In almost every house, ice cream is a favorite treat, because people - regardless of age, gender, nationality - are indifferent to this cool, delicate dessert. Why, instead of buying ice cream at a store, did you suddenly think about how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker?
The modern food industry offers many flavors, compositions, shapes and colors of ice cream, which is why you can sometimes get confused near the display case. However, not a single supermarket sells “thereby”, which is from childhood. The taste of this sweetness remained only in memory, and one cannot buy it for money. But it’s quite realistic to recreate it with your own hands.
Even if the kitchen does not have such a fashionable special equipment. It turns out that you can get great ice cream without an ice cream maker, just have a freezer and tune in to create a culinary miracle!
How to make homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker
In fact, household appliances did not always exist, and the history of the world-famous ice-cream has more than one century. Moreover, an analogue of a modern dessert was served back in Ancient China 2000 BC. So, it is possible to do without progressive kitchen devices. As a reward for our efforts, we get a product that differs not only in pleasant taste, but also in natural ingredients, an exclusive composition, and the author's presentation.
To create a “sweet cold” at home, it is not at all necessary to have the skills of a chef. An excellent result will be obtained even during the first, experimental preparation, if some rules are observed.
When planning our masterpiece, you should stock up on time - at least 3 hours. But after preparing the main mixture, you only need occasional participation in the birth of sweets, so it is possible to combine this process with other culinary delights.
What is the best ice cream free ice cream recipe?
Ice Cream Technology
According to the modern scheme, two conditions must be fulfilled simultaneously:
- Saturate the main ingredient (milk, cream, fruit juice, egg white) with air due to vigorous stirring, bringing the mixture to a state of whipped emulsion.
- Gradually cool the emulsion to a temperature of minus four degrees Celsius, achieving a state of uniform density.
Ice cream at home - it's easy!
Because each of us has a freezer on the farm. Ice cream hardening requires a temperature of -15-17 degrees, which is not a problem for modern refrigerators. After exposure to this temperature, the primary mass turns into soft ice cream, but is unlikely to accept the consistency that we used to see in the store. The fact is that in industrial production they use temperatures up to -60 degrees, because of which the dessert turns into stone.
The work of the ice cream maker consists not only in cooling, but also in the periodic stirring of the mass - for uniform freezing. We can also perform the function of the blade: it is enough to thoroughly mix the workpiece every 20-40 minutes, and then send it back to the cold.
Interesting! Semi-automatic ice cream maker, although it cooks itself, requires much more time and attention. To prepare for work, she will need from 8 to 18 hours. The automatic ice-cream maker is much quicker, it will come to working condition 10-15 minutes after turning it on, but due to the high price for many it will not be affordable. In light of these facts, ice cream at home without an ice cream maker is a great choice!
- 500 ml milk (2.5-3.5%)
- 400 ml. fat cream (33-35%)
- 150 gr. (6 tablespoons) sugar
- 60 gr powdered milk
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 tsp corn starch
- (or 2 tsp potato starch)
- (or 6 grams gelatin)
- (or 3 gr. agar-agar)
The principle of ice cream
The cooled container with blades is filled with a finished mixture of milk, cream, sugar and other fillers. Then the device is connected to the mains. The blades begin to rotate and mix the sweet milk mixture, which is cooled from contact with the cold walls of the tank. As a result, the whipped mixture hardens and mixes evenly, forming ice cream of the same density. The quality of ice cream depends on the constant mixing and uniform cooling of the mixture. If these two conditions are not sufficiently interconnected, ice crystals will appear in the mass. They will unpleasantly crunch on the teeth.
A simple recipe for creamy vanilla ice-cream
We stock up with a half liter of fat cream, 200 g of condensed milk, vanilla, additives to taste.
Whip the cream into the cream, pour in the condensed milk, sprinkle with vanilla sugar. We put in a freezer 2-2.5 hours, do not forget to stir.
