Walnut jam is a rather refined and rare sweet, which is found mainly in warm regions. Properly preparing walnut jam is a laborious and difficult task, but if you carefully follow the instructions in the recipe, then even the first time you can get an excellent result. We want to offer you some wonderful recipes for making jam from young walnuts, which will allow you to expand your culinary experience and, of course, once and for all impress guests at a tea party.
Composition and calorie content
The walnut fruit is very unique: it has a different composition depending on the degree of ripening. Vitamin C, for example, is present only in jam from unripe (green) nuts. Whereas in a ripe fruit it is completely absent. In addition, walnuts, and, accordingly, jam from it, are saturated with vitamins and minerals.
The chemical composition of young walnut jam includes amino acids, vitamins (B, C, K, A, E, PP, F) and a complex of minerals (calcium, magnesium, iodine, potassium, zinc, iron, phosphorus). The walnut fruit is high-calorie, and when making jam from it, in connection with the additionally added ingredients, the number of calories of such a treat reaches 238 kcal - 433 kcal / 100g.
Cooking time: 8 days
Servings Per Container: 2 Liters
Appetizing and incredibly beautiful walnut jam is a real delicacy that requires diligence and accuracy during the cooking process. However, the result you get is able to exceed all conceivable expectations.
- Walnut 2 kg (unripe)
- Granulated Sugar 1.7 kg
- Honey 250 gr.
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Cloves 5 buds
- Vanilla Extract 1 gr.
- Cardamom 1 seed
The story of an unusual recipe
Do not be alarmed by our courage and determination: you can really make jam from walnuts. But not only from those that have already ripened, but from very young, the so-called milk maturity. These green fruits are still unsuitable for fresh food: they are bitter and taste completely unlike the nucleoli that we compared in childhood with brains for appearance.
These very fruits will be needed for a tasty, fragrant and healthy jam. They need to be collected, depending on the region, from the end of May until the first decade of July. For example, in the south of our country already in mid-June, most often, nuts already enter the ripening period and become unsuitable for jam: the shell begins to form and harden.
To determine the desired level of ripeness, pierce the fetus with a toothpick. If it easily goes through and just as easily gets - feel free to collect nuts. You can check in this way each of them, because later on you still have to prick them.
This is what milk ripe walnuts look like for jam
Jam from unripe walnuts from ancient times is known in the Middle and Middle East, in the southern countries of Europe and Southeast Asia. Now this dessert is very popular in Italy, Spain, Greece, Moldova, Ukraine, the North Caucasus, in the Kuban.
In each region, the recipes for this dessert have their own characteristics, but they are all based on the same principle.
Nuclei are oversaturated with useful substances. Appreciated for the content:
- iodine, which monitors the hormonal state of the human body, is involved in the production of substances that contribute to the fight against pathogens, and also affects the functioning of the brain,
- Vitamin E is an important antioxidant that helps fight against toxins. It is indispensable for the development and growth of babies, as well as during the pregnancy of a woman,
- Vitamin C - helps maintain human immunity.
To make jam from young walnuts useful, you must take the fruit, plucked in early June. It is during this period of time that the nut is maximally saturated with macro- and microelements, and its peel has not yet hardened, it is easily pierced and cleaned.
No wonder because of the healing properties of this fruit, it is also called the "tree of life." The high content of iodine in it is very useful for people with thyroid problems. Jam from green nuts helps maintain the functioning of the heart and blood vessels, strengthens the immune system and improves brain activity. The antioxidants contained in this delicacy are a preventive measure for oncological diseases, and in cases of stomach ulcers it is a real assistant in the digestive system.
It has useful healing qualities in heart diseases, nervous disorders and problems with the genitourinary system. It is also an assistant in the treatment of gastritis and stomach ulcers. For women, this is a “doctor” of the reproductive system, which can help improve the reproductive organs.
Now let's look at several categories of people and what beneficial properties of jam from walnuts they have on them.
The general principle of making nut jam
Although walnuts of milk ripeness are very soft, compared with fully ripened walnuts, they still need additional processing before cooking. The juice of nuts is very bitter due to the high iodine content, so it should be removed by prolonged soaking.
Traditionally, nuts are not soaked in pure water, but in a lime solution at the rate of 100 g of substance per 1 liter of water. Modern housewives are often indignant: "And so around is solid chemistry, also soak nuts in the lime!". Let's recall the school course in this wonderful subject.
