Any housewife is systematically faced with the problem of food residues that must be disposed of. However, throwing away food is a pity if they have not yet expired. This is especially true for mashed potatoes left over from yesterday. Even when heated, it loses a little in quality.
Recipe 1: Mashed potato patties at home in a pan
- potatoes - 500 g
- salt and pepper to taste,
- egg - 1 pc.,
- breadcrumbs - ½ tbsp.,
- vegetable oil (for frying) - to taste.
Peel the potatoes, cut into medium slices and send to cook in salted water until tender.
Drain, mashed potatoes. Cool.
Add some ground pepper.
Mix everything thoroughly until smooth.
Breadcrumbs can be supplemented with spices or dried herbs, for example.
Form small patties from the potato mass.
Roll on all sides in crackers.
Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and lay out the patties.
Fry over medium heat until brown on both sides.
Here are such delicious and tasty mashed potato patties. Help yourself!
Recipe 2: How to Make Cutlets from Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are unmatched among a hot dish. Rosy crisp and tender middle invite to reach for the supplement. Very tasty, airy, aromatic dish made from simple products. No special skills or special abilities are needed for cooking. Advantageously, yesterday’s mashed potatoes can be used in the recipe.
- potatoes - 8 pcs.,
- chicken egg - 1 pc.,
- butter - 30 g,
- breadcrumbs - 100 g,
- water - 1 l
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. l
Peel the potatoes and wash them. Select the yellow tubers so that the cutlets come out bright.
Cut into quarters and put in a pan. Fill with cold water, set on fire. Cook after boiling for 25 minutes.
Drain the water from the finished potatoes. Put it in a bowl.
Pushing a special device. Add the butter. Leave to cool to room temperature.
We divide the egg into protein and yolk. We use protein for other dishes or freeze it by placing it in a clean plastic bag. Add the yolk to the dough.
Mix everything, salt to taste.
Pour breadcrumbs onto a plate. We make cutlets from the potato mass with our hands. Put them in breadcrumbs and roll on all sides.
Pour the vegetable oil into the pan, heat it well. Spread cutlets. Fry over medium heat until golden brown. 2-3 minutes will be enough.
Gently turn over the products and fry for another 3-45 minutes.
We put ready cutlets from mashed potatoes on a common plate or serve in portions, sprinkled with fresh herbs if desired. Dill, parsley, basil, green onions - that is, sprinkle with it. It will come out more fragrant and colorful.
They are best eaten hot until cool. A good addition would be garlic or cheese sauce. The dish will become a delicious side dish or independent dish. Even on the festive table you can put such a bright unusual food from simple products.
Mashed potato patties
If you want to cook something inexpensive, hearty and tasty, try these cool cutlets. Delicate inside with a crispy crust, they are perfect for meat or fish, as well as vegetables or sauce.
Recipe 3: Baked Potato Chops
- potatoes - 500 g,
- egg - 1 pc.,
- salt and pepper to taste,
- breadcrumbs - ½ tbsp.,
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l
We peel the potatoes, cut and boil in salted water until tender.
Knead the finished mashed potatoes.
Cool a little, drive in an egg.
Add salt and pepper.
We make neat cutlets from mashed potatoes. Cooking breadcrumbs.
Bread cutlets in breadcrumbs and send to a pan with heated oil.
Fry over medium heat until golden brown. Serve the mashed potatoes to the table immediately. Bon Appetit!
- mashed potatoes - 700 g,
- onions - 1 pc.,
- garlic - 4 cloves,
- chicken egg - 1-2 pcs.,
- black pepper - to taste,
- fresh mushrooms - 350 g,
- wheat flour - 4 tbsp.,
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil - 70 ml,
- butter - 25 g,
- cream - 100 ml,
- black pepper - 1 pinch.
The classic recipe for potato patties in a pan
Surprise. What do you think about experiencing this feeling? I like to surprise and amaze friends with delicious dishes. But how can one strike the imagination of spoiled tastes today? But with what:
The delicacy is created from soft mashed potatoes, seasoned with aromatic curry. Top covered with seductive breading. Juicyly fried in a skillet. Until crisp. Imagination draws deliciously, doesn't it? May it become a savory reality.
- 5 pieces. potatoes
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp. l flour
- 0.5 cups of milk or boiled water,
- 4 tbsp. l breadcrumbs
- sunflower seed oil
- salt and curry to taste.
1. Start to cook the tubers. Place them in a bowl and rinse thoroughly. Then grab a knife and peel the vegetables. Then divide them into several parts. So the bulb will boil faster. Now send the vegetable to the pan.
2. Then place the bowl with tubers in a medium heat. Cook them under a closed lid to a boil. As soon as the water bubbles, add salt to it, mix and reduce the gas in the burner to a minimum.
3. After the potatoes are ready, drain the water from them. Transfer the vegetable to a deep bowl and pour 0.25 cups of milk or boiled water to it.
Milk or water must be warm before they are mashed.
4. Now take the pusher. Remember her tubers well. The main thing is that there are no lumps left from them!
5. Then add mashed egg, flour, curry and salt. Mix everything thoroughly with your hands until a homogeneous consistency.
Curry can be replaced with another favorite seasoning.
