Semolina is a dish that is known to both adults and children.
But for some reason, not everyone loves him equally.
Perhaps someone just didn’t eat really tasty porridge.
Or he had a chance to try the food with a bunch of lumps, thick and sticky.
How and how much to cook semolina to make it tasty?
How to cook semolina - general principles
The main secret of good porridge is the correct consistency. If you pour more cereals than specified in the recipe, then the dish will turn out to be too steep and rubber. The same will happen if the porridge is cooked for a long time. Some housewives just bring the cereal to a boil and turn it off.
Boil porridge from semolina not only in milk. You can use water, broths, juices. For taste, add salt with sugar and butter to the dish. But this is only a classic set. If you want to cook an unusual porridge, then you can add nuts, chocolate, berries, dry and fresh fruits to it. It is tasty with coconut, candied fruit, marmalade. A huge number of options! And here it is described in detail how and how much to cook semolina.
How to cook semolina on the water
Why conceal, porridge on the water is not as tasty as on milk. But many are forced to cook just such an option. And the reasons for this can be very different. How and how much semolina is boiled on water and can it be cooked deliciously?
1. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Add salt and sugar. Salt is put into porridge necessarily, otherwise the dish will be fresh and tasteless.
3. Start pouring cereal into boiling water. We do it a little bit, it is possible through a strainer and continuously stir. Otherwise, lumps will appear.
4. How much to cook semolina on the water? Let's boil for five minutes. Then add the prescription oil, stir and turn off.
5. Insist under the lid for five minutes. Before laying out the plates, stir well again so that the oil is evenly distributed.
How to cook semolina porridge in milk
The recipe for classic semolina porridge with milk, which is great not only for baby food, but also for breakfast for any adult. Milk of any fat content is used.
25 grams of sugar
1. We take a pan, rinse with cold water, pour milk and put on the stove. Some housewives prefer to dilute it with water, which is not prohibited.
2. Bring the milk to a boil, add salt and sugar, stir.
3. Take a spoon in one hand, and in the second cup with measured semolina. Do not pour it “by eye”, you can easily go too far.
4. We start stirring the milk and pour the groats into a forming funnel with a thin stream.
5. Stir and let it boil. You can immediately add a piece of butter or put it on a plate when serving.
6. How much does semolina cook? Three to five minutes is enough. Then turn off the fire, cover the pan and let the porridge stand. It’s better not to make some porridge. She will reach in the plate. But the digested semolina turns out thick and tasteless.
How to cook semolina with pumpkin
Pumpkin semolina is a very healthy, bright and tasty dish. It can be cooked year-round, as the pumpkin is very easy to store. But how to cook semolina porridge and how much to pour cereals?
200 grams of milk
200 grams of pumpkin
1. Dice the pumpkin, previously peeled and peeled. The recipe indicates the mass of pure product.
2. Put the pumpkin in a saucepan, add all the milk at once, plus 70 grams of water and set to cook for 15 minutes. During this time, the pieces will become very soft.
3. We take a potato crusher and slightly remember the pumpkin to get rid of large pieces.
4. Add salt and sugar, stir.
5. Pour semolina and mix.
6. Cook porridge with semolina for about ten minutes. But the fire is minimal.The dish must languish in order to become homogeneous.
7. At the end, put the butter, cover and turn off.
How to cook semolina "Bubert"
Bubert is a Latvian semolina sweet dish that can be used to change bored cereal for breakfast. At the same time, it is prepared from healthy products and can be given even to children. We use milk of any fat content.
1 tsp lemon zest,
2/3 cup semolina
Berry juice or syrup.
1. Break the eggs and, along the way, divide the yolks and squirrels into different bowls. Grind the yolks with sugar. Squirrels simply beat until thick foam.
2. Boil milk in a saucepan, salt and gently introduce semolina. We make, as usual porridge, we try to prevent lumps. Cook for three minutes, then remove from heat.
3. Cover the pan with something warm and let stand for about fifteen minutes so that the cereal swells but does not cool.
4. Remove the blanket, open the cover and insert the yolks. Stir quickly so that they do not cook.
5. Now it’s the turn of proteins that also need to be stirred quickly, but not for long. Otherwise, the foam will settle. Add a slice of oil to taste. Lemon zest is also laid in a classic tuber.
6. Put the dish in plates, pour with berry juice or syrup.
How and how much to cook semolina with juice
Juice decoy is an unusual but very tasty treat. It will help to take a fresh look at the familiar and even unloved porridge. Juice can be used any fruit or berry. If it is sweet, then reduce the amount of sugar or just do not add.
0.5 cup semolina
0.25 cups of sugar.
1. We put a saucepan on the stove with juice, bring to a boil.
2. Combine semolina with sugar, pour a thin stream into boiling juice.
3. Cook the dish, continuously stirring, for exactly three minutes. To taste, you can pour a pinch of vanilla into it, throw a little zest, add cinnamon or cloves. But you need to consider from which juice a delicacy is prepared so that the tastes do not contradict.
4. Remove the porridge from the heat and keep it under the lid for a quarter of an hour.
5. Now the dish is laid out in silicone molds and cool well.
6. Spread from the molds on a plate, decorate with berries, pour jam, syrup and serve as dessert.
The benefits of semolina porridge
- If it enters the digestive tract, the semolina envelops the intestines, can relieve cramps and remove pain, heal cracks, therefore it is prescribed for inflammation in the digestive tract, but porridge should be boiled in water, not salt and sugar.
- Semolina is a wonderful way to cleanse the body, because it absorbs slag if consumed on an empty stomach.
- After operations, serious illnesses, with a weakened body, she is prescribed so that the patient can quickly restore strength. Due to the small amount of fiber, it is better than other cereals during this period supplies energy and is absorbed.
- It is good to use it in case of renal failure and for weight loss, because it can relieve fat and mucus.
- How to cook semolina porridge to its maximum benefit? Remember that with prolonged cooking, the beneficial substances of cereals disappear. The maximum cooking time is 2 minutes.
A method of preparing semolina porridge on the water. How to cook semolina porridge on the water - not for the sake of calories, but for the good!
Semolina is nutritious. It is easy to digest and can be the perfect breakfast, especially if you flavor it with fruit, honey or jam. And you can choose unsweetened additives, turning semolina into the basis for a hearty dish. It’s better to boil such porridge in water - this way it will be even more useful without losing its taste.
Nutritionists are ambivalent about semolina. Some believe that this porridge is inferior in its beneficial properties to oatmeal, buckwheat or rice. Others are convinced that properly cooked semolina has a number of advantages: it is easily digested, provides a feeling of satiety for a long time, and is perfect for diet food. However, both of them agree on one thing: porridge will be more useful if you boil it on water.Milk, cream, butter and other additives can be added to an already prepared dish. And if you plan to lose weight, do without additives, semolina on the water contains a very moderate amount of calories, especially if you reduce the amount of sugar in each serving.
How to cook semolina with raisins
You can simply add washed raisins to any semolina. But it is not very tasty. Try to cook it. And then the dish will reveal an unusual aroma. How and how much semolina is cooked with raisins?
2 cups of milk
1. Rinse and sort out the raisins, remove all the branches. Fill with hot water, almost boiling water and cool to a warm state. We shift the berries on a napkin.
2. Put the milk on the stove, salt. Bring to a boil.
3. Pour semolina, mixed with sugar, boil for a minute.
4. Add the swollen raisins, let it boil and turn it off.
5. Wrap porridge in a blanket and leave to brew for about twenty minutes.
6. When serving, add oil to the plate.
Semolina porridge with mushrooms
You can make a hearty meal from semolina, suitable for a light lunch or dinner.
You will need: - 0.5 cups of semolina, - 2 cups of water, - 200 g of fresh mushrooms, - 1 teaspoon of butter, - 1 onion, - vegetable oil for frying, - salt, - freshly ground black pepper.
First prepare the mushroom porridge supplement. Chop the onion and fry in warmed vegetable oil. Cut the champignons into slices, put in the onion and stir, fry until tender. Season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Pour semolina onto a dry frying pan. Stir frying until light brown. Make sure that the cereal is not burnt, otherwise the porridge will get a bitter taste. Boil the water, salt it and pour in a thin stream of the roasted semolina. Constantly stir the porridge so that no lumps form. Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes, then add the butter, turn off the stove and cover the porridge. Let it brew for 5–7 minutes, then place on heated plates. Add a couple tablespoons of fried mushrooms to each serving.
Semolina is a dish that is known to both adults and children.
But for some reason, not everyone loves him equally.
Perhaps someone just didn’t eat really tasty porridge.
Or he had a chance to try the food with a bunch of lumps, thick and sticky.
How and how much to cook semolina to make it tasty?
How to avoid lumps
And now let's find out how to cook semolina porridge in water without lumps. In most recipes that come across on the Internet (regardless of whether it is suggested to cook in milk, water or broth), the authors advise pouring the cereal into a boiling liquid. However, it is with this technology, no matter how classic or proven it may seem, that there is a big risk of the formation of those notorious lumps.
Therefore, the most competent approach to cooking is as follows: the cereal must be poured into a cold liquid! Be it milk or water.
Such technology will not allow the creation of nasty clots even if this is purposefully wanted.
Why is such a simple and effective way still not widely used? Why do even many sophisticated grandmothers who have raised more than one individual of the human race consider this a real discovery? The answer is obvious. Just because it is more labor intensive.
Harm of semolina
- If you regularly consume several servings of semolina per day, then due to the high content of phytin, calcium will be eliminated from the body and this can lead to insufficient development of muscle tissue, joints, spine, rickets, cramps, spasmophilia, obesity, osteoporosis, and disruption of the heart muscle worsening of blood coagulation.
- Another disadvantage of semolina is its high gluten content. Since some people have intolerance to it, it can thin out the intestinal walls, disrupt the absorption of nutrients, lead to allergies, upset stools. These symptoms are caused by gliadin, a gluten fraction.If it regularly enters the digestive tract, then the intestinal villi die off, colitis, gastritis, etc. develop. For the same reason, it is not recommended to cook it for a child under 1 year old.
Proper semolina porridge. How to cook semolina porridge on the water - not for the sake of calories, but for the good! Cooking method step by step
Among people who are knowledgeable about diets, “advanced” mothers and even pediatricians, one can often hear the opinion that semolina is useless, that these are one continuous fast carbohydrates in the complete absence of useful nutrients. However, it is not.
Firstly, its calorie content is greatly exaggerated (unless, of course, fat and sugar are abused). Secondly, it contains a good proportion of protein - as much as 11.3 g per 100 g of product! This is more than in barley, barley, corn and rice.
In addition, due to the fact that it is cooked quite quickly, the vitamins contained therein do not have time to break down: vitamins of group B, vitamins of PP.
Its main drawback is the gluten content, with the digestion of which many children and some adults experience difficulties. But gluten is found in many cereals (wheat, rye, barley, oats) and even more so in semi-finished products (ketchup, dressings, soy sauces, etc.), and if a person is aware of his features, or a young mother knows that her the child does not yet digest gluten, they know the list of allowed foods in advance.
The most delicious semolina porridge in milk without lumps (proportion for 1 person)
Now I will tell you one secret that many people do not know and do not even guess! Many chefs talk about this, but for some reason we don’t hear them and we do everything the old fashioned way. Pour semolina into cold milk! That's the whole secret 🙂 Try it and you will no longer remember the unfortunate lumps, I promise you!
This recipe shows the proportions per person, respectively, if necessary, increase the number by as many as people will have breakfast with this dish.
- milk - 1 cup
- semolina - 1.5 tablespoons with a slide,
- sugar - 0.5-1 tbsp;
- salt is a pinch.
Lumps in porridge are formed due to foam in boiling milk, so adding cereals to cold milk, you simply will not have any lumps on it.
How to cook semolina porridge without lumps - useful tips
How to cook semolina porridge correctly? Experienced chefs share secrets with you.
- Key rule: semolina should be added to water or milk when the liquid has boiled, with a thin stream, constantly stirring. Some chefs recommend pouring the cereal into the pan with a pinch, as you usually add salt.
- Proportions - "our everything": take half a liter of water or milk 100 grams of semolina to achieve perfect density - not liquid and not too thick.
- Before adding milk, rinse the pan in very cold water, you can add an ice cube to it so that the porridge does not burn to the walls and bottom.
- To exclude the appearance of lumps, you can pour cereal through a sieve.
- The formation of lumps will be prevented by a simple method - moisten the cereal a little in cold water and immediately pour boiling water over it.
- The cooking time after boiling the liquid and falling asleep is about 120 seconds.
- Sugar and salt are added to the porridge at the time of boiling, and the finished dish is seasoned with butter.
- After turning off the fire, you can season the porridge with butter and wrap the container in a towel and steam for 8-15 minutes.
- Did the lumps still appear? Household appliances will help: beat the porridge so that they disappear, and the porridge becomes airy.
- The choice of ingredients is wide: from slices of fresh fruits, berries, steamed dried fruits to a handful of seeds, candied fruits, nuts, a few spoons of honey, jam, jam or jam. Children will surely enjoy experimenting with different tastes - do it with them.
How and how much to cook semolina with carrots
Another version of cereal from the category of useful recipes. Who knows, maybe this particular dish will become your favorite breakfast in your family.For cooking, we use bright and juicy carrots to make the dish beautiful and tasty.
1 tablespoon butter
1. Peel the carrots and rub finely.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter, put the carrots, cover and simmer until tender.
3. Add milk, cook for another five minutes after boiling, salt and sweeten.
4. Pour semolina, cook porridge for another four minutes.
5. Turn off and you can serve! Just remember to mix well before placing them in plates.
Proportions and recipe for simple semolina on the water
How to cook semolina porridge in the water? The correct consistency is important. If cooked “by eye”, it can turn out to be excessively liquid or, conversely, excessively thick. It is unlikely that the eater will like jelly in a plate or “porridge”, which stands like a piece of jelly.
Proportions: the ratio should be approximately 1: 5, that is, 2.5 cups of water will be required for half a glass of cereal. But in this case, you get too much volume. When you need to cook only one serving, it is more convenient to measure the ingredients in this ratio: 2 standard tablespoons per glass of water.
It will take anywhere from seven to ten minutes, depending on which cooking method is chosen. Yes, it turns out that it can be cooked in many ways!
Nutrition is 80 kcal per 100 g.
