Disorders from the musculoskeletal system are often accompanied by pain and significantly complicate the lives of patients. Currently, almost every pharmaceutical company offers a wide selection of medicines with anesthetic effect. Various pharmacological forms help to quickly eliminate pain and improve the course of the pathological process. One such tool is Nise Gel.
Composition and form of release
The pharmacological agent is available in gel form for external use. Its active component is nimesulideThanks to which an instant therapeutic effect is achieved.
As auxiliary components in the composition of Nise gel are:
- diethylene glycol,
- methyl salicylate,
- sodium benzoate
- propylene glycol
- specially processed castor oil,
- prepared water.
The medicine is packaged in soft tubes, their volume can be 20 or 50 g. Each of them is packed in a cardboard box. The price of Nise gel varies between 250-350 rubles and depends on the region of distribution and volume of the tube. You can buy it at a pharmacy without a special prescription.
The drug belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and has a pronounced effect. When applying the product to the affected area, the active component penetrates into the bloodstream and directly to the focus of inflammation. Further, the active substance inhibits the synthesis of enzymes that provoke the development of the pathological process, which helps to significantly slow it down.
Another property of the drug will be elimination of pain syndrome of different intensity. It is also possible by slowing the progression of the disease. The drug also relieves local hyperthermia, which has a beneficial effect on the general condition of the patient.
After applying the product to the affected area, the therapeutic effect is observed after 15 minutes, which indicates a high penetrating ability of the active components in the composition. The maximum concentration in the blood is observed 1−2 hours after application. The advantage of this form of the drug is that it does not pass through the organs of the digestive and urinary systems and any pathologies do not impede the achievement of the result.
It is noted that after application of the substance quickly penetrate under the skin, into the joint cavity and muscle tissue. Despite the fact that nimesulide penetrates into the systemic circulation, its concentration there is insignificant, this helps minimize negative reactions from organs and systems.
The drug is used to eliminate acute symptoms of various pathologies of the musculoskeletal system. The main indications for applying Nise gel will be the following:
- Bruises and injuries without rupture of soft tissues of varying severity.
- Rupture of ligaments or muscles.
- Exacerbation of chronic radiculitis with severe pain.
- Neuralgia and neuritis of various forms.
- Rheumatoid arthritis with damage to large joints and severe pain.
- Arthritis and polyarthritis of various etiologies.
- Osteochondrosis of mild and severe forms with the defeat of one or more parts of the spinal column.
- Bursitis without suppuration and does not require surgical intervention.
- Myositis in acute or chronic form.
- Tendovaginitis of an advanced stage.
In addition, the drug is often included in the course of therapy for gout of mild and severe forms with severe pain, especially at night. This is due to the ability of the drug to relieve the local fever, which so worries patients with gout.
Contraindications and side effects
Despite the effectiveness and speed of the product, its use in some cases can be harmful to health. There are several contraindications that will become an obstacle to its use for therapeutic purposes:
- Individual hypersensitivity to the drug or a tendency to allergic manifestations.
- Severe form of gastric ulcer with the threat of perforation of its wall.
- The acute stage of gastritis with increased acidity of the gastric juice.
- Children's age up to 3 years.
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Violation of the integrity of the skin at the site of the intended application.
- The presence of a focus of purulent inflammation with the threat of spontaneous opening at the site of application.
- Cirrhosis of the liver at an advanced stage.
- Chronic renal failure.
With special care, the medicine should be used in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus, acute vascular insufficiency, and chronic heart failure. It is better not to mix the drug with other medicines of a similar action. In case of non-compliance with recommendations or violation of instructions, patients experience adverse reactions:
- Constant drowsiness and inability to concentrate.
- Memory impairment and anxiety.
- Burning at the site of application, hyperemia and swelling.
- The appearance of intolerable itching and peeling of the skin.
- Change in color of the epidermis at the site of application.
If the patient has used the gel for a long period, its active substances are absorbed into the blood in excessive amounts and provoke general negative reactions in the form of pain in the stomach, frequent loose stools, spasm of smooth muscles of the intestines, nausea, and attacks of vomiting. In rare cases, patients exacerbate the course of chronic pathologies of the digestive system.
