Almost every parent of a toddler thinks whether it is worth fearing delays in the speech development of the baby and whether they always indicate serious illnesses. What to do if the baby does not manage to add words or does not want to talk, how to teach the child to speak - the article is devoted to these urgent parenting problems ..
Stages of becoming speech
Many parents, keen on early development, are interested in how to quickly teach their child how to talk. Sometimes at the same time forgetting - the process of speech development is individual. No need to strictly navigate the framework established by pediatricians and neurologists. But if the child is significantly behind peers, it is not worth running the situation either.
Stages of becoming speech:
- About three months begins the period of walk. The kid drawls vowels.
- After six months, babble begins. The combination of sounds becomes more complex, somewhat reminiscent of individual syllables.
- After nine months, babble becomes more complex, combines several syllables.
- In a year and a half, many babies say the first simplest words (mom, dad). But their language remains autonomous other than that of an adult. Vocabulary can be up to 10-12 full words. Moreover, the words themselves can have several meanings. The context will depend on the environment, the emotions of the baby.
- After a year and a half, the vocabulary of the baby increases. There should be at least 30 words in the active dictionary. The child names the objects by pointing to them. Speech is still autonomous. Some children build the first short sentences of two, three words.
- After two years, the child must actively switch to "adult" speech, although elements of autonomy may remain. Parents need to help the baby get rid of them. Most children are able to make sentences of four, six words.
- After three years, vocabulary increases significantly. Children easily remember verses of a song. They are able to use the concepts of “now”, “near”, names of feelings and emotions in speech.
Neurologists note that over the past 5-7 years, the number of children with delayed speech development in one form or another has been increasing. Therefore, the basic knowledge of how to develop a child’s speech should be with each parent.
Why it is important not to miss the moment
Children acquire linguistic skills much earlier than many parents suspect. A month before the birth of the child, the child can already distinguish Language development starts in the womb different languages in rhythm. And the fundamental knowledge about the structure, melody and intonations of native speech is laid by Babies remember their birth language - scientists in the first months of life.
Talking with your baby, you do not just shake the air, but build the foundation for his success in the future. Children, with whom parents spoke little, by the age of two, may be behind Talking to babies boosts their brain power, studies show by about six months in development. The more words a kid hears The Power of Talking to Your Baby in the first three years of life, the higher his IQ and the chances of good grades at school.
Conclusion: talk with your child as often as possible, even if he is not yet able to answer. Actively engage in his language education, taking into account age-related features. And remember: the Internet, YouTube videos, and even scientific television programs cannot replace human communication.
How to stimulate the development of speech
Most experts believe that even without classes using special expensive techniques, visiting centers for early development, you can "talk" to the baby. The basis for the successful development of the child is a calm and friendly atmosphere at home.
An equally important point is communication with the baby. You can just say everything that you are doing now or are going to do it, referring to it. It is important that he sees your articulation. In conditions of social isolation in the decree, learning to constantly, to communicate with a child is not difficult for a woman.
To make the child speak faster, experts recommend doing facial massage and articulation gymnastics.
What is a facial massage:
- Stroking movements in the area of eyebrows, nasolabial folds, the area around the lips. You can combine it with the tricks. Children closer to two years old can be taught independently, to fulfill it.
- The next step will be light pats in the same areas.
Exercises allow you to quickly develop the speech apparatus. With young children from a year and a half, the simplest of them are performed. It is especially important to start classes when children begin to speak the first words.
Here are some simple exercises:
- Balloon. It is necessary that the child puffed out his cheeks, depicting a ball. And then he slowly blew them away, as if letting air out of him.
- Smile Together with the child we smile, stretching our lips for 2-3 seconds. Then we add them the same amount of time with a tube.
- Rotik. It is necessary to stroke the lips with the tongue, first counterclockwise, then along it.
- Tongue. Tongue reach the upper lip, then to the lower. Then to the corners of the mouth.
Exercises should be performed with the child standing in front of the mirror. Accompany them with funny tricks. So the kid will be more interesting to do them.
With children from two years of age, the lesson must be completed by pronouncing vowels. Start with a jerky "a", then with a long "aaaaaaaa." Then, according to the same scheme, the rest of the vowel sounds are condemned or chanted.