The crock-pot will cook semolina for the kid
To prepare this dish in a slow cooker, you need to take products in the same proportions that are needed for the classic version. Liquids can be added a little more, because equipment cooks longer than a person, and excess boils. For one serving you will need:
- cereal itself (semolina) - 2 tbsp. tablespoons (approximately 20 g)
- water - 1 cup (200 ml),
- granulated sugar - 2 teaspoons,
- salt - a pinch
- butter - as much as needed to process the bowl.
Cooking time - up to 20 minutes. We get a product of 80 kcal per 100 g.
How to cook semolina porridge on water in a slow cooker for a baby? So, pre-grease the bowl with butter, pour everything, pour in. If you want to use fruit syrup or dried fruits, you should also download them immediately. Close the cover.
Pressing the “Select program” button, find the program “Milk porridge”. Use the “Cooking time” button to program 15 minutes and press “Start”. When the process is completed, a sound signal will notify you.
A crock-pot, as you know, is good because you can give it a task in the evening. Especially if you cook on water - you can fill in and fill up the ingredients the day before, start the morning hour and not worry that the milk will turn sour over night.
How to cook semolina porridge (proportions per 1 liter)?
Another great way to cook porridge, because it will also not have lumps. The basis, as in the previous recipe, is the addition of cereals to cold milk, but the process itself is slightly different. Be sure to try and you will be surprised how simple it turns out!
Proportions are indicated for a large company of one liter of milk.
The use of semolina
- Used in the postoperative period to restore strength.
- Due to the small amount of dietary fiber, it is quickly digested, which allows us to recommend it for nutrition of the elderly.
- The only croup that is absorbed in the lower intestine without irritating the stomach. Recommended for diseases of the digestive system, cleanses the intestines.
The calorie content of semolina is quite high - 320 kcal per 100 g of cereal, which allows its use in case of depletion.
With caution, cereals are used for baby food due to the content of gluten, phytin and gliodin. Gluten (gluten) can trigger allergic reactions, phytin is an antioxidant, but interferes with the absorption of calcium, gliodin slows down the absorption of beneficial substances by the intestines of the baby.
The most delicious recipes
In European countries, semolina is used in the preparation of various dishes that serve as excellent desserts.In Italy, durum wheat flour is purchased to make pasta, gnocchi and even pizza.
In Asia, semolina is used to make sweets with almonds and pine nuts; in Turkey, it is a component of halva. In Finland, an original dessert is popular - semolina porridge in a cooled form, whipped with several fresh berries. In India, semolina sweets are a traditional festive dish, while in Lithuania, it is pudding based on boiled semolina boiled pudding.
How to cook semolina porridge in milk? If possible, it is better to use a mixture of milk. If semolina is boiled in baked milk, then its aroma acquires a creamy touch.
To obtain a medium-density cereal, add 1000 tbsp. To every 1000 milliliters of a mixture of milk and water l decoys. So, take for each glass of milk a tablespoon of semolina (with a slide), as well as a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of sugar, your favorite berries and butter, varying its amount to your taste.
Rinse the pan in ice water, bring the milk to a boil in it, salt, add granulated sugar. Pour semolina in a very thin stream without stopping stirring. Cook for about 5 minutes until the croup is fully swollen. Add the butter and mix, and then transfer to a plate and sprinkle with berries.
Dietary semolina recipe on water with bananas
The taste can be improved if you add any fruit. Bananas are very good. But first you need to cook the porridge itself. Below is a list of foods per serving for one person. To calculate a different volume, you need to adhere to the same ratio.
- semolina - 2 tbsp. l (about 20 g)
- water - 1 cup (200 ml),
- granulated sugar - 2 tsp,
- salt - a pinch
- butter - to taste.
We cook in any of the three ways, the cooking time will take from 7 to 10 minutes. As for bananas, then for a standard serving, half of one will be enough.
If the dish is being prepared for an adult or a large child, you can simply cut them into circles and put them on a plate - along the edges or in the middle. It will be beautiful and pleasant. Half a banana is 50-60 g, the calorie content in this case will increase by 45-50 kcal (the dish itself, recall, contains about 80 kcal per 100 g).
If all this is done for a small child, it is better to chop the fruit. Place half a banana, cream (a couple of spoons) or milk in a blender. Press the button and grind the contents until a homogeneous mass is formed. If there is no combine or blender, you can grate. The liquid banana mass can be added to the porridge, you can directly in the plate, and mix.
Liquid porridge without lumps - recipe for 1 glass of milk
The traditional method, known to everyone, but, in my opinion, is somewhat laborious. After pouring semolina into boiling milk, you need to stir it all the time so that it "does not clog up." But earlier I always cooked according to this recipe, and the result was quite fine with me.
- milk - 1 cup
- water - 1 tablespoon,
- semolina - 1.5 tablespoons,
- sugar - 1 tablespoon,
- salt - a pinch
- butter to taste.
This is done so that the milk does not burn.
How to cook semolina porridge with meat
For some reason, it is customary to cook sweet semolina. But in fact, meat porridge turns out to be no less tasty and fragrant, especially with chicken. Similarly, you can use turkey, rabbit, beef.
0.15 kg chicken
600 grams of water
1. Boil the chicken in water until tender, take out. The broth should remain 0.3 liters.
2. Cut the onion into cubes and fry in a pan. At the end, put the chopped chicken, warm it together, season with pepper.
3. Salt the broth, let it boil and add semolina. Cook for five minutes.
4. Add onion with chicken from the pan, boil for another minute.
5. Turn off, insist for half an hour under the covers and you can take a sample!
As you cool and insist, semolina becomes thicker. And this must be considered when cooking.If you plan to have breakfast in an hour, then it is advisable to reduce the amount of cereal. And after cooking, wrap the pan in a warm blanket.
Has semolina left and froze? It can be used for sweet meatballs, add to casseroles, pancakes, cheesecakes.
There is no ordinary milk for semolina porridge? Use milk powder, season the porridge with cream. Can be cooked on diluted condensed milk. Or ennoble semolina on the water with different ingredients: berries, nuts, honey, fruits, marmalade.
So that semolina does not catch in lumps when it comes into contact with the liquid, you can mix it with sugar and pour it all together.
Dear friends, today I want to tell you how to cook semolina porridge in milk correctly. You can argue as much as you like about the benefits and dangers of semolina porridge and whether it should be given to children. But let's be honest: there are people who hate semolina in any performance, and there are those who like it. And to convince both the first and second is very difficult and not necessary by and large.
Moreover, lovers of semolina porridge, like its opponents, are among children and adults. Let's accept by default that this post is for those who like this dish, but who want to know how to cook semolina porridge - proportions, time, some nuances of this process.
To prove to you that semolina porridge is delicious, I really will not, but here's how to cook semolina porridge - liquid or rather thick, to your taste, I’ll tell you with pleasure. And I will surely reveal all the secrets of the correct semolina: without lumps. We don’t need any lumps in this dish, right? So we cook semolina porridge in milk without lumps - quickly and very simply. Come to the kitchen?
- 1 liter of milk
- 6 tablespoons of semolina with a slide,
- a pinch of salt,
- 4 teaspoons of sugar (to taste),
- 20-30 g of butter.
Before you cook porridge, choose the right cereal for it. On sale is semolina from different varieties of wheat with the corresponding marking:
Groats with the marking T and MT are considered more useful - they have a lower glycemic index - an indicator of an increase in blood sugar after consuming the product. Such groats are more expensive and not sold in every store. Porridge from M-cereals turns out to be more viscous, with a pronounced taste, cooks faster, but there is less benefit in it.
Groats labeled with TM are made from hard and soft wheat
Buy semolina in factory clear packaging. It is tight, does not allow excess moisture to penetrate into the bag. In addition, you can visually evaluate the product: it should be loose, without lumps, litter and bugs.
The color of the cereal also matters. The correct color is cream or yellowish. Too white cereal or a grayish tint is a sign of poor-quality goods. Groats labeled M are usually powdery, opaque, T - clean with translucent calibrated grains, TM combines the characteristics of M and T.
Do not chase cheapness, perhaps a low-quality product is hiding behind a low price. Look for GOST on the packaging, this ensures that the product is produced in large-scale production in accordance with standards.
A few nuances of making porridge without lumps
The biggest difficulty in cooking is to prevent the appearance of lumps. Compliance with several rules will help in this:
- Pour the groats with a thin stream into boiling liquid with continuous stirring.
- Pour semolina conveniently through a sieve or a paper fillet with a cut tip.
- Dilute the cereal in cold milk or water, and then enter into a boiling liquid, there will be no lumps.
- Helps to avoid the formation of lumps rinsing cereals before cooking.
- Stir the dish all the time while it is cooking.
Important! Semka has the ability to absorb a lot of moisture and swell. The longer the porridge insists, the more it thickens.
On the water
To make porridge on the water, you need 2 tablespoons of semolina per glass of water.They should be poured into a boiling water in a thin stream, constantly mixing porridge, and boil for about 7 minutes (otherwise there will be no useful substances in such porridge).
Then add sugar, salt, you can season the dish with dried fruits or grated apple, pear, and butter to your liking.
How to choose semolina
- To choose high-quality semolina, look for a product, on the packaging of which GOST is indicated . This guarantees product quality, proper cleaning and good grinding.
- To find out what wheat cereal was made from, look for the brand on the packaging. It could be brand "M", which is made from soft wheat . "MT" - made of soft varieties with the addition of hard. A groats under the brand name "T" is made from durum wheat. As you know, durum wheat is the most healthy. But cereals made from such wheat are not sold at all outlets, so you have to search.
- Buy cereals in transparent packaging then you can see her condition. If there is a web in the semolina, then there are pests. Sometimes small pebbles come across in the croup. They can not always be seen, but they are clearly felt on the teeth. This happens if semolina was made in small private mills that are not equipped with good cleaning equipment.
- High-quality groats uniform in color and size.
How to cook delicious semolina porridge in milk
In the preparation of semolina, like many other cereals, experience is the main guarantee of the goodness of the dish. What if there is no such experience? Listen to the recommendations of experienced chefs and follow the general rules for the preparation of delicious semolina porridge:
You can only cook semolina in milk, but then first you need to pour a little water on the bottom of the pan - this reduces the risk of milk burning at times. Very often, this porridge is boiled in a mixture of milk and water in a ratio of one to one. How you will cook it is up to you to decide if you want the calories to be as low as possible, then prepare semolina in a mixture of water and semolina 50 to 50. Cook porridge is better in a pan with non-stick coating or stainless steel, the thicker its walls and bottom - all the better. The ratio of semolina to liquid can be different, but the generally accepted standard is about 7 tsp. on 1 glass of liquid. Adjust the ratio depending on the desired density of porridge. Pour semolina into the freshly boiled liquid slowly, in a very thin stream with vigorous stirring: in one hand take a bowl of cereal, in the other - a spoon, the slow addition of porridge with quick stirring is the key to the absence of lumps. After pouring all the semolina, season the porridge with sugar and salt to taste, continue stirring the porridge and bring it to a boil when it boils, immediately reduce the heat to a minimum and boil the porridge for another 5 minutes. Ready semolina is seasoned with butter or jam.
If, while preparing semolina porridge, you will take into account all the recommendations given, porridge will definitely turn out to be delicious, without lumps and very tasty. And you can make it even tastier by adding your favorite berries or fruits to the porridge.
Cook semolina - useful tips and tricks
. As you cool and insist, semolina becomes thicker. And this must be considered when cooking. If you plan to have breakfast in an hour, then it is advisable to reduce the amount of cereal. And after cooking, wrap the pan in a warm blanket.
. Has semolina left and froze? It can be used for sweet meatballs, add to casseroles, pancakes, cheesecakes.
. There is no ordinary milk for semolina porridge? Use milk powder, season the porridge with cream. Can be cooked on diluted condensed milk. Or ennoble semolina on the water with different ingredients: berries, nuts, honey, fruits, marmalade.
. So that semolina does not catch in lumps when it comes into contact with the liquid, you can mix it with sugar and pour it all together.
Hello! Breakfast with us today will be excellent - semolina porridge on the water with the addition of grated banana. A recipe for porridge on the water will be especially useful for those who follow their figure, as well as those who do not like milk. Add a banana optional, this is optional. It gives the dish a unique taste and makes it more satisfying. If you observe the proportions of semolina and water, then the porridge will turn out not too liquid, and not too thick, but of medium density and without lumps, as they say, what the doctor prescribed)))))) If you like it on thinner, add 2 tbsp. spoons of semolina per 300 grams of water, if, on the contrary, thicker - 3 tablespoons. Semka semolina is whimsical, therefore, to prepare porridge from it, it is better to take filtered or spring water, generally clean and odorless. And you need to stir it often, so that you can’t get away from the stove for a long time, so we cook such a gruel on the weekend, when there is more time in the morning.
To prepare porridge for 1 serving, we need:
1) semolina - 2.5 tablespoons without a slide,
2) water - 300 grams,
3) butter - 1 teaspoon,
4) sugar (or honey) - to taste (about 2 teaspoons)
5) salt - also to taste (but about 1/3 teaspoon),
What else can improve semolina?
Semolina can be decorated and improved with a large number of additives. Raisins, dried apricots, honey, fructose syrup, maple syrup, jam jam, nuts and much more are suitable.
Large nuts (walnuts, Brazil, cashews, hazelnuts and others) should be added by sprinkling them on top. But for this it is advisable to grind them with a coffee grinder, stupa, or simply crush with a tablespoon. Pine nuts can not be crushed.
It is better to add dried apricots, raisins, dried cherries and other dried fruits to the liquid at the very beginning, during the cooking process, the dried fruits will soften and give part of their juice to the porridge, so when ready it will be more aromatic, its color may even slightly change.
So, prepare semolina on the water
1. Pour water into a saucepan, bring it to a boil.
2. Then we reduce the fire and gradually with a thin stream slowly pour the semolina with one hand, constantly stir it with the other hand with a spoon. This procedure must be observed so that there are no lumps in the porridge. The semolina must be stirred about 1 time per minute.
3. So cook the porridge for 3 minutes, then add sugar, salt, mix and cook for another 3 minutes. The frequency of stirring can be increased up to 2 times per minute, since this porridge is very fond of sticking.
Porridge in the menu of adults and children take their place of honor. Semolina porridge on water is not as popular as on milk. But in many respects it is not inferior to dairy, but, on the contrary, surpasses it.