6. Next, take the breading and pour it into a separate bowl.
7. Then prepare the non-stick pan and add the sunflower oil to it. Put the dishes on medium heat to warm the oil.
8. Now we will form oval blanks of mashed potatoes with a length of 7-9 cm. And carefully roll them on all sides in breading. Then send the food to a heated skillet. Add fire under it and fry the delicacy from all sides to a golden crust.
Serve with greens, mayonnaise, ketchup or other favorite sauce.
How appetizingly murmurs butter in a frying pan. You have brought your desire to life. Enjoy the classic delicate products, surprising them with the whole family. And enjoy the delicious moment.
Similar Recipe Collections
Mashed potato cutlets: recipe with photo
Let's start with the simplest recipe, which takes very little time, and as a result gives a satisfying, but not the most high-calorie dish:
- The preparation will take a standard 40-50 minutes. And if you already have ready mashed potatoes - no more than 20 minutes.
- Calorie content per 100 g (2 small cutlets) - 145 kcal.
Recipe 1: mashed potato patties (with photo step by step)
- Potato 600 g
- Egg 1 pc.
- Butter 30 g
- Flour 1-2 tbsp. a spoon
- Breadcrumbs 100 g
Boil potatoes in salted water with bay leaf until cooked.
Drain the water, crush the potatoes, add the butter and cool to about 50 * C. To make mashed potatoes, it is better to use a hand press, not a blender, because when chopped with knives, the mashed potatoes become too sticky. Beat one raw egg and mix thoroughly.
Add in mashed potatoes one or two tablespoons of flour to give a denser consistency. To stir thoroughly.
In a deep plate, mix the breadcrumbs (without salt) with the factory breading mixture in a ratio of 1: 1 or 2: 1 - depending on how salty the mashed potatoes turned out.
Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Put a tablespoon of mashed potatoes in a breading mixture and roll in breadcrumbs on all sides, giving the shape of a ball.
If desired, before molding the patties in a portion of mashed potatoes, you can make a deepening and put some stuffing - in this case, a teaspoon of cream cheese with mushrooms. Then cover the filling with potatoes and also form a ball in breadcrumbs.
Laying the potatoes in a pan in hot oil, gently press the ball with your hand or slotted spoon.
Fry potato patties for 3-5 minutes on each side. Put the finished patties on a napkin to remove excess fat.
Serve the mashed potato patties to the table hot, with a portion of fat sour cream and herbs.
Oven-style lush potato patties with minced meat
Vegetables and meat. A delightful union. So we will combine them in a delicious dish, having cooked it in the oven. They will sparkle deliciously in your language, leaving a lasting impression.
And all we need for food is:
- 200 gr. minced meat
- 500 gr. potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. l flour
- salt and pepper to taste,
- vegetable oil on the eye.
1. Make mashed potatoes. Take the tubers and peel them. Then cut the vegetables in half and send to the pan.
Put the dishes with the bulb on a large fire and cover with a lid. After boiling water, salt it and reduce the gas in the burner. Cook the vegetable for about 20 minutes.
2. While it is boiling, prepare minced meat for it. If you have a fillet, then pass it into a large bowl through a meat grinder or beat with a blender.
Use fatty meats: pork with beef or just piglet. So your dish will be juicier.
3. Remember the potatoes. We remove it from the fire, drain the water and knead the nudge to a puree state. Then break the egg and send it to the crushed vegetable. Add flour, salt and ground pepper to this. Mix everything thoroughly. You should have a solid mass.
4. Return to the minced meat. Place a skillet over medium heat and add sunflower oil to it. And put meat on top of it. Stir it in a pan until smooth.
Then cover the dishes and fry its contents for about 5 minutes. Do not forget to periodically stir the contents - so that nothing burns out.
5. While the meat is being prepared, remove the onion, peel it and lay it on a cutting board.
Finely chop the vegetable and send to the minced meat. Do not forget to salt. Mix everything and continue to simmer the ingredients under the lid until cooked.
6. Once the filling is ready, move it into a bowl. Now prepare the baking dish and grease it with vegetable oil. And also turn on the oven 200 degrees.
7. The time has come for the formation of our blanks. Submerge your hands in flour so that the mash does not stick to them. And form a cake from it with a diameter of 7-9 cm.
8. Then take a tablespoon and scoop up the filling with it. Put it in the center of the mashed potato pancake. After connecting the edges of the cake, hide the filling inside it.
Repeat all steps with vegetable dough and toppings. And put them on a baking sheet. Now put the food in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
9. After the lapse of time, remove the finished dish from the oven and turn it over with the spatula to the other side. Put it in the oven for another 10 minutes.
If hunger has overcome you and your family, then this meal will perfectly satisfy him! And it will bring sparkling and fragrant variety to the culinary life. You just plunge into the taste of the softest cutlets!
- In the bowl with yesterday’s puree, beat the eggs. To make the mass more plastic, preheat the potatoes in the microwave, it should become slightly warm. Pour a little flour here and mix. Remember to add salt to taste.
- Form cutlets from yesterday's potatoes. Lightly roll in the rest of the flour for greater frying. Place in a frying pan with well-heated oil and wait until a crisp appears.
- At this time, prepare gravy in a nearby pan. To do this, fry in refined oil with the addition of cream chopped mushrooms finely chopped and diced onions. Add the garlic and spices. Sweat for about 10-15 minutes. Pour in the cream and leave it on the stove for a short while at minimum burner power.