The development of fine motor skills stimulates speech centers. Finger games will be useful for early speech.
Thus, you can entertain your baby from the age of six months. Stroking your palms and fingers should be gentle, perform them better with warm hands. Children are very fond of rhymes and an affectionate voice, so you do not have to force them to do it.
With children from three years old they play more emotionally. Expressive facial expressions and emotions in the voice interest and encourage babies.
You can start with the simplest game "Forty". You can tell a poem about the brothers-fingers to bend each of them.
For older children, you can play Spider:
And the kids followed him - (the child runs the fingers of one hand from the wrist to the shoulder of the other)
A rain from the sky suddenly poured, a spider washed away to the ground (shake with both hands depicting rain).
Neurologists and psychologists advise, in order to talk the child, to respond as little as possible to his gestures and requests in the form of lowing. It is worth noting that this is true for children from one and a half, two years and older.
When parents respond to gestures and slurred speech, the child lacks a similar way of communication. He has no need to switch to "adult" speech.
But when he faced difficulties, the speech centers of the brain begin to work more actively. Therefore, many "not speaking" children begin to actively talk, visiting the kindergarten.
We actively read and listen to fairy tales.
Kids love vivid pictures. Therefore, reading books carries them away. While the child looks at the picture and listens to rhymes or mini-tales, he remembers new words.
If you cannot read books with your baby for hours, turn on audio tales for him. Constantly sounding speech will be an incentive for the development of the child's speech centers.
Music is another helper
Play classic music for your baby; it stimulates brain development. Many experts recommend Mozart. His works by children are perceived more easily.
When the child begins to say the first words, you can include the simplest children's songs and try to sing them with him. This not only stimulates the ear for music, but also speech.
Speech development stages
These stages are very arbitrary, because each child is individual and even in the same family different children at different times can start talking. But still there are certain guidelines that you should know.
- At 9-10 months, the child may have the first syllables and words (mom, dad)
- In 1 year, according to the norms, the child should have about 10 simple words in the vocabulary (mom, dad, woman, bang, give, av, mu, na, etc.). I know that now few children annually say at least something. These words may appear 3-5 months later.
- At 1 year and 8 months, the child can already know about 40 words, he can say a simple phrase of two words (give the BBC, Baba Am, give mother, etc.).
- At 2 years old, the child can already speak about 100 words (up to 300 words).
- At 2.6 years, the baby can speak simple sentences.
- At 3 years old, the child should already talk, know up to 1000 words. At 3 years, the child can tell where he was, what he did, what he saw. In general, he is already becoming a full-fledged interlocutor.
I advise you to have a dictionary in which you will write down all the words that the child says. So you can track the dynamics and new words.
If the child does not speak at age 3, you should definitely consult the doctors about whom I wrote above. Do not expect him to speak, do not waste time. Then it will be much more difficult to develop his speech. If the child is lagging behind in development, the neurologist after the examination will prescribe medications that must be taken and not refused.
Do not encourage babble and autonomous speech
It is a mistake to talk with a child and communicate with him in his “bird” language. It is important for babies to see normal articulation and hear normal adult speech.
Let your baby call the BBC machine, but you should say the machine, and not Bibika and other derivatives of the syllables pronounced by the child.
Some psychologists believe that lisp and imitation of baby talk are appropriate for up to six, eight months.
1. You need to talk with the child
The first and very important point in this matter is that you need to talk as much as possible with the child. Children love to copy adults, therefore, if parents communicate with the child a lot, then the child will try to speak as soon as possible. Wherever you are with the child, show him different objects and say what it is called. It is necessary to form a good vocabulary in the child.
Talk with the baby you need to start before his birth. After 6 months of pregnancy, the baby hears well enough and can distinguish familiar voices. Therefore, no matter how strange it may seem, you need to communicate with him already at this stage. Sing songs to him, tell us what you are doing now. When the baby is born, you need to continue to communicate with him.
You should always be in “radio mode”. Speak about yourself constantly so that the child correlates words with actions. For example, “mom cook to eat,” “mom vacuums,” “mom washes dishes,” etc. If possible, say that the child sees your articulation, turn to face him. Also on a walk, talk about the world around us, say what color and shape.