To understand what is the use of semolina porridge, you need to figure out what constitutes the cereal, which is used for its preparation. Unlike other cereals, semolina is not grown. Nowhere in the world will we find the field where this crop is grown. It is obtained by processing wheat, these are the grains that remain after grinding the grains.
Distinguish semolina obtained from wheat grains of hard or soft varieties. Information on this can be found on the packaging. It is believed that semolina made from durum wheat is of great benefit to the human body, although the difference is not too significant.
Semolina porridge on the water has a whole range of useful properties and qualities. It is recommended to include it in the daily diet for patients suffering from diabetes mellitus, people with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, healthy people who monitor their weight.
Semolina contains many nutrients and valuable trace elements needed by our body. Due to the high content of carbohydrates, it should be included in the diet for those who lead an active lifestyle, and people with chronic fatigue.
And magnesium and zinc, which are part of the body, are necessary for the body to strengthen muscles and bones.Potassium contributes to the normalization of the heart and kidneys, phosphorus helps the body successfully saturate with energy.
It is very valuable that vitamins B and E are present in semolina, which are necessary to strengthen the nervous system, improve brain function, and are also an effective antioxidant. Semolina is rich in dietary fiber, they reduce the risk of heart and blood vessel diseases, as well as malignant tumors. Regular consumption of semolina helps lower cholesterol.
So the benefits of conventional semolina for the body and adult and child are undeniable. In addition, it is easily digested. The greatest benefit is due to low calorie semolina porridge on the water.
How to cook semolina with milk in a slow cooker?
A crock-pot is the most beloved assistant in the kitchen of many hostesses. This is not surprising, right? She saves a lot of time and effort in cooking. So at breakfast time, she will also come to your aid. If you have not cooked semolina porridge in a multicooker, be sure to catch up, and after that, I'm sure your breakfast will not be the same. And every morning a hot, tasty porridge will be waiting for you on the table!
- milk - 480 ml,
- semolina - 30 g,
- salt - a pinch
- sugar - 1 tablespoon,
- butter - 20 g.
A few secrets to note
- If the lumps turn out, the product should be quickly wiped through a large metal sieve directly into the plate. If you don’t have a large sieve at hand, you can use the teapot insert,
- If you get excess volume, it can be used as a basis for pudding or as an additive for cottage cheese casseroles,
- Semolina can be cooked not only in water, but also in vegetable or chicken broth
Conclusions: semolina porridge on the water gives the impression of something primitive, and even without milk, it does not promise anything interesting.
In fact, despite its simplicity, this dish is mouth-watering and open to experimentation.
The following video clearly shows how to cook semolina porridge.
Semolina is familiar to everyone since childhood. Almost all parents enter it into the diet of their children, and they themselves do not mind eating this hearty dish. Semolina porridge on water is the best milk substitute for those who suffer from lactose intolerance and watch their figure. Adding various ingredients to the porridge, you can indulge yourself and loved ones with a new delicious dish every day, without risking gaining extra pounds.
Delicious porridge without lumps
By its taste, porridge made with love on water is in no way inferior to milk porridge. And its calorific value is lower, which is very attractive for people who monitor their health. In addition, semolina porridge on the water will appeal to people suffering from milk intolerance.
In order for your favorite porridge to be appetizing and tasty, you need to cook it correctly - observe the proportions of water and cereals and prevent the formation of lumps. How to cook semolina porridge in the water? Everything is very simple. It will certainly turn out delicious if you stick to the recipe.
Consider the best option when the output dish is not too thick, but not quite liquid. Depending on your preferences, you can add 1 tablespoon of cereal or, conversely, put it less.
The ratio of cereals to water should be 1: 5, that is, 5 glasses of water will be required for 1 cup of semolina.
When it is necessary to prepare only 1 serving, it is more convenient to measure water and cereals in this proportion: 2 tablespoons of semolina per 1 cup of water.
Sugar and salt are added to taste.
If all products are available, proceed to the cooking process. There is nothing complicated here. The problem can arise only in one thing: how to cook so that there are no lumps spoiling the taste? It’s easy to deal with if you approach the matter responsibly. How to cook semolina porridge so that both adults and children like it? The recipe is simple.
We do everything in the following order:
- Mix the necessary amount of semolina and sugar.
- Add the mixture in a thin stream in hot water.
- When stirring, bring to a boil.
- Cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
There is another recipe for boiling semolina porridge in water without lumps. It is even simpler, but will require more time and attention to the cooking process.
- We put the pan with the required amount of water on the stove, add salt and sugar to taste.
- Immediately, without waiting for the water to heat up, we fall asleep with a thin stream of semolina. With continuous stirring, bring to a boil.
- We reduce the gas, cook over low heat until cooked for 5-7 minutes.
After the pan has been removed from the heat, add butter to taste if desired. And let the porridge stand for another 5 minutes.
The recipe for making semolina classic
You will need: 1 cup of milk (or ½ cup of milk and water), 20 g of butter, 7 tsp. semolina, 1 tsp sugar, 1 pinch of salt.
How to cook classic semolina porridge. Pour the liquid into the pan, adding a little water first, if the porridge is cooked only in milk. Bring the liquid to a boil, salt and season with sugar, slowly slowly pour in the cereal, vigorously stirring the porridge. Bring the porridge to a boil, reduce the heat to a minimum, cook for 5 minutes with constant stirring. Putting the porridge in a plate, season it with oil.
If you want to experiment, then you can cook semolina not on milk, but on condensed milk diluted with water. The proportions of water and condensed milk should be such that the porridge does not turn out to be too sweet - decide to your taste. And as a cereal sweetener, you can use not only sugar - jam, dried fruits, and raisins are also suitable. Jam or dried fruits are put to taste, the latter must be washed in advance or poured with boiling water and dried.
It turns out to be very interesting semolina, seasoned with a small amount of vanillin and lemon zest, it needs to be boiled a little longer - by consistency it should look like a cream.
Another variant of interesting semolina porridge is apple.
Cook porridge in a slow cooker
You can cook semolina porridge on the water in a slow cooker. This kitchen appliance simplifies the process of cooking porridge, frees up time, no need to stand by the stove and control the process. Included with the multicooker is a multi-cup. Usually its volume corresponds to 180 ml.
Based on this, it is necessary to observe the following proportions:
- semolina -1 multi-glass,
- water - 6 multi-glasses,
- sugar - 3 tablespoons or to taste,
- salt to taste.
To prepare semolina porridge on the water in a slow cooker, select the "Porridge" mode. If there is none, just set the required time - 20 minutes. After the multicooker signal, the porridge is ready. It remains to mix it well, add butter if desired and let it brew for 5 minutes. The recipe is simple, cooking a delicious porridge is not difficult!
Porridge cooked in a slow cooker is distinguished by a particularly piquant taste and delicate texture. Cooked porridge should not be stored for a long time.
How many calories are contained in 100 g of dietary semolina cooked in water? Her nutritional value is low. On average, from 70 to 120 kcal, depending on the density. But if you add oil and dried fruits, the calorie content will increase, instead of a dietary dish, you will get a treat. What can be done to avoid this?
Try replacing dried fruits with fresh chopped fruits. Thus, a significant increase in calories can be avoided, and the taste range will expand.
All these aspects should be taken into account when cooking semolina porridge in water. The recipes for its preparation are simple. And to include this dish in your daily diet makes sense.
- Many are interested in how to cook semolina porridge in milk, namely the proportion of milk and semolina. To cook semolina of medium density, take 1 liter of milk and a little more than 0.5 cup cereals . The glass should be a capacity of 250 ml.
- If you are interested in a recipe for liquid semolina porridge in milk, use a little less than 0.5 cups of cereal per 1 liter of milk.
- How to cook semolina porridge in milk? After boiling, cook porridge for about five minutes.
- In some pans, milk may burn . To avoid this, use the old grandmother's recipe. Pour a little water into the bottom of the pan so that it completely covers the bottom. Then put the container on fire. After boiling water, pour milk into the pan and let it boil. Next, cook the porridge according to the recipe.
- To make the semolina without lumps, you can follow one more tip. Pour the cereal slowly, stirring constantly . If you add all the cereals at once, it will certainly curl up with numerous lumps.
Is semolina porridge better than milk?
Many mistakenly consider semolina a high-calorie product. But this is not so: 100 g of cereal contains only 98 kcal. But if semolina porridge is boiled in milk, flavored with butter, a lot of sugar or jam, then it becomes a very energetically saturated product. But semolina porridge, boiled on water, has a low calorie content and with the addition of raisins, dried apricots or candied fruit is an excellent hearty, but dietary dish.
In addition, semolina is recommended for people who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract. It does not contain fiber, and its viscous consistency gently envelops the intestinal wall, promotes the healing of microcracks. It is recommended that semolina in water without oil, salt and sugar be included in the diet for stomach ulcers and gastritis.
Apple semolina recipe
Needed: 2 cups of apple juice, 2 tbsp. semolina, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tsp sugar, 1 egg, 1 lemon - zest, pitted raisins.
How to make apple semolina porridge. Pour juice into a saucepan, bring to a boil, stirring constantly, pour semolina in a thin stream, then add washed raisins, lemon zest, sugar and boil until cooked. Drive the egg into the prepared porridge, mix. Served apple semolina hot or cold, seasoned with butter.
Of course, you can further strengthen the "appleiness" of such a gruel by adding a chopped apple to it. Well, if you want berry semolina porridge, then you can cook it on cranberry juice.
Pumpkin is cut into small pieces and boiled in water for a quarter of an hour. Then the water is drained, the pumpkin is mashed using a crush or a blender.
Hot milk is added to the puree, brought to a boil. Pour semolina into a thin stream, stir without interruption. Salt and add sugar to taste. Cook over low heat for another 7 minutes.
For 1 liter of milk you will need 60 grams of semolina, 50 grams of butter, 3 tablespoons of sugar, a pinch of salt and 2 bananas.
Soften the butter, and bring the milk to a boil, salt, sugar, leave to boil for 2 minutes. Make a low heat, pour in a thin stream of semolina, stirring milk continuously for about 3-5 minutes. Peel the bananas, whisk with butter in a blender, add a couple of spoons of porridge and beat until smooth.
Pour this mashed potatoes into porridge, mix and call everyone to the table, this simple dish is tasty and warm.
How to cook semolina on water?
This semolina should not be too thick and not too liquid, without lumps. For such semolina porridge on water, the proportions should be as follows: for 500 ml of water - 100 g of cereal (4 tbsp. L. Semolina).
Semolina semolina is very whimsical. It must be cooked with constant stirring to exclude the appearance of lumps. Professionals even recommend sifting cereals into a pan through a sieve, and boil it over high heat for no more than 2 minutes. Then cover and wrap something warm. Croup should reach readiness precisely under the influence of hot steam. Keep semolina in a warm steam bath for at least 10 minutes. Additional ingredients should be added only after readiness.
You can use another method: pour semolina into boiling water a little, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously for a minute, and add additional ingredients at the end of cooking. Over 15 minutes, cooking cereals is not recommended. In this case, it completely loses its taste, and the grains are boiled.
If you like liquid semolina porridge on the water, reduce the amount of cereal. Take 0.5 g of cereal per 0.5 l of water (this is 3 tbsp. L.). To get a thicker consistency, on the contrary, add cereals, taking 5 tbsp. Of water per 0.5 l. l decoys.
How to decorate and what to serve
- So that your child eats porridge with pleasure, it does not need to be forced, it is better to interest him . This can be done by beautifully decorating the decoy. First, choose what you want to serve this porridge with. It can be jam, jam or jam. I recommend choosing a product in which there are no skins, as in apricot jam, or small seeds, as in strawberry. Put porridge in a plate and decorate it with jam. For example, make a funny face with eyes, ears and nose. Also, using jam, you can draw a whole picture with clouds, the sea and soaring birds. A fresh accent will be fresh berries and mint leaves. Unleash your imagination and you will succeed.
- You can serve semolina with any sweet additives . For example, with jam, honey, condensed milk, chocolate paste, etc. You can also make a mixture of nuts, such as walnuts, forest, almond or cedar. Serve porridge can be not only hot. The cooled and thickened semolina is similar to a thick ice cream, it can be poured with syrup and served as an original dessert.
Cranberry Juice Semolina Recipe
You will need: 2.5 cups of water, 1 cup of cranberries, ½ cup semolina, ½ cup cream, 2 tbsp. sugar, salt.
How to cook semolina porridge on berry juice. Rinse the berries, crush, squeeze the juice, add squeezed water, boil, strain the broth, add a pinch of salt and sugar into it, bring to a boil. Dilute semolina with berry juice so that there are no lumps, pour the mixture into a boiling broth, prepare a thick porridge. Ready porridge is laid out in a greased form, cools, cut in portions and served with cream.
In the same way, you can cook semolina porridge on red or black currants or other sour berries.
Semolina porridge is simple, fast and tasty, and you will see this by cooking it according to our recipes!
There are many ways to cook semolina porridge in milk - on the stove, in the microwave or in a slow cooker. Regardless of how the dish will be prepared, it is important to adhere to several rules - the porridge should be without lumps, the right density and taste good. Properly prepared food will appeal to children and adults. It will be an ideal breakfast, and if you fill the dish with honey, add berries or dried fruits, you can get a serving of useful substances and provide the body with energy until the next meal.
The taste of semolina porridge is familiar to many from childhood and not all of these memories are pleasant - a thick white brew with unpleasant lumps settled in the memory and left negative emotions. However, others not only remember with pleasure, but also continue to cook semolina in milk, enjoying a light pleasant taste. The thing is that semolina porridge in milk has its own nuances of cooking, which will help to get the perfect, appetizing, correct consistency of the dish.
- So that milk does not burn during cooking, you need to pour a little clean water on the bottom of the tank. If this has not been done, you can avoid burning white liquid by adding a pinch of salt to it.
- Quite often, experienced and not-so-housewives run off milk, leaving an unpleasant trace on the stove and a fairly stable burnt smell. To prevent this, a piece of butter will help, which should rub the sides of the pan on top.
- Manka is a product rich in carbohydrates, which many experts negatively respond to. In order not to harm health and in particular the figure, it is recommended to breed milk with water. It is especially important to do this if the product is homemade and is characterized by increased fat content. The ideal option is to dilute milk with a clean liquid 1: 1.