If such symptoms appear, it is recommended to stop using the product. As a rule, this is enough to eliminate them. If this does not happen, it is recommended to consult a specialist.
Instructions for use
Nise gel is used exclusively externally and only at the site of inflammation. It is noted that the drug in this form is absorbed as much as possible and provides a quick therapeutic effect. It is enough to apply the product with a thin layer at the site of the lesion. Rubbing is not recommended, since most of the medicine remains on the hands and the effect is reduced.
The maximum duration of therapeutic effect is no more than 10 days without consulting a doctor. If after this the symptoms do not disappear or intensify, it is worth stopping the use. It is possible that the tool simply does not fit in a particular case and you need to choose another one.
It is allowed to apply the gel no more than 3 times a day. With this use, the skin at the site of exposure becomes excessively dry, sometimes peeling. If such signs are not accompanied by other symptoms of an allergic reaction, the use is allowed to continue.
As a rule, relief comes after 5 days of regular application three times a day. The pain decreases and the patient's condition returns to normal. In the absence of such an effect, appropriate measures are recommended.
Analogues of the drug
The cost of the drug is quite high, so many are looking for a substitute that will cost less, but will have the same therapeutic effect. There are several analogues of Nise gel that have a similar composition and effect on the body:
- Voltaren emulsifier. It also belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, but it has an effect due to the content of diclofenac in the composition. The manufacturer claims that the tool effectively fights pain and other signs of inflammation in various pathologies of the joints and spinal column. The medicine is not prescribed for children under 12 years of age, patients with an allergic reaction, patients with a stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer. The standard course of therapy lasts from 10 to 14 days, depending on the severity of the condition.
- Fastum gel. It contains ketoprofen and also refers to NSAIDs. It has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic effect, allows you to relieve acute symptoms of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Appointed in courses from 10 to 14 days. The tool is strictly contraindicated during lactation and pregnancy, children under 12 years of age, as well as patients with a chronic form of psoriasis, dermatitis or eczema.
- Gel Dicloran. Manufactured by an Indian pharmaceutical company. It is based on the active substance diclofenac, which has a quick healing effect and retains it for a long time. The medicine is used in the treatment of neuralgia, neuritis, radiculitis, osteochondrosis and other disorders. It is contraindicated in children and adolescents under 18 years old, pregnant and lactating women, patients with aspirin asthma or an allergic reaction to this group of drugs.
- Polish remedy Ultrafastin. It contains ketoprofen, which has properties similar to the original drug. Appointed in short courses of 7-10 days. Usually this is enough to get the result. The drug is contraindicated in patients with severe forms of psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, purulent wounds and cracks at the site of application. It should not be used during the period of bearing the baby and breastfeeding, since the effect of ketoprofen on the fetus is unknown.
- Cream It’s long. It is made in Germany. The therapeutic effect is carried out due to the content of ibuprofen. The active component is also part of the NSAID group and has a pronounced analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. The tool is used only for adult therapy and has a number of contraindications and side effects.
Replacing the original product with one of its analogues is not recommended on its own. Each patient requires an individual approach.
Nise is an effective drug that can quickly cope with acute pain, reduce signs of inflammation, relieve fever and slow the progression of the pathological process. It is recommended to use only after consulting a specialist in order to prevent complications.
Despite the large number of adverse reactions, reviews about the use of the drug are mostly positive, which proves its effectiveness. There are negative responses from people who used it incorrectly or are allergic to the active component.
Maksim. Actively involved in sports and often get injured. For bruises and sprains, I usually use this medicine. It is always in my medicine cabinet. He was advised by his friend who was treating acute sciatica. The first application immediately brought the expected result and the pain at the site of the bruise almost disappeared. After a week of regular use, I completely got rid of the symptoms. An effective and fast-acting medicine.
Vladimir I have been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for more than 4 years. During periods of exacerbation, pain in the knee joints is very severe, I can’t sleep at night, and during the day I can’t perform the usual actions. The doctor prescribed a remedy to ease the symptoms of the disease. Used as directed and felt a significant improvement after 3 days. Now this gel is a salvation for me with unbearable pain.