- Serve potato patties from boiled potatoes by pouring a generous portion of mushroom sauce on top. If you wish, you can sprinkle with fresh dill.
Tip: to get an excellent crisp crust instead of flour, when breading the meatballs, you can use wheat breading.
Recipe 2: mashed potato patties with cheese (with photo)
- Potato - 600 g
- Hard cheese - 50 g
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Flour - 2-3 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper - taste
- Vegetable oil - 1-2 tbsp.
To prepare potato patties with cheese, take the necessary products. Potatoes need to be peeled, washed under running water.
Cut potatoes, pour cold water. Boil in salted water until tender.
Drain the water, mash the potatoes with a pestle or mashed pulp. Add the egg and cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
Stir until smooth, if necessary, add a spoonful of flour.
Form cutlets with wet hands, roll them lightly in flour, it will give them a beautiful and golden crust.
Preheat the pan, add a little oil and fry the patties until golden brown on both sides.
Potato patties with cheese are ready. Serve as a side dish or as an independent dish with sour cream or kefir sauce.
Boil peeled potatoes until soft. Add milk and butter and mash the crush.
To the cooled mashed potatoes, lay the egg, chopped dill, salt, pepper, nutmeg and mix thoroughly. Pour 2 tablespoons of flour and stir again.
Form the meatballs and mashed them in breadcrumbs or flour. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and lay out the blanks. Fry them over medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides.
Mashed potato patties with cheese and bacon filling
Cheese. Soft, spicy, brackish and so irreplaceable. So he crept up to our dish, giving him a special charm. In addition to the historical ingredient, your favorite spices and juicy bacon are mixed in the delicacy.
Let a lush dish with cheese become one of your crown dishes and pamper your tummies for a long time. And cook it in your favorite oven.
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 200 gr. hard cheese
- 2 eggs,
- eye breadcrumbs,
- favorite spices and herbs to taste,
- salt and ground black pepper on the eye.
- 160 gr bacon
- 100 gr. hard cheese.
1. First of all, peel the tubers, send their halves to a pot of water. Put the dishes on the fire. After boiling, salt the water and boil the vegetable until tender.
2. While it is boiling, take hard cheese and a grater. Grate it on a fine cloth over a bowl. Soon we will add it to the puree.
3. Then prepare the filling. Also take the cheese, place it on a cutting board and cut into small cubes. Send the component to a bowl.
4. Now go to the bacon. Remove it from the packaging and cut into small cubes too. Put them in a separate bowl.
5. As soon as the tubers are boiled, drain the water from them. Then make a mashed potato out of the vegetable. Add grated cheese to it and mix everything actively. Then add your favorite spices, salt and black pepper to the dough. Mix the ingredients again.
Due to the cheese, the potato dough will turn out lush and interesting in taste.
6. Next, remove the pan and cover it with parchment paper. Here we will lay out our blanks. And also turn on the oven 180 degrees.
7. Then pour the breadcrumbs into the bowl. Soon we will use them.
8. The time has come for the formation of slightly oval blanks. From the vegetable mass, scoop up a small piece of mashed potatoes with your hands. And make a cake out of it. The diameter can be any.Take cheese and bacon one by one and send them to the center of the pancake. Now wrap the filling in a tortilla.
Roll the resulting breaded and put on a baking sheet. Do the same with the remaining content.
9. Bake workpieces in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. Not more.
As soon as the dish is browned - it is ready.
It happens that classic meat is worth replacing. So let the cheese treat with bacon be a good alternative. And it will turn into a tasty memory of the past day. And in the future it will give many pleasant minutes. In the meantime, do not waste time. Try juicy products!
Potato zrazy with meat filling
It is proposed to cook cutlets according to this recipe with a “surprise” in the form of meat. Stuffing for this can be taken at your discretion - both chicken and beef are perfect. Only the duration of the heat treatment of the filling will vary.
Servings Per Container: 7
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Recipe 3: potato patties with cheese and dill
- Mashed potatoes - 500 gr.,
- Dill - a couple of branches,
- Hard cheese - 100 gr.,
- Sour cream - 70-100 ml.,
- Eggs - 1 pc.,
- Flour - half a cup,
- Sunflower oil
Finely chopped washed dill with a knife.
Grate hard cheese on a medium or fine grater.
Heat mashed potatoes in the microwave to room temperature. Transfer the bowl in which you will prepare the dough.
Add chopped dill.
Next, send the grated cheese to the bowl.
Add spices and salt to taste.
Now mix all the ingredients for the dough to a homogeneous consistency.
Stir again. It remains to add the last ingredient - wheat flour.
The dough for potato cutlets should turn out to be thick (this can be seen in the photo), but at the same time not too “clogged”.
With your hands moistened with water, roll the balls. Flatten them with your hands. You will get flat potato patties. If desired, like regular minced meat patties, they can be breaded in flour or breadcrumbs. Spread them only when the pan with vegetable oil warms up well.
To get a beautiful golden crust, you do not need to regret vegetable oil.
Serve ready cutlets hot. You can put them in a pan as you are ready, add garlic passed through a press to them. Close the pan with a lid and shake. Potato patties are often served with sour cream, cheese sauces, Tartar sauce, ketchup.
How to make potato patties according to the classic recipe
Step 1. It is clear that if you already have ready-made mashed potatoes, we work with it. And if not, we clean the potatoes and cook them until cooked (water needs to be slightly salted).