- It is imperative that the proportions of cereal and liquid be observed in order to obtain a dish of the correct consistency. So porridge of medium density will turn out if you take 3-4 tablespoons per 0.5 liter of milk. decoys. For children, the ratio of liquid to cereal should be at least 1 tablespoon.cereals per 400 ml of liquid (the older the child, the more you can increase the amount of semolina).
- To avoid the appearance of unloved lumps in the porridge, it is important to properly pour the cereal into a heated liquid. For this, the semolina is first mixed with sugar in a separate container, after which it is introduced into the boiled milk with a thin stream and intensively stirred. It is important to avoid boiling food during the cooking process, otherwise lumps cannot be avoided.
- Good for cooking cereals to take a container with a thick bottom. Do not cook porridge and other dishes in milk in aluminum pans.
After cooking, you can beat it with a blender or whisk - so it will become more magnificent and airy. Dried fruits, berries, jam or honey will help improve the taste of the finished dish.
Pour milk into boiling water and mix, salt, add sugar.
Without waiting for boiling, pour the groats in a thin stream, constantly mixing, especially near the walls of the pan. Make the weakest fire and mix continuously for about 2-3 minutes, remove from heat, season with butter, leave for 10 minutes under the lid, so that the porridge is infused.
Serve and sprinkle each with a teaspoon of cocoa. Chocolate semolina porridge is ready.
Recipe for semolina porridge with pumpkin (proportions for 2 people)
Pumpkin blends perfectly with cereals. And, by the way, this vegetable will complement semolina, which is considered "empty" in terms of vitamins, cereals, useful elements. Therefore, if you have a pumpkin lying around at home and you don’t know what else to cook from it, then porridge, in my opinion, is an excellent option, especially since the vegetable itself will not be felt in it.
- I want to recommend you cook. Corn is a very useful plant, which contains many trace elements. But few people know that it also contains gold.
- Corn can be cooked. This is a very delicious dish served with sour cream, cracklings and butter.
- Another useful cereal is buckwheat. Cook, and you will delight the whole family with a delicious dinner.
- - This is a very satisfying dish. It restores strength and enriches the body with vitamins.
I want to appeal to those who often prepare semolina. Your advice will help many people to cook this moody dish properly. If you have something to say, leave your comments. Bon Appetit!
Semolina - seemingly simple, tasty and very nutritious dish. Despite this, not all housewives undertake to cook this dish, as they are not sure whether they will be able to avoid the lumps that everyone hates. However, for the porridge to be tasty, you only need to observe the proportions correctly, and know some secrets.
Let's figure out together how to cook semolina porridge.
How to cook with the addition of water?
Water when cooking semolina in milk will not only not harm, but will also positively affect the taste and useful properties of the dish. It will make porridge a lighter and more nutritious product, moreover, this option is ideal for young children. The proportions when cooking semolina porridge of water and milk are selected depending on the fat content of the cow product and the age of the child (if the dish is prepared as baby food). How to dilute milk with water when cooking cereals for babies, a specialist will tell.
In a slow cooker
You need to measure half a cup of semolina, 3 cups of water and 1 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of butter, salt and sugar to taste.
Follow the step-by-step algorithm, and the porridge in the cartoon will turn out to be stunningly delicious. Lubricate the walls of the bowl with butter. Pour semolina, salt and sugar into it, put a piece of butter. Pour milk and water there, mix. Water is needed so that milk clots do not lead to the formation of lumps.
Cover and activate for half an hour the optimal mode in this case - “Extinguishing”. Judging by the reviews of experienced housewives, in the "Milk Porridge" mode, lumps may form, and when quenched, the grains are completely digested.
If the instructions say that this program provides for quenching for an hour, time the timer or alarm clock. Open the lid periodically and stir the contents of the bowl to prevent lumps from forming. After 30 minutes, the dish is ready.
The variety depends on the brand of semolina: T (hard rock, for desserts, minced meat, soups), M (soft, for baking fritters, casseroles, thick cereals) and MT (mixed). From semolina semolina is distinguished by the size of grains: 0.25-0.75 mm in diameter each. The brand of cereals affects the quality of the whole dish as a whole.
How to cook semolina porridge (semolina) on the water
Semolina porridge is prepared extremely quickly and easily. It turns out a perfectly assimilable product with an enveloping and cleansing effect, beneficially affecting the intestines. Semolina contains starch, gluten, vitamins E, PP, B1 and B2 as well as trace elements potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron (more about the benefits and harms of semolina).
The energy value of semolina porridge, cooked exclusively on water, is only 80 kilocalories per 100 grams, so it is quite possible to lose weight on such a product.
Let's figure out how to cook semolina porridge in the water and what rules should be followed.
How to cook semolina porridge in milk without lumps?
We all come from childhood. And if today you are still looking for a recipe for that porridge that is “like in a kindergarten,” then you were fed the right semolina there. If at the word "semolina" you recall a liquid slimy mass full of undigested lumps, it means that something went wrong with the porridge ...
To avoid lumps, it must be properly brewed. Remember the lessons of physics: particles of a surface substance, instantly wet, cease to allow fluid to flow inside the grains. And the fineness of semolina just leads to the fact that the grains are “welded” in one lump, boiling water speeds up the process. Knowing the mechanism of clumping, one can just guess: if there are no lumps, you need to either pour the semolina into a cold or warm liquid and stir a little, or pour it, as the cookbooks recommend, with a thin stream of it in boiling water, stirring constantly, better forming a funnel of milk in a saucepan.
Semolina porridge in milk
Preparing semolina for this recipe is very fast. The dish will be useful for children, as well as for people who monitor their diet. Starting the morning with semolina, you will be energized for the whole day.
For cooking, we need:
- semolina 4-5 tablespoons,
- milk 0.5 liters,
- butter 50 grams,
- sugar 2 tbsp. l
- a pinch of salt.
- Sift the semolina into boiling milk through a sieve.
- Cook porridge for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove heat and cover the dishes.
- Leave the dish for 10-15 minutes to insist.
Such porridge swells well, but the cereal does not digest. Her taste will be different from that prepared in the previous way.
To prepare a traditional dish, you should take:
- water - 250 ml
- milk - 250 ml
- semolina - 4 tablespoons,
- some salt and oil
- granulated sugar to taste.
First, water is poured into the cooking container, followed by milk. All this goes to the stove and boils until boiling. After turning on the fire, the liquid must be slightly salted so that it does not burn.
Separately, sugar and semolina are mixed in a bowl until smooth. When the liquid on the stove boils, you need to reduce the heat and pour out the sugar-semolina mixture, stirring intensively with a spoon.
Cook porridge for 4-6 minutes, stirring the product all the time. After cooking, it is important to let the dish brew, and then pour on plates, not forgetting to season with honey or delicious jam.
Recipe for making semolina porridge on the water
In order to simply cook tasty, optimally boiled semolina from cereals and water without a lump, you need to properly prepare everything you need:
- Choose cereal. When buying, you should pay attention to the labeling.If the letter “T” is present in it, it is semolina obtained from durum wheat. It is good for manna pies and minced meat additives. For cereal you need cereal with the letter "M" - the average grinding of soft wheat. In addition, you need to check whether the shelf life of the cereal has expired - it will not work out of expired tasty cereal. At home, semolina should also be kept completely dry, in glass or plastic containers with a tightly screwed lid - insects can easily be found in this nutritious cereal. If such a “population” does appear, the product should be discarded immediately.
- Ensure proper water quality. It, in the best case, should be purified, filtered or spring.
- Pick up the dishes. Enamel pans are undesirable - delicate semolina often burns to enamel. Cookware is best taken metal, stainless steel or aluminum.
Small semolina by itself is cooked very quickly and porridge is prepared from it in a matter of minutes. The main danger that lies in wait for the cook is the formation of unappetizing clumping lumps. In order for the semolina to remain homogeneous, you will need to gently fill it and carefully mix.
For the preparation of a classic, not too dense semolina, for every glass of water, a tablespoon of cereal is taken, two teaspoons of sugar and salt on the tip of a teaspoon. In order for porridge to work out well, the proportions of cereal-water must be strictly observed. With special dietary restrictions on diseases of the digestive tract, porridge is prepared completely without salt and sugar. At the end of cooking, a moderate portion of butter is usually added.
There are two equivalent ways of cooking semolina: in the first, cereal is added to cold water, in the second - in well-heated.
Option one, "cold":
- Pour water into a saucepan.
- Put it on moderate heat.
- Immediately dry a little spoon with semolina.
- Stir the thickening water-semolina until boiling. This process usually takes from three to four minutes.
- When the thickened porridge boils, turn off the heat, cover the pan with a lid, add a little butter (remembering the calories) and darken the product for a minute or two.
Option two, "hot":
- Pour water into the cookware.
- Put on fire.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Pour semolina into hot water with a thin stream or sift it into water while stirring. It is necessary to mix especially intensively and continuously, since it is in a hot environment that lumps form most quickly and willingly.
- Cook porridge, stirring constantly, from three to five minutes. After that, remove the bowl of porridge from the heat and, adding a piece of butter, cover. Bring to final readiness in a few minutes.
- Fry the cereals in a hot hot frying pan without oil until a light golden hue. Constantly disturb her, otherwise she will burn.
- Wait for the water to boil, reduce the flame of the burner to a minimum.
- Pour sugar and salt into the pan alternately, then a little bit of cereal, and mix vigorously.
- Make the burner flame minimal and cook porridge for 10 minutes. Stir all the time so that it does not burn.
- After this time, add the butter and make a handle with a wooden spatula several cavities in the porridge, so that it is saturated with oil from the inside.
The semolina porridge prepared according to this recipe on the water turns out to be incredibly thick and, accordingly, very satisfying. For convenience, cut it with a knife and put it on plates, pouring berry syrup, honey or jam on top.
Cooking semolina porridge in milk
Pour the milk into the pan. Salt a little. Salt is necessary so that milk does not burn during cooking. We put on the stove and bring to a boil. So that porridge does not go lumps, it’s worth boiling milk not at the highest temperature.
After boiling, carefully add semolina.One tablespoon, after each mix thoroughly. After that add sugar and mix again.
It should be noted that the preparation of semolina requires your constant presence. It is not advised to leave porridge unattended for even a minute, as it can burn, which will completely ruin its taste.
Once the semolina has boiled, add a piece of butter to it. Mix well. Reduce the cooking temperature to the smallest, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly. To make the porridge more flavorful, you can add a little cinnamon or vanilla to it.
The dish is ready. Can be poured on plates and served. For children to eat such porridge, we recommend putting jam, jam, nuts, dried fruits, candied fruits or even pieces of chocolate in it. Such a treat will appeal to everyone.
Semolina as a component of the diet
Due to its low energy value, semolina porridge on water is included in the menu of low-calorie diets. A mono-diet has also been developed on "water" semolina porridge, in which for several days this product, and only it, with fruit additives is invariably consumed in the morning, afternoon and evening. If pure high-quality water is drunk in sufficient quantities, such a diet will not only lose kilograms of excess weight, but also, due to the cleansing effect of semolina, improve the complexion and improve digestion.
These healing properties of semolina porridge cooked on water are used in therapeutic diets for diseases of the digestive tract and kidney failure, when nutrition with a low protein content is recommended.
Due to the increased concentration of starch and gluten, semolina, even cooked on water, is carefully included in the menu for individual intolerance to these components and for diabetes.
Such porridge is distinguished by excellent taste, but it is better to cook it for adults.
Advice! If you follow the figure, cook porridge in a mixture of milk and water in equal proportions. The porridge will retain a milky taste and reduce the number of calories.
If there was no ordinary milk, dry powder will do. Dilute the powder with water in accordance with the instructions on the packaging, and prepare according to one of the recipes presented. Or use this unusual way.
Milk semolina in a slow cooker
Preparing semolina porridge with milk in a slow cooker quickly, using a minimum set of products. The advantages of cooking in this miracle pan are that it will surely turn out delicious without burning and lumps.
Semka in a slow cooker with little effort
In many models of multicookers there is a special mode "Milk porridge", with which you can cook almost any porridge. But, even if there is no such option in your appliance, you can cook the dish using the "Stew" function.
On milk powder
- water -500 ml
- groats - 0.3 cups
- milk powder - 5 tbsp. spoons
- sugar - 3 tbsp. spoons
- salt to taste.
- In a dry saucepan, mix the semolina, milk, sugar and salt.
- Pour in cold liquid in a thin stream. Stir the mixture with a whisk.
- Cook over medium heat with continuous stirring until it boils.
- Reduce heat and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Leave the dish under the lid for 10 minutes.
The volume is designed for 3 servings. If everything is done correctly, the dish will turn out to be homogeneous, and will not differ in taste from that prepared in plain milk.
Advice! Cook porridge in baked milk and season with ghee. The taste of the dish will be saturated, with a nutty tint.
Three milk intolerance porridge can be prepared on water. The principle of its preparation is the same as milk, only filtered water is taken instead of milk. There is another way.
Mouth-watering and healthy additions
Although the "water" semolina porridge itself contains vitamins, minerals and nutrients, their list can and should be enriched and expanded, especially since the taste of the dish will benefit from this. So, it is advisable to add:
- Dried fruits - washed raisins, dried apricots, figs, if there are no significant restrictions on the sugar content. If there are such restrictions, it is better to limit yourself to prunes, as well as pre-boiled apples and pears.
- Fresh fruits and berries - banana puree (in the absence of sugar restrictions), strawberry puree, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, black and red currants, plums (according to season).
- Honey - in moderation instead of sugar in a cooked, slightly cooled unsweetened porridge.
- Vegetable oils that adequately replace butter - sunflower, corn, walnut oil, pumpkin.
Preparing food based on:
- milk - 350 ml,
- butter - 12 g,
- semolina - 70 g,
- granulated sugar - 2 tbsp.
First, liquid is poured into the multicooker bowl, after all the loose components. You need to fill them up slowly, constantly stirring. Then the container closes, and the dish is cooked in the "milk porridge" 12 minutes. Before serving the dish, you need to season it with butter. On top of the semolina, laid out on portioned plates, you can put fresh mint leaves.
How much to cook semolina? Cooking times can also be different. Some cook just a couple of minutes after boiling, but it’s common to cook classic semolina porridge over low heat for 5-7 minutes from the moment of boiling.