In the modern world, the number of autism diseases has increased very much, when a child is completely immersed in his inner world, is not interested in its social component, does not want to communicate, make friends, make contact with other people. There are many reasons for this, but one of them is that we began to communicate less with each other. Gadgets flooded the world, adults spend more and more time online, less and less communicating with their children.
When a baby is still an infant, many people buy a baby monitor that partially replaces their mother. Because of this, the mother is less likely to approach the baby, touches it less, speaks less. When a child gets older, they include cartoons with food, which also does not contribute to live communication. Therefore, if you want the baby to speak early, start talking to him before birth!
Expand your active and passive vocabulary
For the normal development of speech, it is important not only to stimulate the child to pronounce new words. But also replenish his passive dictionary. That is, words of meaning that he knows, but so far can not pronounce.
To do this, try to call the baby the things around him as often as possible. And for classes, use not only picture books, but also household items. He will better remember what he saw live.
You can teach your child to speak at 1.5 by expanding his active vocabulary. Ask your child to repeat simple words after you (cat, house, etc.). Remember that repetition and regularity of lessons is the key to success.
2. Children need to read books and sing songs
Reading books is a must in the development of the child. When a child reads a fairy tale or poetry, he hears new words that parents do not use in everyday speech. If the child does not understand the word, explain its meaning. Take books with large and bright pictures that will warm up the interest of the baby. If you read poetry to children from an early age, memory will develop. And very soon, your baby will recite these texts to you.
The memory of children under three years old is capable of much. For example, I bought my daughter a big book with cardboard pages a year - the alphabet in verses. On each page a letter, a verse and a picture were drawn. We read these verses, she pointed with a finger at a capital letter, I called her. She also told who was painted and what she was doing. At the age of one and a half years, she still spoke poorly, but she knew the letters, knew how to show them all in the alphabet. At the age of two, she had already read Moydodyr by heart - this is her favorite fairy tale at that time.
So reading books develops a child very well. At a younger age, they are more fond of poetic works - short poems or fairy tales in poems, like Chukovsky’s. Find 10 minutes a day to read to your child, at least before bedtime.
In addition to books, music very well helps the child in his development. Melodious sounds will help you master the speech faster. Therefore, sing to the child songs in which you can make out the words well. Or play him baby music. The main thing is that the songs are in Russian and the words are clearly pronounced.
3. You can’t talk with children
Lisp is a big problem for adults. Seeing a small child, they begin an attack of tenderness or something else there. And begins “musi-pusi, uti-paths," etc. Adults deliberately distort their speech, speaking in a "children's" language. And the child, as already mentioned, copies the behavior of adults. So do not be surprised that the child will not speak a normal language, but will "carry nonsense."
Children with whom they talk a lot, talk badly, more often then they have to be led to a speech therapist to make sounds. Pediatricians are allowed to talk with the child in such a touching manner for a maximum of 6 months. After that, you should always talk normally, clearly, correctly pronounce the words, showing an example. And do not allow others to lisp with your child.
Call a spade a spade, clearly pronounce words. For example, call other children “boy” and “girl” rather than “lala”. Very often I hear how children already at the age of 4 call other children Lyalya. And all because parents say so.
4. Sometimes children need to “not understand”
In order for the child to speak, it is necessary to create a need for him in speech. Young children are used to gesturing what they want. And parents are happy to fulfill all their wishes. But sometimes try not to understand what the child wants. For example, he pokes a finger on a cup or shows with his mouth that he is thirsty. Do not give him water immediately, but ask: “What do you want? Say, drink! ”
It's difficult to start talking to a child, because there is a certain barrier. Just as it is difficult for adults to speak a foreign language in a foreign country, you need to overcome the language barrier. And the child is easier to show. So create situations in which the child must say what he wants. There is a technique for introducing a new word into the everyday life of a child.Using this technique, the desired word must be pronounced to an adult at least 50 times a day.
You want the child to start saying “give”, ask him to say that word. And yourself clearly repeat it several times. If you want the child to begin to speak a word denoting an object, try to “stumble” on this object and voice it as often as possible. If the child managed to utter a word, be sure to praise it, kiss. Let him see that this is very important for you. Sincerely rejoice in the success of your child.
What does the child learn?