Firstly, all the products known to us include chemical elements. Secondly, lime is nothing but calcium oxide, a harmless substance used everywhere in everyday life. It is not worth talking about the benefits of calcium for the body. If we recall that sodium chloride is sodium chloride (the result of the interaction of two toxic substances), you can be completely scared. However - add to most dishes, and nothing, very tasty.
Do not be afraid to use lime: it is just a harmless calcium oxide and not an evil poison that will poison your jam
Finish the excursion into the basics of chemistry and return to our jam. Nuts for him are soaked in a lime solution from 5 days to 2-3 weeks, until soft. Heavily darkened during this time is repeatedly pricked or cut in half, after which it is boiled for several hours in sugar syrup. The standard ratio of products is:
- 1 kg of soaked nuts,
- 1.2 kg of sugar
- 1 liter of water.
The amount of ingredients may vary slightly depending on the region or even the preferences of the hostess. In addition, many people like to add spices to dessert - cinnamon, figs, anise, cloves.
By the way, it is desirable that the dishes for soaking nuts be made of stainless steel: aluminum is contraindicated for so long to contact with water and iodine contained in nuts, and you can not wash the enameled pan or bowl from persistent nut juice. For the same reason, you need to peel the nuts with gloves, so as not to go around for a week with black hands.
Peel walnuts only with gloves: nut juice is firmly eaten into the skin of the hands
Armenian green walnuts jam
Jam from young, still green walnuts is a very healthy, iodine-rich treat. The preparation of this dish should be approached fairly responsibly, as improperly prepared fruits of nuts give strong bitterness to the final product.
- Walnuts - 750 gr.
- Sugar sand - 3 kg.
- Water - 3 l.
- Cloves buds - 15 gr.
- Cinnamon - 1.5 tsp
- Cardamom - 15 gr.
- Citric acid - 0.8 tsp
- The fruits of young green walnuts should be peeled off the top layer of the skin, and then soak the fruits in cold clean water for about 5-7 days. An important point: the water must be changed twice or even thrice a day, and collect it so that it completely covers the nuts.
- After seven days, the nuts need to be drained and soaked again, but in lime water for a day. It is advisable to mix nuts immersed in a liquid every couple of hours. To prepare lime water, you need to dilute 200-300 grams of lime (slaked) in 2-3 liters of clean water and stand for half an hour. After this time, the liquid must be poured into another container through a clean gauze, folded in several layers.
- After the above manipulations, you should drain the nuts from the lime water and rinse them thoroughly in clean running water. When you thoroughly wash the fruits, each of them needs to be pierced with a fork or awl to form many small holes.
- Next, you will need to boil the nuts for half an hour in water with alum. Observe time from the moment of boiling liquid. This process is necessary in order to surely neutralize the lime remaining in the fruits. Drain the water with alum, and cool the nuts in cold, clean water.
- Repeat the process of boiling and cooling the nuts again and cool them. While the nuts are cooling again, start making sugar syrup.
- In order to prepare sugar syrup for jam from young walnuts, you need to dilute sugar in six liters of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Put nuts in boiling syrup, and put the spices in a gauze bag, and then send them there.
- Jam must be cooked over moderate heat for four hours, after which it must be allowed to cool completely. After that, return the jam to the fire and boil until the syrup thickens to the desired consistency.
- Citric acid in walnut jam must be added 5-7 minutes before cooking. Put the finished nuts in a jar or jars, always sterile, and pour them with hot syrup. Cork each jar with a sterile lid and allow the workpiece to cool at room temperature.
Subtleties of product selection
For jam, you need to select large kernels at the stage of wax maturity. An important selection criterion is the absence of any flaws, including cracks and dents in the shell.
In early July, walnuts formed a middle, but the shell remains soft.
If the nut can be easily divided with a knife or pierced with a toothpick, then it is suitable for adding to jam. The middle should be in a dense, but not jelly-like state.
Pregnant and lactating women
The category for which food choices must be carefully selected.
Walnut is one of the components in the diet of women expecting a baby. This was facilitated by the high content of Omega-3 and iodine in it, which women lack during pregnancy. However, you should not get involved in it for a number of reasons:
- due to the caloric content of the product, its excessive consumption can lead to an increase in the fetus and problems during childbirth,
- Proteins contained in the fetus may cause future allergies in the baby.