Very easily and quickly you can make semolina porridge without lumps thick or liquid . The consistency will depend entirely on the proportions of the ingredients. People love this delicacy since childhood. But not every hostess knows how to cook porridge from semolina in milk so that there are no lumps in it. Such a treat is best consumed before dinner. And all due to the fact that it has a high content of carbohydrates.
Cooking semolina porridge according to the grandmother's recipe
Boil milk over medium heat. Pour semolina into small pieces a few minutes before boiling. Mix well after each part so that no lumps form. Salt, add sugar.
According to this recipe, you will get thick porridge, if you like liquid, then you just need to reduce the amount of cereal. So, boil the mass over low heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. At the end, add a piece of oil.
Serve. Pour the porridge into a deep bowl, in the center make a small hole where you put a piece of butter. Put fresh fruit on the side.
Such a bright and tasty breakfast will appeal to both children and adults.
If possible, it is better not to leave semolina for later, but to cook a fresh portion all the time. An already standing dish is not as tasty and aromatic as freshly prepared. We advise you to take this rule into service.
Methods for making semolina porridge
In addition to the traditional method of cooking in a saucepan over an open fire or hob, semolina porridge on the water can also be made in a slow cooker. To do this, pour two tablespoons of cereal into a container, pour two glasses of water, add two teaspoons of sugar and a pinch of salt, mix with a spatula, close the lid and set the “Rice” mode. After 10 minutes, the porridge is ready. It can be supplemented with mouth-watering and healthy ingredients.
In addition, semolina porridge is rapidly cooked in the microwave. Pour a tablespoon of semolina into a deep plate, pour a glass of cold water, add two teaspoons of sugar, salt on the tip of a teaspoon, mix well and put in the oven for one and a half minutes (capacity 750). Then add oil, stir and again sent to the microwave at the same time. Ready porridge is enriched with vitamin supplements.
How to cook semolina so that children like it?
Manna porridge has been feeding children for a very long time. It is believed that it is very useful. However, her greatest merit is that she has the properties of swelling. Thus, getting into the stomach, it swells even more, which gives a feeling of satiety for a long time. Especially useful will be the children who go to school.Thus, it will be easier for them to hold out until noon.
In order for the porridge to please the children, just add the following ingredients to it:
- Candied fruits, dried fruits, fresh fruits, nuts.
- Honey, jam, jam, topping.
- Chocolate, marmalade, canned fruits.
- Sugar. The dish should be sweet, but in moderation.
Milk semolina is also a source of calcium, it strengthens the bones and nails of the child. Despite its positive properties, milk semolina is very high in calories, so it can only be consumed once a day. It is advisable in the morning that a feeling of fullness and energy gives you a boost of energy for the whole day.
What is the use of the dish
In semolina porridge there is not a large amount of fiber or vitamins, but it contains easily digestible protein and carbohydrates. She has the ability to energize the body for the whole day. This product is recommended for people who have stomach problems or a weakened gastrointestinal tract. It has an enveloping property, it is because of this that it helps to calm exacerbations of chronic diseases.
Being a source of calcium, this porridge helps strengthen teeth and bones. It is indicated for people with chronic fatigue and kidney failure. After serious illness or surgical intervention, as well as in the process of rehabilitation or with physical exhaustion, experts recommend using this particular product. And she is hypoallergenic.
But you must remember the fact that this product is quite high-calorie. For this reason, overweight people need to eat it, adhering to the dosage.
Cooking for children
They cook the dish in a mixture of water and milk, pure cow's milk is heavy food for the baby. For infants, liquid porridge is cooked so that it can be poured into a bottle. Salt is not added to the dish.
The ratio of products for 5% porridge (from 5 months):
- milk - 1 cup
- water - 1 glass,
- groats - 4 tsp
- sugar - 2 tsp.
For 10% porridge (from 6 months):
- milk - 3/4 cup,
- water - 1/2 cup,
- semolina - 1 tbsp. a spoon,
- sugar - 1 tsp.
The ratio of milk to water is selected depending on the tolerance of the product by the baby.
For a child from a year:
- milk - 125 ml
- water - 125 ml
- semolina - 4 tsp.
- sugar to taste.
The cooking method is the same as for regular semolina porridge. After boiling, the porridge is cooked for 2 minutes, then 10 minutes. insist under the lid. The porridge for the baby is cooled to the required temperature.
Starting at the age of three, a child’s porridge can be boiled in pure milk without adding water. If the child does not eat well, pour jams or other additives on the food and there will be no problem.
A child will eat well cooked porridge with pleasure
Advice! Mix semolina before filling in a liquid with a small amount of cocoa, and sprinkle the finished dish with grated chocolate. Children are happy to eat such a "chocolate" porridge.
An article on proper nutrition during breastfeeding can also be useful for young mothers:
Manna heaven or food for feasts
Perhaps the expression “manna from heaven” came to us from the Bible. But in Russian culture, it was entrenched precisely in relation to semolina. Until the Soviet period, it was considered not just a “delicacy”, but food for the holidays, feasts. In the XII century, the word porridge, which refers specifically to semolina, was associated exclusively with solemn feasts. Groats were not accessible to ordinary people, therefore only a few knew how to make semolina.
The reason for such a narrow distribution was the technique of producing cereals. Rather, flour, because semolina is a product of wheat processing. Tu grind finely and finely and pass through a sieve. The smallest grains are sifted out and packed up like flour. And a little larger, which do not pass through the sieves, are selected and called semolina.
So, in the XII century, which refers to the first mention of the product in Russian annals, the grinding technology was very expensive. It remained such for a very long time, right up to the Soviet period, when there were a lot of mills and bread became "the property of the people." Since then, semolina has become popular, but the traditions of its preparation have not been preserved. Therefore, it is cooked as it should. According to the culinary theorists, for example, the famous Russian historian and culinary specialist William Pokhlebkin, completely losing the taste and benefit of the product.
To cook a delicious porridge without lumps, you should stock up:
- powdered milk - 4.5 tbsp.,
- water - 0.5 l
- semolina - 80 g,
- salt - a pinch
- butter - for refueling,
- fruit, jam - optional.
Pour cereal with milk into a pan for cooking porridge and mix everything thoroughly. Next you need to send the remaining bulk components. Further, pure cold water is poured into the container and everything is thoroughly whipped.
When the mixture is ready, it must be put on fire and boiled after boiling, stirring constantly, for 4-6 minutes. If the dish during cooking seems thick, you can safely dilute it with boiled water. Add butter and sweetness to the finished dish.
How to cook semolina porridge in milk
Porridge is prepared in several ways. Each of them has different additional ingredients. This dish should be cooked in an enameled pan with thick walls or with a non-stick coating.
Cooked in a slow cooker this dairy dish will also have a great taste. In this miracle device, it will be cooked at the optimum temperature.
At the discretion of the hostess and her family, you can add a variety of dried fruits or fresh berries: prunes, dried apricots, raspberries, apples, raisins and others. Salt and granulated sugar are best added at the end, and then wait for the mass to boil. Oil must be put before serving in a plate.
In order for lumps not to form, it is necessary to constantly mix the mass.
Croup should be sprinkled in a thin stream into milk, which has already boiled. When falling asleep, it is necessary to vigorously stir the mass with the help of circular movements.
In order to avoid the appearance of lumps, it is necessary to pour the cereal into milk, and not vice versa (fill it with liquid). You can use a sieve for this purpose. With its help, the croup is scattered around the entire perimeter of the liquid and lumps will not work.
In order not to form a crust on the surface of the dish, it is necessary to sprinkle lightly with sugar on top. Although if the porridge is cooked correctly, then such a crust should not be.
In what proportions is it necessary to take water, milk and semolina in order to make the porridge tasty? This question is of interest to many housewives. Depending on what density of porridge you want, the ratio of products varies at your discretion. It is necessary to take into account the ratio of semolina cooked in milk. This affects the overall calorie content of the dish. This factor should be paid special attention to people who follow their figure. If you want the porridge to be more nutritious, then add more sugar or cereal.
There are several different opinions about the cooking time of this dish. It varies from 10 to 40 minutes. The more time you cook this delicacy, the more viscous it will be in consistency.
Useful properties of semolina porridge
Despite everything, semolina can not be called too useful a product. It contains a lot of starch, which can complicate the digestion of young children. That is why it is not recommended to give semolina to children under one year of age.
In favor of semolina porridge, I want to note that it is absorbed very quickly. And thanks to the enveloping action, it is able to saturate a person much faster. The feeling of satiety will last for a long time, so pediatricians advise schoolchildren to use this dish in the morning.To increase the usefulness and nutritional value of a dish, it is best to add some toppings in the form of candied fruits and fruits. It will also help if the child does not want to eat in the morning.
Despite its high satiety, the dish has a very low calorie content. Many girls are on a diet, actively consume semolina in food. However, for this, it must be prepared on water, without milk.
And most importantly - you can make semolina in 15 minutes. Every morning you can eat fresh food, which will undoubtedly have a beneficial effect on your intestines.
What to add - filler options
Semolina porridge is tasty in itself, but it becomes even tastier, served with all kinds of additives.
- Oil. Traditional supplement. Makes porridge more tasty and high-calorie. Instead of creamy, you can pour a little nutty.
- Dried fruits. Steam raisins, dried apricots, prunes or other fruits, cut large slices. Add to the finished dish.
- Fresh fruits and berries. Garnish porridge with fruit slices or berries. The taste will become more interesting, and the look more attractive.
- Jam, jam, jam, syrup. Children like these additives very much. Draw a funny face with syrup and the children will eat it with pleasure.
- Nuts. Peel the kernels and chop. Such porridge is not only tasty, but also healthy.
- Grated or melted chocolate. This supplement will make you eat the porridge of the most stubborn "sick".
- Vanillin. The sweet flavor of seasoning goes well with semolina. Add it to the dish during cooking.
- Cinnamon The spicy aroma of seasoning in combination with apple slices will give the dish a unique taste and aroma.
- Pumpkin This healthy fruit is also used raw, but it is better to extinguish it beforehand or add it during cooking.
- Fruit puree. Enriches the dish with vitamins and adds color to it.
- Fried onions. Unsweetened porridge on the water with this additive destroys the traditional idea of semolina porridge. It is delicious.
- The eggs. Semolina with the addition of eggs is called boubert. This is a national dish of German, Latvian and Estonian cuisines. For eggs of medium density, 2 eggs are taken from 1 cup of milk. Separately, the yolks with sugar are rubbed to a creamy consistency and the whites are whipped into a lush foam. The yolks are introduced into the finished dish, and then the proteins. Porridge turns out airy and very tasty.
How to cook semolina porridge in milk? The answer to this question is known to many. After all, it is with her that the morning of most children and adults begins. It should be noted that not every child likes to eat such a dish for breakfast. Often this is due to the fact that semolina was cooked incorrectly. So, it may turn out to be too thick or, on the contrary, too thin, with lumps, fresh, etc. To prevent such mistakes during the creation of a delicious and nutritious children's breakfast, we will present to your attention several ways of how to properly cook semolina porridge in milk .
The subtleties of cooking
How is semolina cooked? No need to think that the question of how to cook deliciously liquid semolina is extremely simple or akin to art. It has several subtleties that are important to consider. Due to their observance, the dish will turn out without lumps, and without the very hated “foam” that everyone remembers from childhood.
- The proportions of semolina in milk and water are the basis of a good dish. To make it moderately liquid, 100 grams of cereal should be used per 500 ml of water (milk).
- Pour the cereal through a sieve. So you eliminate the appearance of lumps in the dish. Semolina should be dispelled over boiling liquid and mixed vigorously.
- Mix without stopping. It is important that the grains do not stick together into lumps, and the porridge does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook quickly. When asked how much semolina porridge should be boiled, professional chefs answer: no more than two minutes! Pour the cereal into the pan, mix vigorously and turn it off after 2 minutes. Then cover and wrap with a towel.It is under the influence of steam that porridge should reach readiness. By the way, its temperature is higher than the liquid itself when boiling, so that the grains swell faster. Serve porridge can be 10 minutes after the "steam bath".
- Add extra ingredients after the porridge is cooked. A good choice for breakfast is to cook semolina porridge in milk and add butter, honey, fruits or bananas to it. Each ingredient goes well with the delicate flavor of the main product. But perhaps, having cooked the porridge correctly, you don’t want to sprinkle it with anything else but butter!
The very hated foam on the surface of the porridge appears due to prolonged cooking. While the cereal is boiling, starch and protein are destroyed in it, which then float to the surface. Such a product no longer has useful vitamins and valuable protein, its consistency is too thick, and the taste has been lost. Therefore, do not exceed the exposure time of cereals on fire!
Is there any harm from semolina porridge?
It is difficult to unequivocally answer this question. Harmful semolina will only be for those people who have congenital intolerance to gluten, since cereal is abundant. In this situation, people will have an allergic reaction after eating porridge.
In children under one year old, porridge can cause indigestion. In any case, before using it, you should consult your doctor.
Properly cooked semolina will only benefit you.
Now you know how to cook semolina porridge, which will appeal to both children and adults. From now on, it will not be a problem for you to feed your baby milk porridge, because you know the secrets of creating delicious dishes.
Today I tell in detail how to cook semolina easy, tasty and without lumps. You can cook semolina porridge both on the stove and in the slow cooker. Below I will consider both ways.
In my family, semolina porridge is one of the most delicious breakfast dishes, along with. Apparently, this is one of the combinations of products energetically related to me, because this porridge turns out to be so tender and tasty, fragrant, mmm ... that you immediately forget about its notorious uselessness, high calorie content, etc., etc. - and just enjoy it. Cooking this porridge is very easy, the main thing is to observe the proportions of semolina and milk. So, I'm sharing my recipe for semolina porridge.
It seems to some that there is no simpler semolina porridge than dishes, but there are nuances in its preparation. In this article, we have covered the secrets of cooking it, and now you know how to cook semolina without lumps. You have the opportunity to prepare interesting desserts based on it, for example, cold pudding, in taste it will not be inferior to the famous panna cotta.
Create, success to you!
Cooking sweet semolina porridge in milk without lumps is not an easy task. Previously, any mother could handle it, since liquid semolina on milk was the main diet of young children. But adherents of a healthy diet have recently downplayed the nutritional value and usefulness of semolina and many completely stopped cooking it. We will tell you how to cook liquid semolina porridge, how to cook and serve it. My child in childhood was a little boy, refused many dishes, but ate semolina perfectly, so at one time I cooked it often and became a specialist in cooking this porridge.