- Recognize sounds and associate them with certain lip movements. Barely born, the baby already knows how to recognize the mother’s voice. The child begins to listen to the surrounding ocean of unfamiliar sounds and learns to make sense out of it.
- To walk and to hear. Various combinations of the vowels "a", "y", "s" and the consonants "g" and "m" are the first things parents hear from the baby, except for crying, screaming and grunting. Usually babies are drawn to conversations when they are full and happy with life. Agucaya, babies, among other things, develop facial muscles that will later help them reproduce more complex sounds.
How can you help
- Sing, tell the nursery rhymes and sayings. And you can even before birth: the baby begins to hear already at the 16th week of fetal development. So it will be easier for a new person to understand the rhythm of the language.
- Speak softly and melodiously. Adults intuitively communicate with the baby in a more subtle and melodic voice, stretching the vowels. And it is right. Various studies show that this is the style that attracts Why your baby prefers infant-directed speech in infants, helps them learn the language and develop social skills.
- Provide silence. Kids need time to play with their voice and not be distracted by the sound of the TV, music and other noises.
The development of fine motor skills is directly related to the part of the brain that is responsible for speech. The child needs to be given various tasks for fine motor skills. One such game is lacing. There are many options for various laces on sale. There is an apple into which a “worm” crawls — a needle, there are girls or animals that need to be “sewn” on clothes, etc.
Lacing can be done at home from improvised means. To do this, you need colored cardboard, multi-colored laces, a hole punch. Punch a few holes in the cardboard. Show the child how to draw the shoelaces through the hole. First you can make just a couple of holes, and gradually complicate the task and make holes in the form of any simple pattern. Help the kid embroider this picture with shoelaces. The child will really like that he himself was able to make such a beauty.
Also play other games where you need to do small work with your fingers. For example, while you are cooking dinner, mix white and red beans in a bowl. Let the kid do sorting. You can also hide small toys in a bowl with grits, and the child must find them. Finds a toy, and you ask: what is it? If the child cannot answer, speak for yourself, and then ask the child to repeat.
While bathing, give the child two cups, let him pour water.
Also a very good occupation is stringing beads. For very little ones, these can be large parts with large holes. In two years, you can already give small beads to string on a fishing line. You just need to watch so that the child does not pull small details into the mouth and nose.
The child should have educational toys: sorters, designers, pyramids, cubes, puzzles.
Charge for tongue
Are you doing exercises with the children? The tongue also needs a warm-up. Articulating gymnastics will prepare the child for speech skills. Classes at a speech therapist always begin with a warm-up of the tongue. There are many different exercises, but not all of them are for children under 3 years old. With kids, you can perform simple exercises for this poem:
First you say the first line and show what the tongue does. The child repeats after you. And so on, do all the charging. Children are very fond of ape. You will have fun and usefully. Such poetic workouts are always relevant. At least for ordinary gymnastics, at least for articulation.
When to worry
If after three months the baby is still not walking, it makes sense to consult a pediatrician, neurologist and ENT specialist.
How to teach a child to speak from 3 to 6 months
What does the child learn?
- Respond to your name. By six months, most babies know what their name is. In addition, they respond to some familiar words like “mom” and “dad”.
- Recognize intonation. The kid sensitively reacts to how he is addressed, - smiles in response to a gentle voice and can cry when he hears a rude tone.
- Imitate adult speech. The baby takes on the tone, rhythm and pace of the speech he hears.
- Build more complex chains of sounds. This is no longer a monosyllabic walk, but vowels, which speech therapists call the flute.
How can you help
- Play "Who is this?" Bring the baby to the mirror and ask: “Who is this?” And then say the name of the child.
- Learn the art of talking with children. In English, there is the concept of baby talk - a conversation focused on babies. In Russian, we often call this process pissing, thereby diminishing its significance. Meanwhile, playing along with the baby, you help him learn the language faster. In the future, it will be easier for the child to learn more complex words. Here are some baby talk tricks:
- Imitation of the child: adults do not pronounce certain sounds.
- Replacing pronouns with nouns. We ask: “Anya wants to walk?” Instead of “Do you want to walk?”.
- Simplification of words and constructions to “wawa”, “dude” and “Fu, what!”
- The use of singing intonations and diminutive suffixes.
When to worry
At six months, the baby does not laugh, does not pay attention to new sounds.