Peeled young walnuts jam
This recipe for making walnut jam is much simpler and more understandable than the classic one - you do not need to peel the nuts, and there is no need to soak the fruits in lime water. Try the jam according to this recipe, and you will see that everything ingenious is simple.
- Water - 500 gr.
- Young walnuts - 500 gr.
- Sugar - 500 gr.
- Take walnuts, which are at the stage of milk maturity. Such fruits have already formed a middle, but no shell. All the fruits must be thoroughly washed, cut off their "buttocks" and make many holes in them with a fork or awl.
- Next, you need to soak the fruits. To do this, they need to be placed in an enameled container with clean water for about 7-10 days, not forgetting to completely renew the water at least twice a day so that the fruits do not begin to sour. Of course, they must be kept in a cool place.
- With each new change of water, the fruits will become darker right before our eyes - this is normal, so the bitterness comes out of the fruits. Note that you will drain a rather dark liquid.
- When the due date for soaking the walnut fruits expires, it will be necessary to change the water in them for the last time and place the container with the future jam on the fire. Nuts should be boiled for three hours, after which they will become almost black and become incredibly soft.
- Next, it will be necessary to prepare sugar syrup. To do this, combine sugar and water and bring this mixture to a boil. When the syrup boils, put the fruits of nuts there and boil for 5-7 minutes. Then turn off the heat and leave the workpiece to cool for 12 hours.
- After the set time, repeat the cooking procedure and leave the jam to cool again. In total, it is necessary to carry out these manipulations 3-4 more times. After that, walnut jam can be considered ready.
- Distribute the finished hot nuts in jars, completely cover them with syrup and tightly tighten the lids. Keep this blank in a cellar or pantry, away from direct sunlight.
What is the use of such a dessert?
Compared with ripe nuts, unripe fruits contain much more vitamins (groups B, E, PP), volatile, tannins, and vegetable fats. All of them are stored in fruits after making jam, albeit in smaller quantities.
In folk medicine, nut jam has been used for a very long time, it effectively treats diseases such as:
- heart disease
- kidney and bladder diseases,
- gastrointestinal tract diseases.
In addition, it is recommended for:
- nerve congestion
- hard mental work
- sleep problems
- pressure surges,
- increased physical exertion,
- pregnancy (since jam contains the necessary amount of iodine),
- fast growth process of children.
Green Greek jam is a source of trace elements useful for the body
And for men, this jam is very useful: it favorably affects reproductive function.
But it is worth noting that for people with a stomach ulcer, diabetes and obesity, walnut jam is contraindicated.
How to prepare containers?
Ensure the preservation of blanks for a long time helps the proper preparation of containers. To sterilize cans at home, it is recommended to adhere to the following rules:
- The containers are thoroughly washed and checked for chips and other defects. You also need to inspect the condition of the covers - if they are twisting, then it is desirable that they be used for the first time.
- For sterilization, cans are placed upside down on a metal sieve mounted on a pot of water. Water will boil and steam over the cans from the inside. Sterilization takes about 15 minutes, after which you need to put the cans on a clean cloth without turning over.
- An alternative method of sterilization is annealing in the oven. Washed containers are put in the oven and turn on heating 160 degrees. Banks need to be heated until they are completely dry.
- The screw caps are boiled in water for 10-15 minutes immediately before use. In order not to burn yourself, you should get the covers with boiled tweezers.
- Using containers with glass lids and iron clamps, lids can be prepared together with cans, and seals should be kept in boiling water.
The use of this delicacy by children is recommended during a period of rapid growth or with rickets. The high glucose content in the jam helps students better cope with the school curriculum, improves concentration. This is one of the methods for the prevention of viral and colds in the winter.
Original Walnut Jam
Quite a laborious, but very interesting recipe for young walnut jam without the use of lime and alum. If you have time and some experience in preparing this delicacy, then you should definitely try this recipe.
- Young walnuts - 0.5 kg.
- Sugar - 500-700 gr.
- Drinking water - 0.5 tbsp.
- Cream of tartar
- Unripe walnut fruits dry in the sun for 3 days. Peel the nuts from the skin after the prescribed time using a sharp small knife.
- Next, it will be necessary to soak the fruits of the walnut for 5-7 minutes in cold clean water, into which it is necessary to add tartar. For the specified amount of water you need to take 1.5 grams of stone. This procedure must be carried out in order to preserve the color of the fruit.