Useful properties of the dish
Before you learn about how to cook semolina porridge in milk, you should talk about its beneficial properties.
Semolina is the only cereal that is digested only in the lower part of the gastric tract. It is here that its assimilation and complete absorption occurs. Thus, moving throughout the intestines, it cleanses it of the existing mucus and removes all excess fats. In this regard, it is recommended to use it for those who have obvious problems with the digestive tract.
Semolina is a product that is obtained by processing wheat grains. Its composition is quite diverse. So, the mentioned product contains protein, minerals, as well as vitamins of group B and PP. Although it should be noted that their concentration is slightly lower than in other cereals.
There is practically no fiber in semolina. Moreover, it consists of 2/3 of starch. Thanks to this, such porridge is cooked quickly, but it turns out to be very tasty and satisfying.
The unpretentiousness of the product is manifested in the possibility of its preparation both on the gas stove, and in the microwave, in absolutely any dishes, porridge is cooked with any additives. But only in the pan and under the influence of its own steam does the croup reach perfectly, acquires the optimal consistency. The grains in it are preserved whole, distinguishable, and the taste is saturated and rich.
But if there is no time or desire to warm the milk on the stove or stir the porridge, you can use the microwave. The simplest recipe for liquid semolina porridge is to mix a glass of cold milk with two teaspoons of sugar and a pinch of salt, pour 2 tablespoons of cereal and put in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. After the signal, add a slice of butter and put on for another 1.5 minutes. The quick dish is ready.
We will try how to cook semolina porridge correctly, using the advice of professional chefs. So we find out what is the true taste of cereals, which in Russia was considered the food of the rich and "manna from heaven."
How to cook delicious semolina - basic rules
For the preparation of semolina, it is better to use a pan or a stewpan with a thick bottom and walls - this will help to avoid burning milk, the dish will warm evenly during cooking. I used a teflon stewpan in the form of a Rondell bucket, nothing pestered him and he washed very easily. Porridge was disturbed by a wooden spoon.
Porridge is cooked quickly, it is not recommended to leave the stove, otherwise milk may run away, you need to monitor the porridge and stir it.
To make porridge of uniform consistency, it is necessary to observe the proportions of milk and semolina - for 250 ml or 1 cup of milk we take 1 tablespoon of semolina. In this case, the manna porridge will be liquid. This portion is enough for one child. Sugar is added as desired, but not more than 1 dessert spoon. You can add honey or jam, but they are added to the already slightly cooled porridge.
Some housewives claim that pre-soaking will help to avoid the appearance of lumps. Mix cereals with salt and sugar, pour cold milk, leave for 5 minutes. Stir, cook over low heat until it boils, then reduce heat to a minimum, cook for another 2 minutes. Our recipe also offers a cooking method with soaking in water. But this method is longer. I just added semolina to cold milk, put the saucepan on the stove and stir all the time. The fire of course should be weak. Do not leave the stove, stir all the time, wait for it to boil and turn it off. Semolina porridge will be ready, it only needs to be cooled and add flavoring seasonings. Children do not need to add butter to a plate.
To prepare delicious semolina porridge, it is very important to choose the right cereal. It should be small, clean, dry, without a lot of dark crumbs.
You can cook such porridge from:
- semolina - 2 tablespoons,
- milk - 200 ml
- water - 200 ml
Water and milk are mixed and put on fire. After boiling, cereal with sugar is added to them and everything is cooked for 4 minutes. If the baby is small, up to 8 months of age, you can add more milk. Sugar is added to children in small quantities. Older children can cook the finished dish with their favorite jam or chocolate.
How harmful is semolina for a child?
High gluten content and the presence of carbohydrates are the main factors in which the benefits of such porridge for adults and the harm to small children are.So, the gluten created by the protein gliodin can easily cause allergies. Moreover, excessive consumption of gluten can cause celiac disease. It should also be noted that in such a porridge contains phytin, saturated with phosphorus, which, reacting with calcium, prevents the assimilation of the latter. And in order to replenish mineral reserves, the parathyroid glands extract it from the bones, which is very harmful for the growing body. That is why milk semolina should not be present in the daily diet of a small child. To obtain useful substances it is enough to use it two or three times a week.
A great dish for a children's breakfast, the preparation of which will take a minimum of time.
You will need:
- milk - 500 ml
- semolina - 100 g,
- butter - 20 g,
- sugar - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Pour the cereal into a sieve, gradually “develop” over the pan, stirring continuously.
- Boil for 2 minutes without stopping stirring.
- Turn off the gas, cover the pan with a towel.
- Add a slice of butter and sugar after 10 minutes, mix and serve.
In a similar way, a porridge is prepared on water, after cooking it can be flavored not with sugar, but with salt and onion frying. Such a breakfast may seem unusual, but it was in this form that cereals were often served in old Russian cuisine.
How to cook semolina porridge, recipe:
- Add sugar and salt to milk, over medium heat in a saucepan, bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally so as not to burn.
- Pour semolina into a convenient cup and, when the milk begins to boil, from the cup with a thin stream, you can with short pauses, slowly add semolina, continuously stirring the contents of the pan in one direction.
- Reduce the fire, let the porridge boil for a couple of minutes, add the butter, stir it well and turn off the stove.
- We cover the pan with a lid and let the porridge stand for 5-10 minutes.
Everything, delicious liquid semolina porridge is ready. Before serving, you can add more oil directly to the plate. If you like thick semolina porridge, then instead of 4 spoons of semolina take 5, and before the end of the semolina do not add oil to the pan - this will make the porridge thicken much faster.
Three cooking methods
- The version is classic: a pan is placed on the stove and left unattended right up to the moment when it boils and boils (and for now you can do any household chores), then the cereal is poured, and then it’s enough to perform the action for some two to three minutes ( mean stirring), and the result will not be long in coming. Yes, with a high degree of probability, lumps will occur. To avoid them, you’ll have to intervene intensively, but this does not guarantee uniformity,
- The method is more correct: put the liquid in the pan on the stove, into which immediately everything is filled, including salt and sugar. It is better to start light stirring immediately, directly, slowly and methodically (it will take 5-7 minutes), and increase the intensity only when the boil begins. In a minute, the contents will reach the desired consistency,
- A compromise option for those who do not have enough time: cereals can be poured into hot, but not boiling water. Put on medium heat. Almost immediately, you can sweeten, salt and, stirring, wait until boiling and complete readiness. Remove from the stove and let it stand under the lid for about 5 minutes.
Semolina porridge in milk: recipe
There are few ways to cook such a dish. It can be done in milk, in water, or using both of these ingredients. It should also be noted that many housewives cook semolina not only on the stove, but also in a slow cooker, oven, and even in a double boiler.
So, before you make semolina porridge in milk using a conventional stove, you should purchase the following products in advance:
- fresh rustic milk - 2 faceted glasses,
- granulated sugar - ½ large spoon (add to taste),
- small salt - ¼ dessert spoon (add to taste),
- drinking water - ½ faceted glass,
- semolina - 3 large spoons,
- butter - 30-47 g (add to taste).
Recipes for making semolina in milk
There are many recipes for making this treat in milk. Given the desire of your family and you, you can change the taste by adding dried fruits, honey, chocolate or sugar. In addition to the usual sweet dish, some housewives cook it with the addition of salt.
The finished semolina consistency can be thick, liquid or even mousse.
This option of semolina with a banana will diversify the children's menu. And perhaps it will reconcile with her adults, in whose memory semolina remained an unloved porridge from the kindergarten canteen.
You will need:
- milk - 1 l
- semolina - 200 g,
- butter - 50 g,
- bananas - 2 medium-sized fruits,
- sugar - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Remove the oil, leave to soften at room temperature.
- Boil the milk, reduce the heat and gradually pour the cereal. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, mix, remove from heat, leave under the lid.
- Beat the bananas with butter.
- Put the banana mixture in the porridge, mix.
This recipe is tasty and healthy. Banana will fill the breakfast with valuable elements, because it is rich in potassium and vitamins. The fruit is well absorbed and for a long time supports the feeling of satiety.
Preparing a product based on:
- semolina - 4 tablespoons,
- butter - 25 g,
- milk - 0.4 l
- sugar - 2 tbsp.,
- dried fruits, honey.
To prevent milk from burning, first the cooking vessel is rinsed with cold water, then it is filled with milk. When the white liquid boils, you need to pour semolina with sugar into it, constantly stirring at the same time. When the porridge is ready, it should be seasoned with oil and serve. Jam or honey is added as desired.
How to cook semolina in a slow cooker
In my case, this is a Panasonic JT-181 with a power of 670 watts.
To cook semolina porridge in a slow cooker, use the same ratio of ingredients as in the recipe above. It will turn out even tastier if 150 ml of the total amount of milk is replaced by 150 ml of boiled water. The whole point of successful semolina porridge is that for 1 tablespoon semolina you need 150 ml of liquid. In a slow cooker, semolina porridge turns out to be extremely tender, because the temperature of cooking porridge is automatically 90 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix the semolina with sugar and salt. Constantly stirring, add milk in a small stream and pour the contents of the bowl into the slow cooker. These manipulations can be done directly in the cartoon, but, IMHO, it’s better not to scratch the delicate surface of the electric assistant once again with sugar.
- Put pieces of butter in the milk mixture.
- We turn on the multicooker in the "Porridge" mode and turn off the cartoon after 40 minutes, without waiting for the completion of the automatic program. Let it brew for 10 minutes, and you can eat. If you forget to turn off the multicooker in time and it will go through the entire cycle of the “Porridge” mode to the end, you risk getting a semolina casserole, so be careful, set a timer or an alarm on the phone.
These recipes for making semolina porridge have been repeatedly tested by me and they can be safely used without fear of unpleasant surprises. Now you know how to cook semolina. I hope the results will please you. In order not to miss the new proven simple recipes, you can subscribe to the newsletter and receive them directly to your e-mail.
How to cook semolina for breakfast? To do this, use a small thick-walled pan. It is necessary to pour a little drinking water and fresh village milk into it. Next, the dishes with the contents must be put on the stove and brought to a boil. At the same time, milk should be carefully monitored so that it does not “run away”. After this, pour semolina into the boiling liquid.And it is advisable to do this gradually so that lumps do not form in the porridge.
In summer, you can try making semolina with fruits or berries. A great choice for porridge is strawberries. You need a lot of berries so that the dish gets a rich taste. And also increase the amount of sugar, because strawberries can give cereal an unpleasant acidity.
You will need:
- milk - 1 l
- semolina - 200 g,
- strawberries - 500 g
- sugar - 200 g.
- Pour the cereal into boiling milk. Leave on low heat for a couple of minutes, stirring continuously. Turn off the gas, cover the porridge with a lid.
- Pound sugar with strawberries. It is convenient to whip the mass in a blender.
- Pour in the strawberry mass porridge laid out in portioned plates. Serve warm.
Such a dish can be an unexpected tasty dessert for a children's table. You can decorate it when serving with whole berries.
Now you know what semolina porridge is made of and what are the rules for its preparation. We hope that a tasty and healthy product will be more common on your table!
This recipe tells you how to cook semolina without lumps.
Semolina porridge is a dish familiar to many from early childhood. Especially those who attended kindergarten. Even now they like to cook semolina in various health-improving institutions (hospitals, sanatoriums, recreation centers, children's camps) because of its quick preparation and relative cheapness.
Semolina is cooked from semolina, which is made from wheat grain. Semolina is a product of its coarse grinding.
Many do not like semolina. Basically, this is not love from childhood. And it is associated not so much with taste as with nasty lumps that came across in kindergarten semolina. Lumps are obtained when semolina is poured into a hot liquid immediately in large volumes and is not well mixed.
At home, cooking semolina porridge is very easy. Its composition can be selected depending on the taste. The basis of porridge is semolina. The density of cereal depends on the ratio of cereals and liquid: you can cook porridge so that the spoon stands, but you can liquid. It all depends on your addiction.
Cooking porridge is better with whole milk, but you can also diluted with water: ¾ cup of milk and ¼ water. Salt, sugar and, of course, butter are added to taste. Indeed, popular wisdom says: you can’t spoil the porridge with butter. Butter can be added when cooking in a saucepan or already in the finished porridge directly into the plate.
Often, semolina in the family is cooked only for the child, so the recipe is for 1 serving.
How to make liquid semolina porridge in milk
Prepare all the ingredients for boiling milk semolina. Milk is suitable for any home or store. Just make sure it is fresh - a stale product may curl when heated, spoil the taste of the dish.
Pour milk into a pot with a thick bottom and walls, put on fire when the cereal is almost ready.
Prepare semolina. Measure out 2 tbsp. l with a slide of semolina, sift it through a sieve to clean it of excess impurities.
Pour the cereal with water, mix, drain it gently.
We wash the groats, but if you have small and white grains without black specks, then this is optional. When buying, pay attention to cereals, very often in the sale of cereals with a yellow color with large grains. White with very small grains will be tastier, as a rule, it costs more. It is not necessary to wash it.
We rinse the cereal several times until the water becomes clear.
Transfer the washed semolina to a pan with milk, immediately stir with a spoon. To avoid the appearance of lumps, semolina should be covered with a thin stream. Milk should not boil, it is better that it is warm, it can be a little hot.
Put on a small fire, bring the milk and cereals to a boil, stirring the mass with a spoon.
When the porridge boils, add sugar to your liking. Our family loves not very sweet porridge, so 1.5 tbsp. l sugar is the ideal amount.
Stir the contents of the pan, cook over low heat porridge for another half a minute. During this time, semolina will swell, porridge will become more viscous. If it seems to you that it is too liquid - do not worry, when cooling the semolina porridge in milk thickens a little, the consistency will become ideal.
Pour the porridge portionwise into plates and add a cube of butter to each plate. In fatty homemade milk, butter, you can not add. For children and adults with stomach and pancreas problems, butter can also be omitted, semolina itself is very nutritious and high in calories.
Serve liquid semolina porridge with hot milk, pouring it with cherry jam, garnishing with fresh mint leaves. Delicious semolina is obtained with slices of fruits, berries from jam or dried fruits.
You can cook liquid semolina porridge in milk in a slow cooker - it will turn out homogeneous, without lumps, milk will not run away. It takes 20 minutes to cook, it should be cooked in the "multi-cook" or "milk porridge" mode.