Simulation of animal sounds and objects
Usually one of the first words of children is an imitation of animal sounds. If your baby does not say anything yet, then this game will be very handy. Print different pictures or just grab a book with large drawings. Show the child, for example, a cow and ask: "How does the cow say?" Do not answer immediately, do not extinguish the child’s desire to speak, let him think. If the child still finds it difficult to answer, say “moo-o-o-o”. And he will repeat it whenever possible.
When you speak to the child, look into his eyes. He must see HOW you speak.
Thus, it is possible to show not only animals, but also various objects. For example, what does a drum sound like? Or what sound does a machine make, a fly, how does water drip? Onomatopoeia is an important stage in the formation of speech.
Pieces of paper
As I said, you need to develop fine motor skills of the fingers. One option is to teach the child to tear paper into small pieces. To make the process even more interesting, draw a simple picture (house, tree, sun, dog, etc.) on a white sheet. Colored paper will need to “colorize” this pattern. That is, stick yellow paper into small pieces and glue it to the sun, blue pieces to the cloud, etc. For kids, it’s better to buy glue stick, it’s more convenient to use - smeared a picture on a white sheet and attach small colored pieces of paper to it.
If the child is small and he does not manage to tear the paper into small pieces, show how to hold the sheet, what movements to tear off. Gluing small parts also requires certain skills, you need to take this little piece of paper with your finger and stick it to the right place. Children are very fond of such applications, this is a fascinating creative process and another reason to talk with mom, as well as learn new colors.
Here, and so everything is clear. Drawing helps the child learn to coordinate their movements. Teach the child to correctly hold a pencil in his hand, at 2 years old the child can already do this. Buy a child stencils for drawing, so he will quickly get acquainted with various forms, animals, etc. Moreover, contour drawing is a very good developing activity.
For kids, buy soft plasticine, from which it is very easy to mold any figure. Teach your child to roll a ball, sausage, sculpt a cube. And from these details it is already possible to fashion a little man or little animal.
All the kids love to mold cakes in the sand. And you must do this. In winter, you can buy kinetic sand for the home. From it it is easy to mold any figures with the help of molds. This sand can be colored and it is pleasant to the touch.
The simplest charge for fingers is the famous “Magpie-crow”, which cooked porridge and fed the children. You can also use other verses, performing various movements with your fingers. The child looks at you and tries to repeat. If he is unable to fold his fingers properly, help him.
Print several photos of the child at different points in his life: how he is, how he sleeps, how he plays, how he walks. You can also include photographs of mom and dad in this album for some activity. View these photos and comment: Anya is eating, Anya is playing, mom is brushing her teeth, dad is reading a book, etc. When the child learns to talk about his loved ones, it will be easier for him to go on to tell the story of the actions of other people (an aunt holds a dog, an uncle runs).
Game "Ray of Light"
This game will teach your child to imitate the sounds of animals and learn their names. Find some animal figures and place them in the room in the evening. Call the child and say that our little animals are lost, they need to be found. Turn off the lights and say: now it’s dark, we need a flashlight. Take a flashlight and look for “lost” animals with it. When a ray of light stumbles upon an animal, ask who we found (sheep me-me). And so look for all the animals. Children love games in the dark with flashlights. And in a good mood, it’s easier to learn.
Play with your children, chat, read books, talk about the world. Do not think that the child is still small and does not understand anything. He accumulates information and remembers. If the article was interesting, share it with your friends on social networks. And write in the comments how you develop your children. Also read the article: “How to teach a child to read,” a little later this knowledge will come in handy.
How to teach a child to talk?
The kid is already walking, but has not yet learned to talk. This question is very worrying for parents. But it is important to remember that each child is an individual and if there is no developmental delay, then you just need to be patient.
A small child can be compared with a voice recorder and copyright. He writes and copies everything for his parents. Tiny as a blank sheet. He listens to mom and dad, remembers the sounds and syllables from them, and he tries to repeat it by placing the tongue in different positions.
And it turns out that it turns out. First he works out the sound, then he tries to combine it into a word. It takes time and training.
And how can mom and dad help in this situation? In order for the kid to speak quickly, you need to have a conversation with him. She must be at ease. Doing the usual things, walking in the fresh air, playing with the baby, parents should have a dialogue with the baby.