Step 2 Mash, egg, add flour and all the spices. The consistency should be quite thick - like a regular mixed minced meat.
Step 3 Form our cutlets and roll them in breading.
Step 4 Fry meatballs on high heat on both sides. It is enough to get only a rich glow, because the potatoes are ready.
Step 5 We decorate cutlets with greens, and you can serve with sour cream, ketchup, mustard, vegetables - here is complete freedom for culinary imagination.
Potato patties with delicious chicken stuffing
Have you won the lottery? And your family, yes. And it will be a dish. His recipe will be a win for you! Do you know why? The prize will be the filling. It juicy chicken, garlic, spicy oregano and tender potatoes were mixed in such an unusual and delicious way. And all this savory “hugs” ... a crispy cracker.
You will be in heaven with surprise! And pick a real culinary jackpot.
- 8-10 potatoes,
- 220 gr chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp. l flour
- 50 gr dry non-sweet crackers
- 1 clove of garlic
- vegetable oil on the eye,
- salt, pepper and oregano to taste.
1. Let's start our culinary adventure with chicken. Rinse it in warm water. Lay the bird on a cutting board and cut into several large pieces. Then take the pan and send the fillet into it. And top it with cold water.
Place the meat on a large fire and close the lid of the pan. After a while, collect the foam from the water and salt it. Continue cooking the chicken over low heat for another 30 minutes. Once it is cooked, put the fillet in a bowl and leave to cool slightly.
2. While the meat is being cooked, we will put the tubers and boil. Clean them and place them in a pot of water. Send the dishes to the fire. After a while, salt the vegetable and cook until tender.
3. Put the finished chicken on the board. Then grab a knife and cut it into small pieces.
4. Make a dressing for meat. Prepare the garlic, peel it. Pass one clove of garlic through a garlic squeezer or a fine grater.
5. In a bowl of garlic mass, add salt, black pepper and oregano. Mix the ingredients well and send them to the chicken. Mix everything again. You got the filling for your goodies.
6. Remember about the root crop. Drain the water from it and with the help of a pusher, mashed the vegetable. Add flour, egg and salt to it. Mix everything actively.
7. We are taken for a cracker. Send it to a blender and grind until crumbs. Then put the mass in a bowl. Cookies will be our breading.
8. Then prepare a baking sheet and cover it with parchment paper. Lubricate it with sunflower oil and do not forget to turn on the oven 200 degrees.
9. Now we form cakes from the vegetable dough, and put chicken filling in its center. Wrap the dough around the filling, hiding it inside. Roll the dish on all sides in a cracker and lay it on a baking sheet. And then send to the oven for 10 minutes.
10. As time passes, take the treat out of the oven and gently turn it over. Then send it back to the oven for another 10 minutes. Reduce the fire in the cabinet to 150 degrees.
Get your winnings out of the oven! Appetizing, tender and unique cutlets. Arrange them in plates, season with a vegetable salad or your favorite side dish. And enjoy your jackpot!
Recipe 4: mashed potato patties with mushroom filling
Potato patties stuffed with - in this case, mushroom - an excellent dish for fasting or vegetarians. An egg is added to the potato, which holds the “forcemeat” together, but it can be safely removed from the recipe, it has been checked more than once: the potato also keeps its shape well and does not fall apart.
- Potato - 800 g
- Milk - 100 ml
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Flour - 0.5 cups
- Salt to taste
- Champignons - 200 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Sunflower oil - for frying
Cut mushrooms, fry in sunflower oil. Add chopped onions, fry until the onions are soft. Salt, pepper to taste.
Add finely chopped dill. Mix. The filling is ready.
Peel the potatoes. Cook in salted water until tender. Knead, let it cool slightly. Then add milk and egg.
Add the flour. Mix well. "Stuffing" is ready.
We form cutlets from mashed potatoes. It is convenient to use flour so that the potatoes do not stick to the hands.
We fry potato patties stuffed with a small amount of sunflower oil on both sides until golden brown. Serve hot as an independent dish with vegetables, salad.
Lenten potato cutlets
If you wish, you can cook potato patties not only in a pan, as shown in the photo in this recipe, but also in the oven. Molded products are laid out on foil or baking paper and baked at a temperature of 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
The advantages are obvious - no oil and extra calories. A great option for lean mashed potato patties.
Lenten potato cutlets
Lenten potato patties with mushrooms, fried in a pan
The post is already behind, but we want to see dishes from its menu on our table all year round. And mushrooms, including. Spicy and juicy. They will create harmony by combining with the vegetable component of the dish. And nettles, mint and bay leaves add piquancy to your food.
See for yourself. Let's start the “cook”!
- 700 gr. potatoes
- 200 gr. fresh champignons
- 2 tbsp. l dry nettle
- 2 tbsp. l dry peppermint
- 3 tbsp. l flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion
- breading flour,
- vegetable oil and salt to taste.
1. First, boil the tubers. Peel and cut them. Then send the vegetable to a pot of water. And the dishes themselves on the stove. After boiling water, salt it and add a bay leaf. Cook the contents until cooked. Then drain the water from it.
2. While the bulb is boiling, take the onion and peel it. Now finely chop the vegetable on the board. And fry until golden brown in a pan with vegetable oil.
3. We are taken for mushrooms. Rinse them well and pour boiling water over them. Then peel the component off the top peel. Then lay it on a cutting board and finely chop it. Put the mushrooms in a bowl and leave aside.