Liquid semolina is an excellent option for a full breakfast. It contains enough fiber and slow carbohydrates so that you do not feel hungry for a long time. But for dinner this dish is heavy, it will be difficult for the stomach to process it, in the morning an unpleasant heaviness in the stomach may appear.
Semolina porridge with milk and butter
Semolina porridge with milk is a traditional breakfast meal for children, which every mother can cook.
And if you are just starting to cook and do not yet know how to make semolina porridge, what is the sequence of actions, how to cook semolina porridge without lumps, then our recipe is for you.
Everything is very simple. Let's cook delicious, sweet semolina in milk! It will appeal to both children and adults.
The correct semolina should be cooked for about 15 minutes (after directly boiling the dairy product). During this time, excess moisture will evaporate, and semolina semolina will completely boil, making the dish even more tender and tasty.
Recipe for semolina porridge of medium density per serving.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of semolina without a stack,
- salt and sugar to taste.
How to cook semolina without lumps
- Cook semolina porridge should be in an aluminum bowl, for convenience, preferably with a long handle. Rinse dry dishes with cold water (so that milk does not stick).
- Pour cold milk into it, add the cereal and other components (salt, sugar, butter) and mix. EXACTLY IN COLD, to completely eliminate the formation of lumps during cooking.
- Put the pan on medium heat and, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Boil the porridge for 5 minutes over low heat with continuous stirring.
- Then cover and let stand for another 10 minutes. Pour the finished porridge into a plate and add a slice of butter (if not added “to var”).
Thick semolina porridge - how to cook correctly
In order for the consistency of the dish to be thick, you need to take a larger amount of cereal. Consider the fact that the longer it languishes, the greater its viscosity. This delicacy can also be prepared on the basis of baked milk. So it will be even tastier. The approximate cooking time of such porridge is 25 minutes.
You will need such products:
- Semolina - 50 grams.
- Fresh milk - 500 milliliters.
- Salt - 2.5 grams.
- Butter - 20 grams.
- Pour into a liquid in a saucepan and boil it.
- After boiling, pour semolina and bring the mass to a boil.
- Add salt and simmer over a low heat for 7 minutes.
- When you serve the dish to the table, put butter on a plate.
For 1-2 servings of the dish you will need:
- semolina - 2.5 tablespoons,
- sugar - 2, 5 tsp,
- milk - 250 ml
- some salt.
In a separate container, you need to mix bulk products, then pour them into a cooking container and add milk. In the microwave, the dish should be cooked at full power, for 4 minutes.Every 60 seconds it needs to be removed and stirred to achieve the perfect consistency.
Doctors and nutritionists around the world advise you not to get carried away with semolina porridge, cooking it only several times a week as a supplement to the main diet. For children and people with problems in the digestive tract, it is better to cook the product in non-fat milk, with the addition of honey and dried fruits.
Semolina porridge is boiled quickly, boiled well, provides a feeling of satiety for a long time. Previously, it was considered almost the main dish in the children's menu. Today, many of the myths regarding the benefits of decoy for the child’s body are dispelled, but it is still a popular product, and every self-respecting housewife knows how to cook porridge from it. This dish is not only tasty, but also useful for most people over two years old, well suited for breakfast. If you still do not know how to cook semolina, it’s time to fill this gap. Such a skill will almost certainly come in handy for any cook.
Porridge cooked in water and milk
This cooking option is the most common. The dish has a moderate amount of kilocalories. It is recommended to add fruits or dried fruits to such a delicacy according to your desire and taste. You can take figs, dried apricots, prunes or raisins. And still very often various kinds of nuts are added here: cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts and others. They will increase the nutritional value of food. The approximate cooking time is 30 minutes.
In order to prepare such a treat you need to take the following components:
- Fresh milk - 250 milliliters.
- Drinking water - 50 milliliters.
- Dried fruits - 30 grams.
- Groats - 30 grams.
- Salt - 0.5 pinches.
- Sugar - 0.5 tablespoons of the dining room.
Cooking consists of the following steps:
- Pour cold water into the bottom of the pan and heat it.
- Pour fresh milk here and pour the cereal.
- Put the washed dried fruit in a saucepan with a mass that is cooked. After boiling the mass, put salt and granulated sugar in it.
- Turn off the heat and cover the mass with a lid so that it can infuse.
Benefit for health
Recently, information about the futility of semolina has begun to appear on the Internet. This is not a completely correct statement. Semolina contains a significant amount of potassium and proteins, minerals and vitamins (B1, E). But fiber is completely absent, so the digestibility of semolina is almost 100%. Semolina is indispensable in the nutrition of children, as well as people suffering from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and exhaustion. Semolina is not recommended for patients with diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis and overweight people. The benefits of porridge can be estimated at four.
Cooking sweet semolina porridge in milk without lumps is not an easy task. Previously, any mother could handle it, since liquid semolina on milk was the main diet of young children. But adherents of a healthy diet have recently downplayed the nutritional value and usefulness of semolina and many completely stopped cooking it. We will tell you how to cook liquid semolina porridge, how to cook and serve it. My child in childhood was a little boy, refused many dishes, but ate semolina perfectly, so at one time I cooked it often and became a specialist in cooking this porridge.
After the semolina swells, forming not very liquid, but not too thick porridge, salt and sugar should be added to it to taste. Moreover, this should be done before removing the dish from the stove. After all, if you add all the necessary spices at the very beginning of cooking, then you risk getting salted or over-sweetened porridge. This is due to the fact that during heat treatment, milk and water will necessarily evaporate a little.
At the end, a small amount of butter should be added to the finished semolina, close with a lid and leave for 5-9 minutes.
Porridge with condensed milk
This delicacy will appeal to even the most fastidious baby.It is prepared without the addition of granulated sugar. And all for the reason that condensed milk is already sweet. The calorie content of such a dish is high, so such a product is best consumed for breakfast. You can add butter, but it will only saturate your dish even more.
For cooking, the following ingredients are needed:
Preparation includes the following stages:
- Pour water into the pan and heat it.
- Add condensed milk to the container with the liquid.
- Salt the mass and pour in the cereal (constantly stirring).
- As soon as the mass thickens, it is necessary to turn off the fire and let the delicacy brew for some time.
Cooking cereals is the very basics of culinary excellence. Previously, beginning housewives began their acquaintance with the art of cooking with the preparation of this type of dish. And one of the first they learned to cook semolina. The first experience in preparing this dish often turns out to be sad: the porridge comes out either too thin or too steep, burns, it contains hard lumps that are unpleasant to taste. All these troubles can be avoided by getting the expected result the first time, if you know and take into account several points.
- Semolina turns out to be tastier if it is cooked in milk or at least with its addition. However, when cooking porridge with milk, water is added to it, at least a spoon, which is poured into the bottom of the pan before filling it with milk. This helps prevent milk from burning. For the same purpose, the pan is rinsed with cold water before cooking semolina.
- Choosing a pan for making porridge is of great importance. Tanks with a double bottom showed themselves best. Due to the lack of contact of the bottom of the inner container with fire, porridge never burns to it. A pot with a thick bottom and a high-quality non-stick coating will be a good choice. Semolina can be cooked in a slow cooker, in it it also will not burn.
- When cooking porridge from semolina in a slow cooker, a mixture of water and milk in various proportions is usually used.
- Semolina does not require preliminary preparation, it does not need to be sorted out or washed. It is important only to measure the required amount before the liquid in the pan boils. After all, it will be necessary to enter it in a thin stream, while stirring the contents of the pan.
- Some housewives are moving away from the classic technology of making porridge from semolina. They do not pour it into boiling liquid, but do the opposite. The semolina is mixed with a small amount of cool water and, stirring, pour part of the boiling milk into it. After that, the resulting mixture is already introduced into the main liquid, also stirring it intensively.
- If you stir the porridge not with a spoon, but with a spatula or even a whisk, the risk of lumps in it will decrease.
- Semolina is made from wheat by grinding it. If it is made of durum cereal, the packaging with it is marked “T”. The letter “M” on the packaging with semolina indicates that the cereal is made from soft wheat. Sometimes there is a marking "TM". This means that semolina is made from wheat of different varieties, but nevertheless in its composition must be at least 20% of cereals from durum wheat. Soft wheat semolina is less useful, but it boils faster, it is usually used for making porridge.
- Cooking time for semolina porridge can be different, it depends on the ratio of water and milk, the type of wheat from which the cereal is made, the method of cooking. Semolina is boiled for 4–5 minutes in water, 7–10 minutes in milk, and 5–7 minutes in a mixture of water and milk.
- In a slow cooker semolina porridge is cooked for half an hour. For its preparation, the “Milk porridge” mode is suitable, and in its absence, any other one intended for cooking cereals. It can be called “Pilaf,” “Rice,” “Krupa,” “Porridge,” “Buckwheat,” or otherwise.Some housewives advise to step aside from the recommendations of multicooker manufacturers and cook semolina porridge in a stew mode, claiming that only then it turns out without lumps.
- Semolina turns out to be tastier if it is boiled with sugar and salt, and at the end add a piece of butter. If you want to add jam, raisins or something else to the porridge, they are also laid in the already prepared or almost ready porridge.
Butter, jam and other sweets can be put in a plate with porridge when it is served to the table, and not during its preparation.
Dry porridge with milk
This kind of porridge from the usual is no different. If you have only powdered milk in your home, then you can also cook the perfect tasty treat without lumps on it. The main difficulty in the cooking process is to achieve mass uniformity. To enhance the taste, you can add jam, chopped fruits or chocolate at the request of the hostess.
In order to cook such porridge you will need such products:
- Powdered milk - 2.5 tablespoons.
- Water - 300 milliliters.
- Semolina - 35 grams.
- Salt - 0.5 pinches.
- Sugar - 1.25 tablespoons.
- Chocolate, jam and fruit to taste.
- Water should be heated to 40 degrees.
- Pour the powder into a separate container and pour water in a thin stream. All this is done with gentle mixing until a liquid consistency is achieved.
- After that, the mass is put on fire and brought to a boil.
- After boiling, pour the cereal, salt and granulated sugar into the liquid.
- In this mode, the porridge must be cooked for 7 minutes, and then turn off the fire.
- When you serve the dish to the table, you can vary it with various sweets.
Proportions: cereal to liquid ratio
When cooking cereals, to obtain the expected result, it is necessary to strictly observe the correct ratio of cereals and liquids. Often when cooking milk porridge milk is added a little more than water. In the case of semolina porridge this rule is violated: regardless of whether it is prepared on water or milk, the amount of liquid required is the same. However, the more water there is and the less milk, the more viscous the porridge will turn out.
- To obtain semi-viscous semolina porridge (and it is usually done just that), 10 parts of milk or water are taken for 1 part of cereal.
- To obtain viscous porridge proportions, the following are recommended: 1 part cereal in 8 parts liquid (milk, water, or mix them).
- If you want to make liquid porridge, take 12 parts of liquid for 1 part of cereal.
When cooking porridge in a slow cooker the ratio is used a little different: to get thick porridge for 1 part semolina take 6 parts of milk diluted with water, semi-liquid - 8 parts, liquid - 10 parts.
Important! Semolina contains a significant amount of potassium, magnesium and phosphorus, it contains a lot of calcium. This makes it useful for strengthening the heart muscle, bone tissue. However, the high content of phytin in it prevents the absorption of calcium and vitamin D, which is not too good for young children.
Being the only cereal that is absorbed in the lower intestine, semolina gently cleanses it of mucus and fat. At the same time, it envelops the intestines, which makes it useful in various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. However, the high content of gluten in it makes it dangerous for children under the age of 1.5–2 years and for older people, as well as for those who suffer from gluten intolerance.
Calorie content semolina is 326 kcal; porridge made from it is from 80 to 150 kcal, depending on the recipe used.
What to do with the remnants of semolina porridge
If you didn’t eat all the porridge at once, then the leftovers can be consumed cold the next day as a dessert - just pour jam.
The cooled porridge can be combined with butter (take the same amount of butter as porridge), add powdered sugar or sugar to taste and beat well.You will get a great cream with semolina porridge, which you can spread with a bun or biscuit. Or any other cake for the cake.
And you can lay out this cream with a beautiful curl using a pastry bag and supplement with berries (strawberries, raspberries, etc.). Can be added to semolina and banana (crushed in a mashed potato crush).
This is a strawberry on a cream of semolina, butter and banana. Everything is very simple.
In addition, semolina porridge can be added to the dough of ordinary biscuit pies, it will replace a part of the dough and it will be delicious.
How to cook semolina porridge on water recipe
In general, it’s easy to cook tasty semolina porridge in water without milk, the main thing is to know and take into account some of the subtleties of cooking.
First, you need to correctly calculate the amount of water and cereals needed for the recipe. Secondly, remember that semolina sticks together very quickly and forms lumps, so when stirring, constant stirring is required to make porridge without lumps.
We should not forget that semolina porridge on the water should be prepared exclusively from fresh cereals. And if the product has an expiration date, then it cannot be used.
So, for two full servings of porridge without milk on water, you will need the following ingredients:
- Semolina - 6 tablespoons,
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons or to taste,
- Salt - one pinch
- Water - 4 glasses
- Butter - 2 tablespoons or to taste.
It should be clarified that sugar, butter can be added to the recipe, but not used in porridge, it’s already a matter of taste.
Cooking porridge in a slow cooker
Semolina in the Polaris multicooker turns out to be even more delicious than on the stove. This is due to the fact that in such a kitchen device there is a special program called “Porridge”. When this mode is activated, the milk dish will languish at low power, but under high pressure. This will contribute to the fact that you get a very tasty and nutritious, and most importantly, healthy porridge, which you can heartily feed all family members.
So, semolina in the Polaris multicooker. Ingredients:
- fresh rustic milk - 3 faceted glasses,
- semolina - 4 large spoons,
- granulated sugar - add to taste,
- small salt - add to taste,
- drinking water - 1 faceted glass,
- ground cinnamon - a pinch (add to taste in the finished dish),
- Fresh butter - 45-55 g (add to taste).
Semolina porridge in a slow cooker
To make such porridge you will need:
The cooking method is as follows:
- Groats are poured into the bowl of the multicooker and poured with water and fresh cold milk.
- Throw granulated sugar, butter to taste and salt.
- We close the multicooker lid and turn on the “milk porridge” mode.
- After that, we wait until the device reports readiness.