In order to turn the ice cream into a popsicle, pour the solidified mass by 50% into molds, insert the sticks and completely freeze. Next, prepare the icing from 100 grams of chocolate and the same amount of butter. Dip the servings in the icing and again send in the freezer, covered with parchment.
Step by step recipe
They assured me for a long time that it is impossible to make a real ice cream at home. For such purposes, you need a special ice cream maker, which kneads the mixture when freezing. I decided to experiment and replace the ice cream maker with a mixer. I liked the result, but not much more work. While my kitchen can not accommodate incompatible for rare recipes.
The simplest in design - mechanical ice makers
The mass is mixed by periodically turning the blades manually, using a special handle. This operation should be repeated every two or three minutes. The bowl is made with double walls. Between them, a mixture of coarse salt and fine ice is poured, which eventually turns into a cold brine. The life of this cooler is short. It has to be frozen in the freezer for each new portion of ice cream. This primitive “refrigerator” cools the inner wall of the bowl. Using a mechanical ice cream machine, you can make ice cream in the absence of electricity.
Homemade ice cream recipe without ice cream №2
We need: a glass of fat cream and a little more than a glass - 18%, 100 grams of sugar, a pinch of salt, vanillin and 3 tablespoons of cocoa.
Cocoa powder is dissolved in a small amount of liquid cream. The remaining 18% is heated, pour sugar. When the sand has completely melted, pour the cocoa, bring to a boil. Add vanillin to the cooled mass, mix. Whip cream with salt and put into the mixture. Freeze.
Electric: automatic and semi-automatic
Modern household electric ice makers are available in two versions:
- Desktop autonomous model of a semi-automatic type. The walls of the bowl in such devices are double. A refrigerant is poured into the space between them. He is able to accumulate cold. To do this, place the bowl in the freezer for 10-15 hours. This stock of cold is enough to prepare one batch.
HILTON semi-automatic ice cream maker requires constant replenishment of ice
The VIS-1599A automatic ice cream maker is compact and can work for a long time
BASIS FOR ICE CREAM
Mix milk powder, sugar, vanilla sugar and starch in a saucepan.
Gradually introduce milk and mix everything.
Turn on the heat and, with constant stirring, bring the mixture to a boil.
Warm up for one minute and turn off the heat.
Cool to room temperature.
Beat well chilled cream.
Introduce chilled ice cream mixture into them.
If you have an ice cream maker, load the mixture there and proceed according to the instructions.
Ice cream ice cream
If there is no ice cream maker, take any suitable container and pour the mixture into it.
Close and put in the freezer for an hour.
An hour later, get the future ice cream out of the freezer and pierce it with a blender.
This must be done to avoid ice formation.
Put in the freezer for another hour.
Get, collect frozen ice cream from the walls and again break through everything with a blender.
This must be done at least twice, otherwise ice will form in the ice cream.
When the mixture becomes smooth send it to the freezer until it solidifies.
You can add grated chocolate to it.
Before cooking, watch a video clip to take into account all the subtleties and nuances.
Making homemade ice cream in an ice cream maker
In order to make ice cream in an ice cream maker, you need, of course, the ice cream maker itself. We already wrote more about what it is in another article. A very convenient device that allows you to get soft and pleasant ice cream in 20 minutes. But for this you need to pre-freeze the ice-cream bowl in the freezer for 12-18 hours (in the instructions for the ice-cream maker, this information is usually indicated more accurately).
To make ice cream in an ice cream maker, you need to prepare an ice cream mix according to any recipe and cool it well. Then turn on the ice cream maker and pour the mixture through a special window in the lid.
Let the ice cream work for 20-30 minutes - and your soft ice cream is ready. It is often very soft and fluid, and melts right before your eyes.
Keeps the form weak. Therefore, this ice cream can be transferred to the casserole with a silicone spatula and put in the freezer for 30-40 minutes - the ice cream will harden a little more and keep its shape.