4. Make mashed potatoes. Take the pusher and remember the tubers with it. In the resulting slurry, send flour, fried onions, mint, nettle and mushrooms. Mix everything thoroughly.
You can add fresh mint and nettle instead of dried.
5. Now sprinkle flour on a plate. Form blanks from the mushroom mass and roll them in flour.
6. Next, take a frying pan with a non-stick coating, pour vegetable oil into it. Send the cutlets here. Fry them on all sides over high heat until golden brown.
After that, turn off the gas in the burner and cook the dish under the closed lid for about 5-7 minutes. So the mushrooms in the treat will have time to ripen.
This dish simply beckons with its aromas and appetizing. What, burn with the desire to try it soon ?! The interweaving of different tastes will take you far, far into the world of pleasure, happiness and pleasure. May you experience a gamut of sensations from every piece of potato dish!
Recipe 5: mashed potato patties with minced meat
- Potato (large) - 4 pcs.,
- Carrots - 1 pc.,
- Onions - 1 pc.,
- Chives - 2 pcs.,
- Bulgarian pepper (can be frozen) - 1 pc.,
- Flour - (2.5 tbsp. In the dough + 3 tbsp. For breading),
- Salt (to taste)
- Ground black pepper,
- Vegetable oil (for frying),
Cut the tubers of peeled potatoes into four parts, pour boiling water over with boiling water, salt and cook over moderate heat until soft.
While the potatoes are being prepared, take care of the vegetable filling. Chop the onion, freed from the husk, with a knife. Send it to a pan preheated with oil.
Wash the carrots, remove the skin from it and grate it on a coarse grater. Add to the onion. Fry the vegetables, stirring, for five minutes.
For sweet pepper, remove the stalk, core and seeds. Cut into small squares and send to the vegetables. Simmer the contents of the pan for another 5 minutes. Remove the vegetable filling from the heat, add salt and finely chopped green onions.
Drain all water from the boiled potato. Then put the pot back on the fire for a couple of seconds so that the remaining broth evaporates. Mash potatoes with mashed potatoes. Cool it completely. Add flour, knead the dough thoroughly.
Flatten a little dough in the palm of your hand into a thin cake, in the middle of which lay a vegetable filling. Gather the edges and pinch them like pies. Give the potato patties the desired shape. So that the potato dough does not stick to your hands, and it is easier to form cutlets, from time to time dip your hands in water.
Roll each cutlet well in flour or breading.
Fry in a skillet heated with sunflower oil, over moderate heat. When the cutlets are covered with a golden brown on one side, turn them over to the other side.
Potato patties with vegetables are in harmony with almost any sauce. Vegetables for the filling of these potato zrazy, you can take any. White or cauliflower, zucchini, squash, broccoli are suitable.
If you do not like fried very much, then potato chops can be baked. The oven allows you to cook a lot at once, and use a minimum of fat. Before cooking in the oven, potato products can not be breaded. Baked, they keep their shape well.
Potato zrazy in the oven takes a little longer to cook, so you can add chicken or minced meat to the filling.
Potato cutlets with filling: how to cook
And these are not just potato patties, but real zrazy - i.e. cutlets with filling. As the fillings, you can choose:
- Minced meat from one meat or mixed, with onions, rice or without them.
- Canned or stewed fish with or without onions.
- A mixture of onions, carrots and bell peppers, other vegetables.
- Mix of minced meat with vegetables.
- Stewed mushrooms with cheese or with meat, vegetables.
Regardless of the type of filling, there are 2 general principles for making potato patties with filling:
- You can extinguish the filling initially, and then fry the cutlets very quickly, as usual, for 5 minutes on each side.
- Or you can put raw stuffing, but then you have to bake cutlets in the oven (20 minutes at 180 ° C) or simmer them in a pan with added water.
The first option is perfect for lovers of crisp, because the cutlet is really fried until you get a delicious blush. And in the second case, the product will be soft, soft, but without excess oil. In short, the recipe can be chosen to taste.
Video on how to cook lush cutlets of mashed potatoes with canned fish
You probably haven’t seen such a recipe ?! In fact, it is very interesting. And the thing is that the basis for the dough consists not only of mashed potatoes, but also of fish. Yes, you understood everything correctly, canned fish are not added to the inside of the workpiece as a filling, but used as part of the dough.
The recipe is very interesting. unusual and tasty at the same time. And since we decided to surprise today, then in the last recipe we will do it again.
Your loved ones will never guess what is in the composition. You can even come up with a prize for someone who guesses. Try to cook, you might like the recipe.
And in any case, it will become another quick and on-duty dish when you do not know what to cook for dinner.
Recipe 6: mashed potato patties with garlic (step by step photos)
- mashed potatoes - 500 g
- bread crumbs - 3 tablespoons
- fresh dill - 0.5 bunch
- chicken egg - 1 pc.
- sunflower oil - 3 tbsp.
- salt - 1 pinch
- garlic - 2 cloves
Rinse the greens well, dry and chop finely. Then add to the puree.
Add garlic squeezed through the press, salt to taste and mix well.
Beat the egg with a fork. Form cakes from mashed potatoes and fry in well-heated vegetable oil, first dipping them in an egg and then in breadcrumbs.
Fry on both sides until golden brown.
Serve with sour cream.