Speech therapists distinguish two types of speech development: passive and active. Passive means understanding the language, and active means speaking. Passive is formed in the baby much faster.
Starting from 10-12 months of age, the baby understands what is at stake. He knows the name of objects, but he still cannot say. Repeats individual syllables, say av-av, ko-ko, yes, ma, pa.
The children are all different, but most of them do not talk until the age of two. This is normal, the main thing is not to panic. They understand everything and will definitely speak.
Then the baby will tell everything that he has accumulated over all these two years. This moment will come unexpectedly. And already at the age of three, a child in development will be at the level of his peers or will even surpass them.
It is important to remember the moment of awareness. That is, when the child simply repeats the words after the parents, and when he already consciously calls them. Therefore, the child also needs to show what is at stake.
For example, playing toys with a baby, telling him what kind of toy it is, showing how to play it, you can come up with a story and make a kind of puppet theater. The main thing is to talk with the child, perceive him as an adult.
Speech development stages
There are five stages:
- Walking. At about two to three months old, the baby is trying to make sounds.
- Distinct walk. From the fifth to the seventh month, sounds become more or less intelligible.
- Pronunciation of short words. At seven to nine months, the baby spells out short words: mom, dad, woman.
- Meaningful pronunciation of words. After the ninth month, the baby puts meaning into the syllables pronounced by him.
- Vocabulary. After a year, the child must pronounce up to 10 words. He quickly remembers and learns.
Speech Development Techniques
- Talk mom is a child. Mom spends a lot of time with the baby. Tactile and verbal conversation is important to him. It is necessary to hum the baby so that he sees the face and articulation of mom.
- Comment on your actions. Tell your baby about everything you do.
- Talk with your child so that he sees your face and your articulation.
- At the age of 1.5 - 2 years, the mother should conduct a conversation with the baby in the usual rhythm and tone. Only when it comes to new words, is special attention determined by articulation and stress.
- Do not replace complex words with simple ones. Call a spade a spade.
- Do not forget about the verbs.
- Use a contrast. For example: a bird flies - a dog runs
- Read poems, nursery rhymes, fairy tales from the smallest.
- Play with words, syllables, sounds.
- It is important to improve the development of fine motor skills of the hands. Let the baby play with cereals, pasta, dough. Children with well-developed fine motor skills know how to reason logically, they are attentive, they begin to talk and write faster.
The child does not speak in two years. Causes. How can you learn to talk?
The kid is two years old, but he doesn’t want to talk? Why does this happen? How can he be taught this? These questions concern young parents.
Specialists who study the main reasons for the intransigence of babies will help to understand:
- Heredity. If the crumbs parents were in no hurry to talk
- Laziness. The kid is lazy, and parents still indulge him in this
- The accumulation of information. The child accumulates for a long time, and then speaks in phrases.
There are also physiological abnormalities: birth injuries, past illnesses, lack of hearing.
You can teach a child to speak, the main thing is not to despair and to engage with a child regularly. Create a favorable language environment in the house, encourage the baby to the language. First of all, we take pictures on any subject - fruits, vegetables, animals, cars, planets, etc.
Or books with a lot of illustrations. We hang on the walls, cabinets, refrigerator, at the level of children's eyes. At the same time, discuss with the crumbs what is shown in the picture.
First explain to the baby by naming the image, bringing it as close to your face as possible. Young children read lips. It is important that the baby read what you told him.
Pictures need to be changed every week. The game must be fun, bring the baby a good mood. If the child is not interested, nothing will come of it.
Speech therapy exercises for the development of speaking skills
Professor Pavlov proved a direct dependence on the use of muscle sensations that go from the linguistic organ to the cerebral cortex. In simple words - fine motor skills favorably influence and stimulate the development of speech.
Preparatory exercises for the development of both physical and speedy ability to speak:
- Fun with different types of cereals: pouring, sifting, searching for toys in the cereal, painting on semolina, etc.
- Modeling from plasticine or special dough
- Drawing with finger paints and brushes
- Games with fingers: special dolls on fingers, musical songs - dramatizations E. Zheleznova "Tyuk-tyuk cam", finger games in the form of poems "Lessons of a speech therapist" Kosinova E. M.