Ruslan. I have chronic sciatica and when lifting weights or other tension the pain in the lower back is simply unbearable. Always with an exacerbation of the condition I use such a medicine. At the first application, I did not feel the effect, but after 3 days I began to notice that the pain had decreased and did not intensify even with exercise. The doctor approved my choice and now I always have this gel in my house.
Nize gel - instructions for use
Topical drug gel refers to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The new generation has an anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. Nise is indicated for the local symptomatic treatment of degenerative and inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The ointment comes in compact tubes that you can carry with you. Nise is applied to a dry lesion with a thin layer and improvement occurs throughout the day.
Medication Nise is available in aluminum tubes of 20, 50 g. Each tube is sold in a cardboard box with enclosed instructions for use. It looks like a transparent gel without extraneous particles of a white or pale yellow hue. Nise is available in the form of a suspension for oral administration and white tablets with a yellow tint. In appearance, the tablets are round, biconvex, with a smooth surface.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Ointment is an anti-inflammatory pain medication from the sulfonamide class. Nimesulide has a local effect, reduces the concentration of the pain mediator. When applied topically, it contributes to the disappearance of pain at rest and during movement, reduces morning stiffness of the joints. The maximum concentration of nimesulide after a single application is reached by the end of the first day. Its value is 300 times greater than when using oral forms of nimesulide. When applying the gel, the concentration of the active substance in the systemic circulation is extremely low.
Gel Neez - indications for use
In most cases, the drug is used for joint pain. At the application site, the gel has an anti-inflammatory effect, eliminates soreness and is indicated for external local use. The ointment eliminates pain symptoms in the muscles and spinal column of unknown origin. The medication is used for pathologies of the spinal nerve roots (radiculitis), diseases of the joints and tissues (gout). According to the instructions, other indications for the use of the gel include:
- Ankylosing spondylitis (inflammation of the intervertebral joints),
- inflammation of the ligaments and tendons (tendonitis),
- synovitis (inflammation of the synovial membrane),
- tenosynovitis (acute or chronic inflammation of the tendon vagina),
- lumbalgia (lower back pain),
- myalgia (muscle pain),
Dosage and administration
The gel is intended for external use. In the treatment of pain syndromes, the drug must be used according to official instructions. It is necessary to observe the frequency of use and the recommended dosage according to indications. The application area should be washed with soap and water, and then the surface of the skin should be dried. Multiple dosage is not more than 3 cm of extruded gel. Other recommendations for use:
- Nise is applied in a thin layer on the surface of the skin without rubbing.
- The frequency of use is 1 time in 8-12 hours, 2-3 times a day.
- The course of treatment is no more than 10 days.
Nise side effects
When using the gel, there are few side effects, but they are. In rare cases, local reactions are manifested, such as a burning sensation, itching, urticaria, a change in skin color at the site of Nise's application, and peeling of the skin. Similar symptoms disappear on their own during the day and after the withdrawal of the drug. Long-term use of the gel and use on a large area of the skin cause a number of systemic reactions, if they occur, you should consult a doctor:
- burning sensation behind the sternum and in the larynx,
- nausea with bouts of vomiting,
- thrombocytopenia (a state of platelet count reduction),
- digestive disorders
- allergic reactions (anaphylactic shock),
- the formation on the mucous membrane of the digestive tract of small erosions and ulcers,
- fluid retention in the body,
- increased activity of liver transaminases (enzymes),
According to the official instructions for using Nise, overdose data is not indicated. With a single application of a large amount of gel (from 50 g), the risk of developing systemic side effects is not ruled out. There is no specific antidote, so if you suspect an overdose of the drug, you need to seek emergency medical help.
The instructions for use of Nyze indicate that the drug is not applied under airtight dressings. After use, the tube is tightly closed, and hands are thoroughly washed with soap. It is necessary to avoid getting on the mucous membranes, in the eyes. Otherwise, rinse the area with clean water and consult a doctor. The gel is applied only to an intact skin area, without open wounds.
Topically applied nimesulide preparations are usually well tolerated.