How to make mashed potato patties lush and tasty
But what about without valuable advice on creating unusual cutlets from mashed potatoes? We read, friends, and do not forget to put them into practice.
1. The success of the excellent shape of the blanks depends on the dense texture of the puree itself. If you feel that the mass is liquid, do not be afraid to add more flour to it. And eggs: they will make the vegetable "dough" denser and more sticky.
2. Instead of flour, you can use semolina. To your taste.
3. A great way to turn one dish into another. If you have "delayed" mashed potatoes in your refrigerator, urgently turn it into a treat from the article! And the product will not disappear, and try a new dish.
4. In a lean dish, eggs can be replaced with a mixture of flour and water. To do this, dilute in a bowl 2 tbsp. l flour with 3 tbsp. l cold water. Mix everything and pour into the composition of hot water in such an amount that the mixture becomes similar in density to sour cream. Then send the pulp in mashed potatoes.
5. In the composition, use completely different provisions for the filling: seafood, boiled eggs, stewed vegetables, fish and crab sticks. Also mix them with various sauces. It will be very delicious!
6. In addition to the oven and pans, vegetable dishes can also be deep-fried. And also on the grill, wrapping each item in foil. The dish will turn out not only crispy, but also juicy.
7.In addition to crackers, cookies and flour, breadcrumbs can serve ... raw eggs.
8. Be sure to wet your palms in the water when forming blanks. So they better keep their shape.
9. And one more trick. For their beautiful shape, put a potato pancake on a cling film and send the filling to its center. Now, when forming products, tuck the film with a flat cake. Thus, the filling will hide inside the dish, and its shape, thanks to the film, will be perfect!
10. Serve various sauces to the delicacy: mushroom, tartar and sour cream and garlic. Or maybe you have another - your favorite? Be sure to try it with juicy cutlets!
11. Do I need a side dish for food? This is a matter of taste. You can experiment and serve a dish with buckwheat or rice. And a vegetable salad will be an ideal complement to the treat.
12. Mashed potatoes can be prepared in another way: boil the tubers in their uniforms, peel and grate. And add the necessary ingredients here. Everything is simple!
13. About the proportions. On a kilogram of tubers should be 2-3 tbsp. l flour.
14. It is best for a meal not raw filling. It is advisable to pre-fry or cook the ingredients for the filler.
Taste. We sacrifice a lot in order to test it on our lips. We roll our eyes when we try something new. We languish in anticipation of a lunch break. To satisfy not only hunger, but to feel the blissful “salt” of food.
I wish that the tastes of goodies on your plates were always bright surprises. A pleasant surprise and a sudden lottery. Which, it seems, won by choosing the desired recipe. Let this happen with potato patties. They are so different, unusual, alluring and very tasty!
Rush the moment of cooking a delicious dish. Give your beloved gastronomic surprise! They will be pleasantly surprised by its contents and will remember this delicious adventure for a long time.
Savory cutlets from mashed potatoes yesterday
The basis of the dish is not only mashed potatoes. As additional ingredients are zucchini and cheese. The latter gives the patties a light piquancy. You can use both the remnants of the dish, and boil the potatoes in their skins in advance, and then grate them with a grater. Make interesting cutlets from regular boiled potatoes, and be sure to keep the recipe and keep it handy.
Servings Per Container: 5
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Recipe 7: How to Make Mashed Potato Chops
- potatoes - 1 kg
- wheat flour - 2 tbsp
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.
- chicken egg - 2 pcs.
- butter - 40 gr
- onions - 2 pcs.
- salt pepper
Rinse the required amount of any kind of potato from the ground under running water and peel it. After repeatedly rinse the potatoes in water, place on a cutting board and cut into cubes with an approximate diameter of up to 3-4 centimeters. Put the chopped potatoes in a deep pot, and pour clean, distilled water so that it not only completely covers the vegetable, but also is about 1 to 2 centimeters higher than its level.
Turn the stove to a strong level and place a potato pot on it. When the water boils, fasten the level of the stove to a temperature between small and medium. Add salt to the pan with tubers to taste, and boil the potatoes until cooked, this process will take about 15 to 20 minutes, mainly the cooking time depends on the quality of the potatoes and the hardness of the water.
While boiling potatoes, peel the onion, rinse it under running water from various kinds of contaminants and dry the vegetable with paper kitchen towels to remove excess moisture. Then lay the onion heads on a chopping board and cut them with a knife, using an average cube with approximately a diameter of up to 1 centimeter.
Turn the stove on a medium level and place a pan with 1 - 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil on it. When the fat warms up, throw the chopped onion into it and fry, stirring with a kitchen spatula until light golden crust and transparency. This process will take about 5 to 7 minutes, the frying time depends on the pan and how much you heated the oil. Put the fried onions in a deep plate, and check the potatoes are ready.
Pierce one of the potato slices with a fork, if it crumbles or the fork freely enters the vegetable, then your ingredient is ready for the next step. Cover the pan with a lid, leaving a small gap and holding the container with a kitchen towel, drain all the water from it without a trace. Remove the lid from the pan, arm yourself with a pusher and mash the boiled vegetable so that a mass without lumps is obtained. If suddenly a lot of mass seems, then part can be put aside and cook something else from potatoes.