Ice cream can also be prepared for the future - just put it in a dish or silicone molds in the freezer. And before using such an ice cream it is better to let it stand for several hours in the refrigerator.
Brief general instructions
- Having chosen an ice cream recipe, prepare, mix and cool the mixture of ingredients in advance to a temperature of plus 6-8 degrees (in the refrigerator compartment).
- Add small doses of alcohol to the milk mixture so that the cooling process goes faster.
- Do not fill the bowl more than half the volume, as in the process of mixing the mass, its amount due to air saturation will almost double.
- Make fruit puree right on the ice cream maker, as it can only be added at the very end of the cooking process.
- Set the modes of the ice-cream maker strictly according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Ready ice cream from the bowl can only be unloaded with wooden or plastic spoons.
- Do not leave the ice cream maker plugged in after completing the ice cream process. As soon as the milk mixture reaches the required density, the device should be disconnected from the electricity, and the finished ice cream should be unloaded in previously prepared containers.
Making homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker in a blender
Making ice cream without an ice cream maker is a little more time-consuming process, but it is not very complicated. You also need to mix the ice cream mix according to any recipe. It should be no higher than room temperature. Then the mixture in the blender bowl is placed in the freezer. After 15-20 minutes, the mixture must be removed, mixed with a silicone spatula, well separating from the edges of the bowl and slightly beat with a blender. Again put in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. It will be enough to do this about 4-5 times, and homemade ice cream is ready - it will be very tasty and gentle, due to the fact that the ice cream is constantly mixed and whipped (this is what an ice cream maker usually does for us).
Recipes for making homemade milk ice cream
There are many recipes for making homemade ice cream, very often eggs and cream are used in recipes. Eggs to thicken the mixture, and cream - to increase the fat content of milk, which is used to make ice cream. Indeed, a truly delicious ice cream is quite fatty, because if it does not have enough fat in the ice cream, ice crystals will be felt. But you can “fatten” ice cream not only with cream, but also with other ingredients - like milk powder or cottage cheese. It is them that we propose to use to make tasty, inexpensive and healthy homemade ice cream. Below are a few recipes with ideas and proportions - but in fact, you can add a lot of ingredients to ice cream and experiment by replacing one with the other of the recipes below. The most harmful element in ice cream, of course, remains - it is sugar. But to your taste, you can reduce the amount of sugar (although, of course, ice cream should still be sweet enough). Or to replace part of sugar with substitutes - we use very concentrated stevia syrup as such. Very tasty, healthy and not as high in calories.
Classic Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Ingredients for Making Vanilla Ice Cream
- Homemade milk (or high fat) - 500 ml.
- Powdered milk (better in accordance with GOST) - 6 tbsp. spoons
- Cottage cheese (homemade or high fat) - 6 tbsp. spoons
- Sugar - 5 tablespoons
- Stevia (syrup, powder) - to taste, so that it is sweet enough, or increase the amount of sugar.
- Vanilla essence - 5-10 drops (depending on the manufacturer), can be replaced with ordinary vanilla.
Mix all ingredients with a blender.
If cottage cheese and milk were in the refrigerator before cooking, then you can immediately proceed to prepare ice cream in an ice cream maker. Either first cool the mixture in the refrigerator (or you can put it in the freezer for 30 minutes).
In such ice cream you can and add deliciously any kind of hanging or frozen berries - literally 0.5 - 1 glass will be enough to give a unique and fresh flavor and as a result get strawberry ice cream, or blueberry or raspberry, or even ice cream with black currant - it turns out unimaginably delicious.
- milk - 390 g
- milk powder - 25 g,
- sugar - 75 g
- vanilla sugar - 15 g,
- starch - 10 g.
Step-by-step cooking process:
- Pour starch into a medium-sized glass or enamel pan. Measure a given portion of milk with a glass with divisions and pour most of it into dishes with starch powder. Stir everything thoroughly with a wooden stirrer or manually with a mixer until smooth.