- Reading of books. To start the nursery rhymes. You can read Barto's "Toys". Then go to the tales: Kolobok, Turnip, Teremok, Magpie Belobok and others. The main task is active reading, conversation between mom and baby.
- Games with toys during which to talk with the child and encourage him
- You can talk and describe daily homework
- Watch cartoons, listen to music, sing funny songs for crumbs
- It is useful to play the baby in the sandbox, communicate with peers.
How to teach a child to speak the letter P: speech therapy exercises
For children, the sound "p" is the most difficult pronunciation. Most parents are concerned about the question of how to teach the baby to say the letter "P".
According to defectologists, the favorable age for the assimilation of the sound “p” is five to six years. It is at this age that the intervention of a specialist can help the child speak correctly.
Although the foundation must be laid from the smallest. For this, a set of exercises in a playful form was developed for the smallest:
- Learn with your child several tongue twisters that train the sound "p" or make your own together with the child
- Ask the baby to imitate the sounds of animals, such as a tiger
- Exercise "kitty" is loved by many children. Pour milk into a bowl and ask the baby to drink it, as a cat does
How to teach a child to speak the letter Ш
Another “problem” sound among children is “Sh.” It is important to start training as early as possible so as not to miss the moment and adjust the pronunciation on time. We start with articulation gymnastics.
- "At the dentist." The child opens the mouth as wide as possible, and fixes the position for 15 seconds. Repeat 10 times. Exercise strengthens the lower jaw.
- "Fence". We smile, put the upper jaw on the lower. We fix for 20 seconds, we try to relax the muscles of the face.
- "Smile". Having closed our teeth, we try to stretch our lips in a smile for 5-10 seconds, repeat 10 times.
- "Proboscis". Lips are pulled into the tube as far as possible. Repeat 10-15 times
After the warm-up, we proceed to the language study:
- "The horse." We press our tongue to the sky and click, imitating a horse.
- "Clock." Turning left - right, repeat "Tick-Tack"
- "Zhabka" We make movements of the tongue forward - backward.
- Create your own word game with hissing sounds.
- Communicate with the baby without "syusyukan" with competent pronunciation.
How to teach a child to speak the letter L
The violation of the pronunciation of the sound "L" in defectology is called Lambdacism. Very often, children do not pronounce this letter, because they do not hear it in the word. To teach a child to pronounce the letter “L”, you need to show him the words where it occurs and it is desirable to show illustrations.
Align the language pronunciation of nursery rhymes and tongue twisters. And we start the warm-up with speech therapy exercises:
- "Painter". With the tip of the tongue, we gently and accurately enter the upper palate, as if we were working with a painter’s brush.
- "What is hiding under the tablecloth." We take five items in the designation of which is the letter "L". Let the child by touch guess the name of the thing.
At what age do you start to teach your child to talk
You need to start almost from the first days of the baby's life. The more often parents will communicate with the child, turn to him, talk about what is happening around, the more saturated will be the vocabulary of the crumbs.
A person is structured so that when he hears the words, the muscles of the linguistic apparatus reflexively contract, as if inaudibly repeating what he heard.
Thus, listening to adults, the baby begins to gradually strain the vocal cords, move his tongue, lips - all his linguistic muscles begin to work.
Discuss and ask questions
This rule is more suitable for children aged 1 year 9 months and older. The need to answer a question stimulates speech centers.
With children from a year it is necessary to discuss the pictures, discuss what is depicted on them. Tell the baby what exactly is drawn, encourage him to show any object.
Stimulate fine motor skills
Let the child play with cereals (buckwheat, rice, millet). Let his hand have objects with different textures - wood, plastic, wool, cotton.
Let him twist and twist in his hands everything that is safe.
And if you make a developing board for your baby with various heck, hooks, switches, you will receive, apart from the development of speech, from 15 to 30 minutes of free time.
Do not be upset if, after all your efforts, the baby does not speak. Wait a bit and his nervous system will ripen. The first words for the baby should be short and simple, indicate what he saw live or has long recognized in the picture.
If the child is stuck for a long time at one of the stages in the formation of speech, you need to contact a neurologist. For example, if from a year to one and a half or from one and a half to two years, no changes in speech have occurred.