- Remove the young soaked nuts from the water with tartar, then allow the excess liquid to drain from the fruit of the nut. Next, you need to carry out the process of fumigating the fruits of green walnut with sulfur.
- When you smoke young walnuts, pour clean drinking water into a suitable pot. There, place the tartar in proportions from the same calculation as the first time.
- Then you need to put the fruits of nuts in a metal colander and lower this design into a boiling mixture of water and tartar. Blanch nuts for about five or ten minutes, and then you will need to cool the workpiece.
- From water and sugar, prepare a syrup by dissolving sugar in water and bringing the mixture to a boil. Fruits of nuts will need to be laid out in boiling syrup. Turn off the heat and let the nuts brew in syrup for eight hours.
- When the time is up, you need to place a bowl of nuts in syrup on the stove and boil the fruits for one hour.
- Finished nuts should be evenly distributed over sterile jars and cover them with sugar syrup. Each jar must be tightly corked and left to cool completely at room temperature, after which it should be stored in a place protected from sunlight.
The benefits and harms of the product
Walnuts have many useful properties, so the consumption of goodies positively affects the state of the human body. The main beneficial properties include the following:
- Strengthening the immune system. The product contains particles of iron, zinc and cobalt, so nuts make up for the lack of vitamins, which is especially important in the autumn and spring.
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease. The presence of vitamins A and E favorably affects the functioning of organs and cleanses blood vessels from cholesterol and toxins.
- Improving the digestive system. Walnut kernels contain a protein of plant origin, which optimizes the functioning of the intestines and stomach, and also prevents the development of dysbiosis.
Faced with the harm of eating walnut jam is possible only with excessive use. The product is high in calories, so if you are prone to obesity, you need to correctly calculate the amount of product. Caution should also be exercised in chronic inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
When losing weight
As a rule, people with weight loss are shown foods that are low in calories and cut back on many foods that contain the body's beneficial nutrients. As a result of such diets, problems with digestion and a lack of vitamins and micro and macro elements often appear.
Walnut jam, thanks to its "rich" composition, helps the body to compensate for the lack of vitamins and minerals, to strengthen the physical condition. It will help with depression and depressing state.
When making jam, losing weight should replace sugar with a special sweetener, which can be used for heat treatment of products.
Ripe walnut and apple jam
Great simple jam, very tasty and rich. For such a jam, you need to take sweet ripe apples and high-quality nuts to make the taste absolutely perfect.
- Apples - 0.5 kg.
- Walnuts (kernels) - 50-70 gr.
- Lemon - ½ pcs.
- Water - 200 ml.
- Allspice - 5-6 pcs.
- Carnation in buds - 5-6 pcs.
- Cinnamon - ½ tsp
- Wash the apples you have selected to make the jam. Peel the fruits, and then cut them in half and remove the core and stalks.
- Cut the apples into small pieces of any size, then place them in a large enameled pan. Pour all the sugar into the container, add the required amount of water and do not forget to add the juice of half a lemon, always freshly squeezed.
- Place a bowl of apples on the stove, put a gauze bag with cloves and pepper inside, turn on a moderate heat, bringing the apples and sugar to a boil. After the mixture boils, boil it for fifteen minutes, regularly stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Remove the foam formed on the surface of the jam and remove the bag of pepper and cloves from it. Next, you need to chop the nuts to a fine crumb with a blender, coffee grinder, mortar or any other device convenient for you. Add the crushed nuts in a container with apple jam and continue to cook it for another fifteen minutes, not forgetting to mix.
- About five minutes before the end of cooking, add ground cinnamon to the jam and stir well. When the jam is completely ready and boiled to the desired consistency, distribute it in sterile jars of optimal size and tightly close with sterile screw caps. After the workpiece has completely cooled down, that is, 12-18 hours, put the product into storage in a specially designated place. Bon Appetit!
You must have tried prunes, and maybe you like to use it for various dishes. So, walnut jam, prepared according to the classic recipe, is very reminiscent of good dried plums, both in taste and in appearance.
Walnut jam in appearance reminds prunes
It will take you a lot of time. And besides it you will need:
- 4 kg green nuts,
- 2 l of water
- 2.5 kg of granulated sugar,
- 10 clove buds,
- 1 pinch of citric acid
- for soaking nuts - slaked lime at the rate of 100 g per 1 liter of water.
Be sure to weigh the nuts: depending on their weight, you will have to adjust the amount of the remaining ingredients.