First you need to mix the starch and milk thoroughly
After boiling, cool the mixture.
Constant mixing will not allow the smallest droplets of water to crystallize.
Ice cream is almost done
Creamless Banana Ice Cream Recipe
Ingredients for Making Banana Ice Cream
- Homemade milk - 500 ml
- Banana - 2 pcs.
- Powdered milk - 8 tbsp. spoons.
- Sugar - 5 tbsp. spoons
- Stevia or optionally sugar
- Vanilla or vanilla essence - to taste
Mix all ingredients until smooth with a blender. Cook in an ice cream maker or in a bowl from a blender in a freezer as described above.
- milk - 1440 ml,
- sugar - 195 g
- dark chocolate - 340 g
- eggs - 12 pcs.
- Break the eggs, separate the yolks. Beat them lightly with a spoon or whisk. Pour into a pan, add 720 milliliters of milk and all the sugar. We put on the burner, turn on a small fire and begin to whip with a tablespoon until the mixture accepts the density of sour cream.
- Turn off the burner. Pour the remaining milk slowly. Grind the chocolate on a grater and pour half the volume into the pan. Carefully stir with a wooden spoon.
- Cool the pan with the milk mass to room temperature and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- We prepare the ice cream maker for work and transfer the chilled mass to the bowl. Add the remaining chopped chocolate. Turn on the ice cream, which will begin to mix and cool the milk chocolate mass.
- After half an hour, turn off the ice cream maker and transfer the finished ice cream to a plastic container. Before serving, sprinkle each serving of cocoa.
From coconut milk
- chicken yolk - 3 pcs.,
- cream (fat content 35%) - 300 ml,
- sugar - 130 g
- Coconut milk - 200 ml.
- Heat coconut milk and add sugar to it.
- Continuing to warm the mixture, add cream, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Beat the yolks with a whisk or a hand mixer. Add the cooked yolks to the mixture and bring it to a boil, stirring with a spoon.
- Cool to room temperature and put the container in the refrigerator for an hour.
- The remaining steps are similar to making milk ice cream in an ice cream maker.
Coconut milk coffee ice cream recipe (can be made lean)
Coconut milk itself is very oily, which is why it replaces cream, cottage cheese, and milk powder. And if in this recipe you take soy milk or make almond milk yourself, then you get absolutely lean but incredibly tasty ice cream - it's hard to believe even that.
Coffee Ice Cream Ingredients
- Coconut milk or cream (fat content not less than 30%) - 350 ml.
- Ordinary milk (soybean, almond) - 250 ml.
- Ground coffee - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Water - 150 ml.
- Sugar - 5 tbsp. spoons
- Stevia - to taste or extra sugar
In order to prepare this ice cream, you must first brew strong coffee from the specified amount of water and let it cool at room temperature. Filter coffee through a strainer and mix all the ingredients with a blender. Cook as indicated in the instructions above or in the instructions for your ice cream maker.
The main secret of this original ice cream lies in a delicious Italian cheese made from fat cream - mascarpone. Buying it is easy at any major supermarket. Having a high fat content, Lombard cheese makes ice cream airy, gives a delicate creamy taste.
- fresh raspberries or other berries - 500 g,
- Mascarpone - 250 g
- dark brown sugar - 250 g,
- vanilla sugar - 10 g
- fresh milk - 150 ml,
- fat cream - 200 ml,
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp.
- Thoroughly peel raspberries from leaves and stems and rinse in a plastic bowl.
- Mix milk with sugar, add vanilla sugar and raspberries, beat everything with a blender.
- Continuing to whip the mixture, carefully pour the mascarpone cheese and pour in the lemon juice.
- Whip cream separately at low speed until they thicken.
- Unload the cream with a wooden spoon into the dish with the milk mixture and mix everything carefully.