Then, in the puree, add the right amount of eggs for splendor, a small piece of butter for a delicate aftertaste, black pepper for flavor and sifted wheat flour for viscosity. Stir the ingredients and beat them lightly for 2 to 3 minutes. After allowing the aromatic mass to cool completely to room temperature, then cover the pan with a lid and send to the refrigerator for at least 30 - 40 minutes, during which time mashed potato will become denser and it will be easier to form semi-finished products - cutlets. But if time is running out, just cool the mass completely and proceed to the next step.
After the right time, remove the pot of mashed potatoes from the refrigerator. Sprinkle a cutting board with a small amount of sifted wheat flour, pour the rest of the flour into a deep plate. Scoop a tablespoon of potato mass with a slide, lay it on your hand and form a round or oval cutlet, as you like best. Then roll the cake mix in the flour so that its layer completely covers the cutlet, and lay your product on a chopping board sprinkled with flour. Form the remaining cutlets in the same way.
Turn the stove on a medium level and place a pan with a small amount of vegetable oil on it. Gently place the first batch of cutlets in the preheated fat and fry them on both sides to a golden, light brown crust, periodically turning the kitchen spatula on one side or the other.
It will take about 8 to 10 minutes to fry the cutlets on both sides, over medium heat. Place the finished meatballs with a kitchen spatula on a large flat dish. Add a little more oil to the pan and place the second batch of cutlets in it. In the same way, cook all the other potato patties.
Potato patties served hot. They are laid out on plates at the rate of 2 cutlets - 1 serving and optionally watered with sour cream, thick homemade cream, as well as garnish with fresh parsley, dill or sprinkled with chopped green onions. Very often this type of cutlet is served with different sauces, for example, with mushroom, tomato, cream and many others. The texture of the cutlets is velvet, very delicate, almost airy. A pleasant vegetable aroma. The taste is salty sweet, with a slight aftertaste of black pepper. Inexpensive and tasteful! Bon Appetit!
Recipe 8: Mashed Potato Mushrooms with Sour Cream Sauce
- potatoes - 1 kg
- mushrooms - 300 g
- onions - 1 head
- milk - 100 ml
- butter - 25 g
- egg - 1 piece
- salt, pepper to taste
- sour cream - 250 g
- pickled cucumbers - 50 g
- greens - half a bunch
Boil peeled potatoes (although it is believed that it is better to do this in their uniforms, since more nutrients are stored - in this case, of course, we clean immediately after cooking). While the potatoes are being cooked, we will prepare a mushroom “supplement”. To do this, finely chop the onion and sauté in vegetable oil, then add the chopped mushrooms and fry for about 15 minutes.
In the boiled potatoes, immediately add the butter to the hot, crush, then pour the warmed milk into a little and turn the mass into mashed potatoes, which we taste and salt and pepper.
We mix mushrooms with onions in mashed potatoes, also at this stage you can add greens.
We form cutlets from potato-mushroom mass.
Beat the egg with a whisk, dip the patties into it, then roll in the breadcrumbs.
We place the mashed potato patties in a refractory form, greased with oil (or on a baking sheet) and put in the oven preheated to 190С for 30-40 minutes.
During this time we’ll make the sauce: finely chop finely pickled cucumbers, add a lot of chopped dill and beat it all with sour cream.
Such cutlets can be served not only as a side dish, but also as a completely independent dish.
Step by step recipe
Step 1. First, peel and cook the potatoes until cooked.
Step 2 Mashed potatoes. If desired, you can add a little butter, milk, sour cream or cream to it.
Step 3 We chop the meat, wash it and pass it through the meat grinder or chop finely on the board.
Step 4. At the same time, we rub onions with carrots on a medium grater or cut with a knife. We also cut the bell peppers in small pieces.
Step 5 Pour oil into a heated frying pan, put meat and vegetables and simmer the whole mixture for about 15 minutes (strong fire, then medium).
Step 6 We return to the potato. Add 5-6 tablespoons of flour to it: as a result, you should get a fairly thick, dense dough.
Step 7. Using a glass or saucer, we make several pieces of the same size. We roll each of them with a rolling pin, lay the filling in the middle.
Step 8 We shape and bread our cutlets, make something like a pie.
Step 9 Fry from 2 sides until a beautiful blush is obtained.
Serve with sour cream or vegetables. But the side dish, of course, is not needed - the dish turned out to be full.
Potato cutlets with meat
So that mashed potato patties do not fall apart during molding or frying, the dough should be made especially dense. To do this, add flour or semolina to it (you can also introduce 1-2 chicken eggs).
Recipe 9: Simple Mashed Potato Chops
- potatoes - 1 kg
- flour - 35 gr
- chicken egg - 2 pcs.
- vegetable oil - 30 ml
- butter - 40 gr
- salt - 1 tsp
The first thing we do is cook potatoes. First, we will peel each root crop and cut it into four parts (this is necessary in order for the vegetable to boil faster).
Potatoes should be cooked in salted water until it becomes soft. Then the water should be drained and a little butter should be added to the boiled vegetable.
We knead potatoes and butter to a state of homogeneous mass. The easiest way to do this is to use a blender, although, of course, you can also act manually.
Now you should drive the egg into the resulting mashed potatoes, and add one and a half tablespoons of flour. All this also needs to be brought to a homogeneous state.
From the potato dough that we have, we sculpt the patties, after which we send them to fry in a skillet.