Observed side effects include moderate or severe local irritative reactions, hyperemia, rash, desquamation, pruritus and related reactions in the area of application of the drug, as a manifestation of hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Capsaicin, which is part of the drug, at a concentration of 1% or more can cause neurotoxicity and thermal hyperalgesia, a burning sensation, and redness.
In case of adverse reactions, it is necessary to stop the use of the drug and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Systemic adverse reactions with the use of the drug were not observed.
Photosensitivity may develop. Mild changes in skin color and allergic reactions were also reported. In rare cases, sensitive patients developed anaphylactic reactions, such as Quincke's edema, vasomotor rhinitis, shortness of breath, bronchospasm.
During pregnancy and breastfeeding
According to the instructions, the use of Nise by women carrying a fetus is strictly prohibited. If you need to treat pain in the joints, you should consult a gynecologist regarding the appointment of analogues of the drug that are allowed during pregnancy. If there is an urgent need to use the gel during lactation, then breastfeeding is stopped for the entire therapeutic course.
New generation NSAIDs from the sulfonanilide class. It has a local analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
Nimesulide is a selective competitive reversible COX-2 inhibitor (endoperoxide-prostaglandin-N 2 synthetase). It reduces the concentration of short-lived prostaglandin H 2, a substrate for kinin-stimulated synthesis of prostaglandin E 2, in the focus of inflammation and in the ascending pathways of pain impulses in the spinal cord. A decrease in the concentration of prostaglandin E 2 (a mediator of inflammation and pain) reduces the activation of prostanoid receptors of the EP type, which is manifested by analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects.
When applied topically, it causes a weakening or disappearance of pain at the site of application of the gel, including joint pain at rest and during movement, reduces morning stiffness and swelling of the joints. Helps increase range of motion.
With caution, the medication should be used when used together with hypoglycemic drugs (antidiabetic), antihypertensive drugs (lowering blood pressure), non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, diuretics. When using antiepileptic drugs with phenytoin, antiarrhythmic drugs with digoxin, powerful immunosuppressants with cyclosporine and preparations containing lithium, it is necessary to inform the attending doctor appointing Nise.
Terms of sale and storage
Nise is a non-prescription drug that can be purchased at points of sale without a prescription, but it’s important to consult a doctor before use. Nise must be stored at room temperature (not higher than 24 degrees) in the original tube, tightly closed. The storage location should not be exposed to direct sunlight and be accessible to children. When you freeze the product, the gel loses all its healing properties. Shelf life - 2 years from the date of manufacture indicated on the cardboard packaging.
Outwardly. Before applying the gel, wash and dry the surface of the skin. In a uniform thin layer, apply a column of gel with a length of about 3 cm to the area of maximum pain, without rubbing, 3-4 times / day.
The amount of gel and the frequency of its use (not more than 4 times / day) may vary depending on the size of the treated area and the patient's response.
Do not use the gel for more than 10 days without consulting a doctor.
Local reactions: itching, urticaria, peeling, transient change in skin color (not requiring drug withdrawal).
When applying the gel to large areas of the skin or with prolonged use, systemic adverse reactions cannot be ruled out: heartburn, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gastralgia, ulceration of the gastrointestinal mucosa, increased activity of hepatic transaminases, headache, dizziness, fluid retention, hematuria, allergic reactions ( anaphylactic shock, skin rash), thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, anemia, agranulocytosis, prolonged bleeding time.
If any adverse reactions occur, the patient should stop using the drug and consult a doctor.
Price for Nise Gel
Manufacturer - international pharmaceutical company Dr. Reddy's lab, headquartered in India. You can buy the drug cheaply during the promotion period. For example, the price of Nise on the ZdravZona pharmacy website is 336 rubles, but the product is sold at a discount and costs 62 rubles cheaper. The cost differs from the place of sale and form of release - 20 or 50 g. Below are the differences in the price category in popular online pharmacies:
|Online pharmacy||Release form||Price, rubles|
|Pharmacy wholesale prices Wer.ru||1% 20 g||179|
|Zdravzone||1% 50 g||274|
|EAPTEKA.RU||1% 50 g||324|
|ElixirPharm||1% 20 g||207|
|Eurofarm||1% 20 g||310|