- Rinse the nuts and put in a deep bowl or basin. Fill completely with water. At least every 6 hours, the water needs to be changed, and so - within 6-7 days. If you doubt that the nuts are already a little closer to ripening, keep them in the water for a week. But do not forget that you also need to change the water 4 times a day! Do not worry that the liquid takes on a greenish color: this peel of nuts gives off excess juice.
Rinse unripe nuts with cold water and soak for a long time
Prepare a solution of slaked lime
Soak the nuts in a lime solution for 24 hours.
Cut large nuts in half, small - prick with a fork
Blanch nuts in boiling water
Cook the nuts again and cool them.
After the nuts have darkened significantly, you can start making jam
Make sugar syrup and add spices to it
Boil nuts in syrup several times
Green walnut jam can be stored under the covers for a year in a cool room, or you can eat immediately.
Norms of use
Walnut is an allergic product. Therefore, the first time a delicacy should be tried with caution, especially for people prone to allergic reactions and small children.
Since this is jam from unripe fruits that we don’t eat, the body’s reaction is also unpredictable. Even despite the fact that the fetus is very useful in its composition, it is not worth abusing it, since an overdose of components in the body is possible. For the result, it is recommended to eat several tablespoons per day. Pregnant and lactating women - 1-2 tsp.
Armenians are big lovers of walnut desserts, including jam. A feature of this recipe is the use of alum. In addition, it is necessary to peel the nuts from the peel in approximately the same way as potatoes. Do this only with gloves: it is very difficult to wash your hands from nut juice.
- 100 pcs young walnuts,
- 3 kg of sugar
- 1.5 liters of water
- 10 clove buds,
- 10 g of cinnamon
- 5 fruits of cardamom,
- 0.5 kg of slaked lime,
- 75 g alum.
You can start making jam.
- Peel the shell from each nut. Put the fruits in a deep bowl.
Peel nuts like potatoes
Fill the nuts with water for 6 days
Rinse nuts thoroughly after draining.
Prepare a mortar, let it settle
Soak the nuts in a mortar
Chop each nut with a fork
Dissolve alum in water and bring to a boil
Boil nuts in alum water
Drain nuts from the sieve
Leave the nuts to cool in cold water.
Prepare a gauze bag with spices
Cook sugar syrup
Boil nuts and spices in sugar syrup
That's all. Now the finished jam can be laid out in jars and rolled up. Or serve, having cooled beforehand.
Selection and preparation of walnuts for jam
The best time to collect young walnuts is the end of May - beginning of June. The peel should not be hard. This can be checked with a regular toothpick, which should easily pierce an unripe shell. Keep the nut free from damage and various dark spots. This may affect its beneficial properties.
Remember! Collect fruits with gloves, as they leave dark spots on your hands that cannot be washed off for a long time.
To make the jam tasty and not lose its healing properties, you should pay attention to the dishes in which it will be cooked. It is recommended to choose a saucepan from a stainless steel with a thick bottom, enameled dishes are slightly worse. Aluminum and copper basins are unsuitable for the preparation of this type of jam, since during heat treatment in such dishes, vitamin C is destroyed, and aluminum deteriorates under the influence of acids. Stir well with a wooden or glass spoon. In general, the process of preparing the fruit for cooking is quite long, but it is necessary that all bitterness comes out of the kernel. For this, the nut is pierced in several places and immersed in cold water, periodically poured and replaced with a new one.
If the presence of the lime still confuses you, we offer a method of preparation without using this tool. It is easily replaced by the usual and often used in cooking soda.
So, take these products:
- 100 pcs walnuts,
- 250 g soda
- 1 lemon
- 2 kg of sugar
- 4 glasses of water.
Cut off the peel from the nuts, be sure to wear gloves, and proceed to cooking.
- Put the nuts in a deep pot and fill with water. There is a small secret: in order to ensure that the fruits are soaked faster than usual, it is better to take the water not cold, but warm, about 35–40 C. Put the pan for 2 days in a quieter place and keep there, visiting every 6 hours to change the water to fresh .
Soak prepared walnuts in warm water
Drain the water, cover the nuts with soda and leave for 12-15 hours
Pour the nuts with water for another 2 days
This jam goes well with creme brulee ice cream: in tandem, you get the taste of Coca-Cola. And by the way, this method is the fastest. Unlike the previous ones, this jam will take you only 5 days.