- Refrigerate for one hour. Then fill the ice cream bowl with the finished mixture. In an ice cream maker, cook for 25 minutes (the pink texture of the mixture should become thick).
- Turn off the ice cream maker, put the bowl with the mixture in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. After that, put the finished ice cream into containers.
Yogurt Ice Cream Recipe
Ingredients for Making Yogurt Ice Cream
- Homemade yogurt (or other non-acidic, non-acidic) - 500 ml.
- Milk powder - 8 tbsp. spoons
- Sugar - 5 tbsp. spoons
- Stevia - to taste or add extra sugar
- Vanilla essence - to taste
Mix all ingredients with a blender. In such a yogurt ice cream it will be appropriate to add any berries as desired. Cook as indicated in the instructions above.
- peeled and diced banana - 300 g,
- fresh milk (fat content 3.2%) - 150 ml,
- cream (fat content 23%) - 100 ml,
- white sugar - 150 g,
- vanilla sugar - 10,
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp.
- Make banana puree (using a blender).
- Add sugar, lemon juice and vanilla sugar.
- Constantly whipping pour milk and cream.
- Cool the finished mixture in the refrigerator.
- Transfer the finished mixture to the ice cream bowl.
- Cook in an ice cream maker according to the instructions.
- chicken yolk - 2 pcs.,
- milk without fat - 200 m,
- cream without fat - 125 ml,
- sweetener - 5 tablespoons,
- vanilla - half a pod.
- Milk and cream are poured into an enamel pan and heated in a moderate flame to a hot state without boiling.
- The yolks and sweetener are whipped with a blender to a foamy state. Then 1/3 of the hot mixture of milk and cream is added to them. The diluted yolks pour in a small stream into the pan with the remaining mixture. Added vanilla and sugar substitute (to taste).
- The pan is again set on fire and heated with stirring until the mixture thickens. Boil must not be allowed, otherwise the yolks will turn into scrambled eggs. The mixture should be thick and resemble sour cream.
- Cool the finished mixture to room temperature and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Then transfer the cooled mixture to the ice-cream bowl and start the appliance for 15–20 minutes.
- Transfer the finished ice cream into a plastic container.
Berry curd ice cream recipe
This ice cream recipe is ideal for children, especially if you use homemade milk and cottage cheese.
Ingredients for making homemade curd ice cream
- Homemade milk - 500 ml
- Homemade cottage cheese, fat - 200 gr
- Sugar - 5 tbsp. spoons
- Stevia - to taste or add more sugar
- Frozen / fresh berries - 1 cup (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, black currants)
- Vanilla to taste
If you use frozen berries in this recipe they do not need to be thawed beforehand - just mix all the ingredients with a blender. In this case, there will be no need to additionally cool the mixture before preparing the ice cream - the frozen berries will give their cold. It is very important to beat such ice cream well with a blender so that all the grains of cottage cheese are gone and the mixture turns into a very homogeneous liquid. The result is a soft and tasty ice cream, with almost no cottage cheese. For children - both tasty and healthy. It's also very budget friendly and all the ingredients are easy to find.
Ice cream recipes can be very many. You can add crumbs of cookies and chocolate to ice cream, all kinds of flavors, fruits and berries. Experiment and have fun!
This low-calorie ice cream is consumed by the sweet tooth, who are sick with diabetes or are watching their figure. If ice cream is specially prepared for diabetics, sorbitol or fructose, which are recommended as sugar substitutes, should be added to its composition. The basis of ice cream is skim milk dairy yogurt or other similar sour-milk products, and fillers and sweeteners can be selected as desired. They can be liquid honey and cocoa powder, sweet fruits and fresh berries. The main thing is to ensure that sugar-free ice cream tastes like a familiar ice cream or popsicles.
- milk yogurt or cream - 50 m,
- egg yolk - 3 pcs.,
- butter - 10 g,
- fructose or sugar sweetener - 50 g,
- berries or pieces of sweet fruit (berry, fruit puree or natural juices).