Potato patties should be fried over medium heat until they are browned on both sides. After that, they can be served to the table, seasoned with sour cream or some kind of sauce.
Potato patties with mushrooms: the most delicious recipe
This recipe deserves special attention - cutlets from potatoes and mushrooms. After all, it combines three classic tastes.
Loose, soft potatoes, as you know, are in perfect harmony with the aroma of mushrooms, and also with a delicate creamy taste. If you combine this basic combination together, you get a complete dish that can be served with any side dish or just eat without additives.
- potatoes - 1 kg
- any mushrooms (preferably frozen or dried) - 100 g,
- any hard cheese - 50 g,
- butter - 2 large spoons,
- chicken egg - 1-2 pieces,
- bread crumbs - 4 large spoons,
- onion - 1 piece,
- vegetable oil for frying - 3-4 tablespoons,
- salt, spices and herbs - at your discretion.
Recipe 10: How to Cook Vegetable Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes
- Potato - 250 g
- Any vegetables (carrots, green peas, green beans, etc.) - 200 g
- Onions - 30 g
- Cilantro Greens - 3 branches
- Mixture of garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Bread - 1 slice
- Salt to taste
- For roasting:
- Flour - 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Vegetable oil
- For garlic paste:
- Garlic - 50 g
- Fresh ginger - 50 g
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
For garlic paste, heat the vegetable oil, then cool to room temperature. Peel, wash, dry the ginger and garlic root with a paper towel and grind it with vegetable oil in a blender (you can store the paste in the refrigerator for up to two months).
Wash vegetables, peel and boil until cooked. Mashed potatoes.
Finely chop the remaining vegetables, add to the potatoes.
Add finely chopped onions, ½ teaspoon of garlic paste, a mixture of garam masala, chopped cilantro, salt and crumble a slice of bread with your hands, mix.
Fry the vegetable mass in a pan with 1 tbsp. a spoonful of vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
Stuff the minced vegetables in a bowl, add lemon juice and mix again.
Form small flat cutlets.
In a small bowl, dilute the flour with water until a thick paste is obtained. Dip each cutlet into the flour mixture.
Then roll in breadcrumbs.
Fry the patties on both sides until golden and crisp (if desired, the patties can be baked in the oven).
Serve the vegetable cutlets hot with tomato sauce. Bon Appetit.
How to cook: recipe step by step
Step 1. First you need to get mashed potatoes. To do this, wash the potatoes, peel and boil until cooked. Can be cut into small pieces to speed up the process.
Step 2. Meanwhile, we soak the dried mushrooms, for which they need to be washed and pour a glass of boiling water for 10 minutes. And frozen mushrooms, of course, need to be thawed in advance.
Step 3 Cut the onions and mushrooms into approximately equal pieces. At the same time, chop the greens.
Step 4 Thawed and soaked mushrooms, along with onions, fry over high heat for 15 minutes. Water should evaporate almost completely. At the same time, they can be salted and spices added. Then remove from heat and let cool.
Step 5 The next step, how to cook potato patties is to make mashed potatoes by adding greens, oil, salt, spices and an egg to it. Here you need to try with might and main so that there are not even small lumps.
Step 6 The mashed potatoes need to be mixed well to make it completely homogeneous. Then you can put it on an open bowl - then it will cool very quickly.
Step 7 Again we are making “pies”. The mashed flat cake is rolled very thinly, a teaspoon of the filling is placed in it, then the edges are wrapped so that there are no holes left.
Step 8 Next, bread and fry from 2 sides until golden brown - more is not necessary, because all the products are ready.
Step 9 Serve with herbs, vegetables or salad.
Potato cutlets with mushrooms
A unique option, during the preparation of which you get a tasty and satisfying dish of products that everyone has in the refrigerator. Sausage can be used absolutely any - smoked, boiled or regular sausages. Such cutlets from the remains of mashed potatoes can also be supplemented at your discretion with any aromatic herbs or tomato sauce in the filling, it all depends on the imagination shown.
Servings Per Container: 10
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Potato cutlets with fish: recipe with photo step by step
And potato patties with fish filling are especially tasty. Actually, these are not cutlets, but zrazy, like all other similar products.
To prepare such a dish, it is appropriate to use any fish, focusing on your taste. In haste, you can even take canned fish - saury, sprat, sardine is quite suitable for these tasty purposes.
Consider, for example, a recipe for potato patties with red fish (trout, salmon, chum salmon, pink salmon and others).
What products will be needed
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 400 g of fish (middle slice),
- 2 chicken eggs
- 1 onion,
- 4 large spoons of breadcrumbs,
- a little sour cream (1-2 tablespoons) or butter,
- little vegetable for frying - 3-4 tablespoons,
- salt, spices and herbs - at your discretion.
How to cook: instructions step by step
Step 1. Peel potatoes, wash under running water, chop and boil in salted water until tender.
Step 2 Drain the water, mashed the potatoes. Add the egg and cheese (grated hard cheese), salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3 Mix everything together until smooth.
Step 4 Form wet cutlets with wet hands, roll them lightly in flour.
Step 5 Heat the pan well, add oil and fry the patties until golden brown on both sides.
Potato patties with cheese
Serve potato patties with cheese as a delicious side dish - for meat or fish. They are good as an independent dish - with sour cream sauce.
And if you add ham to the potato patties with cheese, believe me, the food will be excellent!
Potato patties with cheese and ham