Several options for soaking
- In water with lime - nuts are poured with cool water so that it covers them 3 cm from above. Then the lime is mixed with a given amount of water in a separate bowl based on 1 liter of water - 100 grams of lime. This solution is well mixed and left for 12 hours. After this, it is necessary to strain, pour nuts on them and let it brew for 12 hours with periodic stirring,
- In citric acid - 2 liters of water will require a tablespoon of citric acid. The resulting solution is poured into nuts and left for 24 hours. The next step is to cook the fruits in the same water for no more than 15 minutes, and leave for another day,
- In cloves, add dried cloves in cold water with nuts and let it brew for at least 4 days, changing the water several times a day. After that, the fruits are boiled for 4 hours and washed from the solution.
Italian recipe with chocolate
Sunny Italy has its own tradition of desserts. Italians are big lovers of sweets; they often add additional ingredients to a familiar dish to make it original. Milk-green walnuts jam is very popular in this country, and we are sure that you will like its chocolate version.
- 1 kg of nuts (already boiled),
- 1 kg of granulated sugar
- 300 g of water
- 100 g of cocoa powder.
Take only those nuts for jam that are easily and effortlessly pierced through with a toothpick. Sort all spoiled fruits right away.
- Cut each nut from two ends. This is necessary so that the fruits as quickly as possible give the bitter juice contained in them, while in the water.
Cut nuts on both sides and fill with water
Do not forget to replace water regularly
Sort nuts by size
After processing, nuts must maintain integrity
Cook nuts in sugar syrup, gradually adding cocoa and your favorite spices, such as cinnamon
Walnut chocolate jam can be not only a separate dessert. Its syrup is great as a sauce for cakes, pastries and ice cream.
Last year they made such jam. Without cleaning the peel, nothing happened, it can be digested, because the peel fell off during the cooking process and the jam came out sour and not tasty. But with a peeled peel, it turned out well! Ruby syrup, taste great. And no lime and any cardamom there, etc. Purely sugar syrup and all.
I collect nuts for jam until June 20. On the cut, the nut is soft, as if milky, and most importantly - the shell is not yet formed. Whoever has the opportunity, follow the development of nuts every two weeks, (I mean: pick - cut) you will know when to collect the jam.
They soak the nuts in cold water ... I didn’t do it according to this recipe. Peel Green Nuts? This is the most delicious jam. I just cut the nut on both sides, pierce it with a stick (it is specially sharpened for me, the toothpick breaks) and soak it for 10 days in cold water, changing the water 3-4 times a day, and then cook the jam. It is very troublesome, but worth it. Nut jam in our family is my favorite.
Jam is tasty and healthy, I cook every year, it helps with colds and is good for those who have a problem with the brush.
Summer is a great time to experiment, so why not try new dishes that you have never cooked before? We hope our recipes will help you make new culinary feats.
Or maybe you have experience in cooking it? Share it with our readers in the comments. Bon Appetit!
Here, an additional ingredient is citric acid.
- In 1.5 l of water add a teaspoon of citric acid, boil, turn off.
- Dip soaked walnuts into the resulting solution for 5 minutes. Then get the fruits and immerse them in cool water.
- Perform these steps 5 times, each time immersed in a hot solution.
- Add citric acid to the sugar and water syrup and add nuts to it. Boil for about 15 minutes.
Walnut Chocolate Jam
In addition to classic products, it includes cocoa and some spices.
- To begin, boil the unripe fruit for 1.5-2 hours.It is important to ensure that the nut does not lose its shape and is not limp.
- Next, in the prepared syrup (water plus sugar), spread the nuts and cook over low heat.
- About 1.5 hours before the end of jam preparation, add cocoa to the resulting mixture (up to 100 g., Dilute with a small amount of syrup in a separate container, then pour into a common basin) and one of the spices: cinnamon, ginger, clove vanilla and others
The jam is supplemented with lemon (an additional source of vitamin C) and spices: vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom.
- Boil the soaked nuts for 10 minutes, cool.
- Make a syrup (sugar and water), combine with nuts and boil over low heat for another half hour.
- In the resulting mixture add lemon juice (lemon slices can be) and 1 teaspoon of each spice. Cook for another 30 minutes.
Peanuts are usually used as a fruit supplement when making jam. So, with a combination of cherries and peanuts it resembles the taste of chocolate.
When making jam with young walnuts and peanuts, this ingredient is added during the cooking process and gives out all the unforgettable taste sensations.