- Knock down the yolks with a blender, adding a little yogurt or cream to them.
- Mix the whipped mass with the remaining yogurt and put on a slow fire. Stir constantly. Do not bring to a boil.
- Add fillers to the mixture (mashed potatoes, juice, fruit slices, berries. Mix everything.
- At the same time, add sugar substitute (sorbitol, fructose, honey) in small portions.
- Cool the finished mixture to room temperature and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker, let it work for 25-30 minutes. Then place the bowl with the finished product in the freezer for 20 minutes.
From sour cream and condensed milk
This delicacy is distinguished by its delicate taste and uniform solidification. It is very simple to cook at home. It should be borne in mind that condensed milk has a sweet taste, so it is desirable to balance it with raspberries or strawberries, blackberries or cherries (pitted).
- sour cream (store or homemade 20%) - 400 g,
- condensed milk - 380 g,
- berries with a sour taste - 200-250 g.
- Mix sour cream with condensed milk and beat with a blender.
- Rinse the berries carefully, knead with a blender, wipe on a strainer and strain.
- Add the berry mixture to sour cream and mix everything thoroughly with a mixer or blender.
- An ice cream maker is not needed for this type of ice cream. The finished mass in a glass or plastic dish can be immediately placed in the freezer without stirring for 5-6 hours.
How to avoid possible problems
To make ice cream at home tasty and healthy, you need to observe a number of conditions:
- Use only natural products, and fresh and high-quality. This applies to dairy products, fruits and berries, chocolate, cocoa, honey. As flavorings, it is best to use natural vanilla pod.
- Before work, it is necessary to cool the ice-cream bowl in the freezer (for manual and semi-automatic models).
- When heating milk and fruit mixtures, never bring them to a boil (maximum heating temperature plus 80 degrees).
- Flavors are added to the chilled mixture, but not to the hot one.
- Pieces of nuts, fruits, chocolate must first be kept in the refrigerator and added to an almost ready-made ice cream.
- The addition of small doses of liquor, rum, brandy can not only affect the special taste of ice cream, but also make it soft, airy, soft.
Reviews about the work of different ice cream makers
There are no ice crystals when using Vitek Winx WX-1351 FL. And if they were, for me personally, an ice cream maker would not be of any practical interest. Yesterday, a comparative analysis happened by chance: I tried ice cream, which, let’s say, went through an ice cream treatment and ice cream just frozen (without ice cream treatment). In the first case there are no ice crystals, in the second there.
I ordered this Clatronic ICM 3225 ice cream maker from the online store. Now we make the whole family a delicious ice cream without leaving home, it turns out very tasty and profitable. The set of that ice cream maker includes a 1.1 liter cup, a stirring blade and a very detailed instruction in Russian. The cup holder does not allow excess liquid to leak onto the table - it conveniently drains and pours out of this stand. Ice cream preparation time from 30 to 40 minutes. A very good advantage of the Klatronik ICM 3225 is its almost silent engine, and there is a built-in timer that sets the cooking time. The ice cream turned out the first time: very tasty, everyone was satisfied. The volume of ice cream made is approximately 1 kilogram.
The Supra ICS-1207 ice cream maker is a miracle. I really liked that there is a hole on top through which during the process you can put some kind of filler such as nuts, raisins, chocolate, etc. + It is very light, that is, it is easy to follow her fragile hostess). The volume of the bowl for cooking is also just right, on average 350-450 ml, just for a small family for a small meal. I figured out the cooking process very quickly, because the device is very easy to use and I did without instructions.
I have a wonderful mechanical ice cream maker. And it works great. Ice cream is even tastier than what is sold in the store. I have been using it for a long time.
Ice cream is very easy to prepare in the kitchen with an ice cream maker. This process is not only fascinating, but also creative, joyful, creating a good mood. And the result is excellent - a delicious, nutritious, beautifully decorated dessert!