Semolina porridge is familiar to many people - this is the simplest cooking dish that boils quickly and satisfies hunger. According to information from Russian chronicles of the 12th century, semolina was used as a festive dish.
Manka cannot boast of an abundance of vitamins and minerals, like other cereals. But, if you cook it with a prescription with the name, it becomes healthy, tasty and satisfying.
The peculiarity of semolina is that it can be called cereal with a stretch - this is most likely flour. There is also little fiber in semolina, so
Semolina is useful in diseases of the digestive tract. Thanks to its enveloping effect, semolina relieves spasms in gastritis and ulcers. Recommend it to food and after operations.
Many housewives use semolina as a natural thickener. They add it to sauces, creams, meatballs - and even to the dough.
Caution should be taken for semolina for those people who have diabetes. Since semolina contains free sugars, which increase the glycemic index.
How to choose high-quality semolina?
When our children were small (and this was many years ago) - there was no choice in buying semolina. Now, in modern retail chains, there is a choice.So let's talk about this right choice. Choose the right cereal - cook a delicious porridge.
Semolina - a product of coarse grinding of wheat grains. They produce it both in accordance with GOST and technical specifications. It is produced from three categories of wheat:
Most often in stores there is semolina from durum wheat, labeled "T". Such cereal is suitable for the preparation of Guryev porridge, pies, casseroles, cakes.
Cereals made from soft sorts of grain labeled “M” and mixtures of sorts “MT” are slightly cheaper and have a richer flavor.
Take the package in your hands - if it is cold, most likely the cereal is too wet. High humidity in semolina is the reason for the formation of lumps and the development of pathogenic bacteria. It is in semolina that the food moth is most often hidden - so shake the bag to make sure that the cereal has not stuck due to cobwebs. And then, along with a low-quality product, bring home also pests.
Proper and healthy semolina is dry and crumbly, without lumps or foreign particles. She never dusts. The formation of dust is inherent in feed varieties that are not suitable for food.
An important indicator is the degree of grinding. To determine whether the particle size is normal, the cereal is passed through a sieve. The smaller the size of the grains, the more tender the consistency of the finished dish.
Semolina is stored for 6 to 10 months. It is important that the product does not get sunlight - this can affect the taste.
How to cook semolina porridge
If you or your child can’t tolerate milk or milk is over, you can boil semolina porridge in the water (then add more oil to make the porridge tastier and any dried fruits, berries, fresh fruits). Or on a juice - cranberry, beet, cherry and any other, tasty juice. , there are examples of juices for dessert semolina porridge and photos.
In addition, you can cook semolina porridge on a thick berry compote (only strain it beforehand so that there are no pieces of berries). Or cocoa.
For semolina porridge, highly diluted condensed milk is also suitable (to the state of ordinary milk). So we cooked porridge on condensed milk for our young children in Soviet times, when there was no milk in the house. And in the store too. Condensed milk for semolina needs to be diluted with water because it is very thick and will immediately stick to the pan, and the porridge will be very sweet.
Today we will talk in detail about how to cook semolina without lumps. Indeed, many housewives refuse this useful and very tasty dish just because they do not have the slightest idea how to make it homogeneous and have the correct consistency. To correct this situation, in this article it was decided to present several options for the preparation of semolina porridge. Which one is the best is up to you.
Cooking semolina porridge in milk
Not everyone knows, but such a simple dish has many cooking options. Someone makes it only on fresh milk, someone - on plain water, and someone even uses the two mentioned ingredients at the same time. Consider each of the options in more detail.
Cooking semolina porridge in milk is quite easy and simple. To do this, we may need components such as:
- fat fresh milk as much as possible - 1 faceted glass,
- semolina - 4 dessert spoons,
- granulated sugar - add to taste (approximately 1-1.5 dessert spoons),
- medium-sized salt - a couple of small pinches,
- creamy fresh butter - 12-15 g (add to the finished dish).
Features of the composition of semolina - nutritional value of 100 g of the product
- Proteins - 10 g
- Carbohydrates - 67 g
- Fats - 1 g
- Vitamins - B1, B2, B6, B9, PP, E
- Trace elements - iron, zinc, copper, manganese, chromium, fluorine
- The energy value of dry cereals - 320 kcal
- Glycemic Index - 60 - 65
- Gluten free
The glycemic index is an indicator that determines how much the level of sugar in the blood rises with the use of a particular product.
Gluten, also known as gluten, is a protein complex found in most crops and cereals, which can cause a severe allergic reaction in some people. Chronic gluten intolerance - celiac disease - occurs in about one in one hundred inhabitants of the planet.
How to present to breakfast?
Semolina should be served for breakfast in a warm or hot condition. It must be laid out in a deep plate, and sprinkled with ground cinnamon on top. In addition to this dish, you can make a sandwich, which is done as follows: you need to take a thin slice of fresh white bread, spread butter on it, and place a plate of hard cheese on top. It is also recommended to serve hot strong sweet tea for breakfast. Bon Appetit!
Semolina porridge: How to cook semolina porridge without lumps?
To avoid the appearance of lumps, semolina, constantly stirring, is poured into boiling milk in a thin stream. Approximate ratio: 1.5 tablespoons of cereal is taken for 1.5 cups of water or milk.
After the porridge has boiled, it needs to be cooked for 4 to 5 minutes (the usual cooking method). Better to use
But there is another way that not everyone uses. The famous Russian historian and culinary specialist, William Pokhlebkin, advises pouring semolina into milk through a sieve and boiling for no more than 1 - 2 minutes. Then cover and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
The taste of such porridge will be different - it is better oiled, and an unpleasant film will not appear on its surface. The secret here is that porridge is not cooked, but “stubborn”, at which time it has a special taste, about which not all housewives know.
The taste of such regular porridge differs from porridge cooked in the usual way. In such porridge, even small, separately existing grains can be distinguished. With this method, semolina porridge is more digested than when boiled. Since the temperature of the steam of milk under the closed lid is higher than the temperature of the milk itself, cooked with the lid open. That's the whole secret number 1.
There is another way of cooking, let's call it - secret number 2. For this, semolina must be heated in a frying pan with butter until slightly yellowed, but not allowed to burn. Then pour milk or a mixture of water with milk, where the water would be a little more than half. Pour right in a deep pan, you can enamel.
Stir quickly after pouring and let it boil for 2 - 3 minutes. Then close tightly with a lid and also stand until completely swollen. Such porridge is even tastier!
Take on both of these ways. The first method is more suitable for baby food, and the second method is for an adult.
Semolina porridge in the microwave
- semolina - 30 g,
- salt is a pinch
- sugar - 5 g
- vanilla sugar - 5 g,
- milk - 0.25 l
- water - 50 ml
- butter - 30 g,
- almond chips, chocolate chips (optional) - for serving.
- In a dish suitable for cooking in a microwave oven, put the oil sliced into thin slices.
- Boil milk mixed with water in a saucepan.
- In a separate container, mix the semolina with vanilla and regular sugar, a pinch of salt. Pour the dry mixture into a bowl of oil.
- Pour the dry mixture with hot milk. Put in the microwave.
- Turn on the stove at maximum power for 5 minutes.
- Stir the porridge. Put in the microwave again and cook for another 5 minutes.
After spreading the porridge on plates, sprinkle it with almond chips and chocolate chips. Other serving options are possible - it all depends on the imagination of the cook and his gastronomic preferences.
Semolina porridge in the oven
Surprisingly, semolina can be made not only on the stove or in the slow cooker, but also in the oven. True, such a dish is more like a casserole.However, it can also be served to the child before school as a tasty and nutritious breakfast.
To make semolina porridge in the oven, we need:
Semolina porridge with banana
- semolina - 100 g,
- milk - 1 l
- bananas - 0.3 kg
- sugar - 60 g
- butter - 50 g.
- Remove the oil from the refrigerator in advance, so that by the time the porridge is cooked, it has time to soften.
- Wash and peel the bananas. Cut them into circles, put in a bowl, mash with a fork.
- Add the softened butter to the banana pulp. Beat them together with a whisk or mixer.
- Prepare the right amount of semolina.
- Boil milk, pour sugar into it, stir well.
- While stirring the milk, pour semolina into it. Cook, stirring, porridge for 5 minutes, unless the manufacturer recommends otherwise.
- Put in a pan with porridge a banana mass, mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and insist the porridge under the lid for 5-10 minutes.
Semolina porridge with a banana will surely not leave indifferent any child, and for adults this fragrant dish should be liked.
Semolina-free semolina: recipe for step by step cooking
How to make a delicious breakfast on the water? To do this, we need to prepare the following products:
- plain cold water - 2 faceted glasses,
- semolina - 7 full dessert spoons,
- brown sugar - add to taste (about 1.5 dessert spoons),
- small iodized salt - a pair of pinch (add to taste),
- creamy fresh butter - 15-17 g (add to the already prepared dish if desired).
Cook porridge on the stove
Semolina porridge in milk, the recipe of which we are considering, should turn out to be rather thick. Indeed, in the future it will be served to the table in the form of a casserole. Thus, fresh village milk should be poured into a thick-walled pan, brought to a boil, and then pour semolina into semolina, salt and granulated sugar. Next, the fire must be reduced to a minimum. It is advisable to cook the porridge until thickened, regularly stirring it with a large spoon.
After the dish is completely ready, it should be removed from the stove, add butter and cool at room temperature.
As in the previous recipe, semolina porridge on water will boil faster and turn out to be much tastier if you use a small saucepan with a thick bottom for its preparation. It is necessary to pour ordinary cold water into the dishes, and then pour in semolina and mix thoroughly. After this, the ingredients are recommended to be left aside for 6-9 minutes. After this time, the saucepan should be placed on medium heat and wait for the complete boiling of the liquid. At the same time, the contents of the dishes must be mixed regularly, since the cereal that has settled to the bottom can stick and burn.
After the water begins to boil, add salt and sugar to taste in the porridge. It is advisable to cook it on very low heat for about 8-12 minutes. In this case, the dish must be constantly stirred with a spoon.
Manga with mushrooms
- semolina - 100 g,
- water - 0.5 l
- fresh champignons - 0.2 kg,
- onions - 100 g,
- butter - 20 g,
- refined vegetable oil - how much will it take,
- salt, black pepper - to taste.
- Free the onion from the husk, cut into medium-sized cubes.
- Wash the champignons, pat dry with a napkin. Cut them into plates.
- Heat the vegetable oil. Put onion in it, fry it until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms. Fry them until cooked (until excess liquid evaporates). Salt, pepper, mix. Remove the pan from the stove, but leave the mushrooms under the lid so that they do not cool while the porridge is cooking.
- Boil water, salt it.
- Preheat the pan. Pour semolina onto it and sauté until light brown.
- Stir boiling water, pour semolina into it. Cook porridge for 5 minutes.
- Add oil to porridge, mix. After removing the pan from the stove, let the porridge stand under the lid for 5 minutes.
Putting porridge on plates, put mushrooms on top. This dish can be served not only for breakfast, but also for lunch or dinner. If butter is excluded from the food, it can be eaten during fasting.
Semolina porridge is one of the most popular dishes in our country. Many people cannot imagine a family menu without this traditional dish. Contrary to popular belief, it is even more beneficial for adults than for children. If you cook porridge from semolina correctly, it will surely appeal to all family members, regardless of their age.
Despite the fact that doctors and nutritionists unanimously refute the benefits of semolina porridge, consider it “empty”, it is still very popular.
Children and adults are happy to use the dish if it is properly cooked. TO
How to cook semolina porridge in milk without lumps?
While the milk porridge cools, you should separate the proteins and yolks in different dishes. In the last ingredient, pour a large spoonful of granulated sugar and dark raisins steamed in boiling water. As for proteins, they need to be cooled, and then beat with a mixer until lush foam. Next, the cooled semolina must be thoroughly mixed together with the yolks and raisins. Whipped whites should be added there. As a result, you should have a thick creamy mass.
Semolina must be sieved. Then pour in a thin stream into boiling milk with water, stirring constantly. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes until thickened, add sugar and salt to taste.
When serving semolina porridge, put on a plate a slide, pour over butter.
Cakes, cutlets, casseroles and other products are prepared from ready-made viscous semolina porridge.
Semolina porridge on water is most often done for diet food or for those who have intolerance to dairy products. Serve it to the table in a hot condition. If you want to lose weight, adding oil, jam, honey and other sweets to the finished dish is highly not recommended. Otherwise, all of the listed products can be safely used. Indeed, with them semolina porridge will become much tastier, healthier and more nutritious. Even the most fastidious and capricious child will not refuse such a breakfast.
One cannot ignore the fact that semolina boiled in water is slightly different in taste and color from that prepared only in milk. This dish is more gray and less high-calorie.
Cooking a delicious and healthy breakfast with half milk
How to cook semolina without lumps? Many housewives dream about it. It is not very pleasant to use a heterogeneous dish with large or even small lumps. And this is done quite easily.
So we need:
- semolina - 6 dessert spoons,
- filtered drinking water - ½ cup,
- fatty milk of maximum freshness - 1.7 faceted glasses,
- fine sugar - 2 dessert spoons (to taste and desire),
- sea salt - a few pinches (to taste),
- wheat or rye bread, butter, hard cheese, jam, honey, etc. - for serving.
We serve correctly for breakfast
A casserole cooked in an oven will be an ideal alternative to regular liquid semolina porridge made on a stove or slow cooker. Indeed, your child will definitely not refuse such a tasty, sweet and nutritious dish. Serve it preferably in a warm condition. In addition, semolina porridge casserole with dark raisins is recommended to pour sweet syrup, honey or jam. Bon Appetit!
How to cook porridge?
The presented recipe for semolina porridge (you can find the photo in this article) provides for the simultaneous use of milk and drinking water. It should be especially noted that this is the version of the dish that is most popular among housewives. Ready porridge is tasty, nutritious and nutritious.To create it, you need to take a small saucepan and pour filtered drinking water into it. After that, semolina must be added to the liquid and mixed thoroughly. Leaving the dishes with the contents at room temperature, you should start preparing the milk. It must be poured into a bowl, put on high heat and boiled. At the same time, it is necessary to ensure that the product does not run away.
After the milk boils, the dishes with water and semolina should be placed on a gas stove and mixed again. Not bringing to a complete boil, it is necessary to pour hot fatty dairy product to the ingredients. All components should be mixed well with a spoon, set the fire to maximum and wait for boiling. After that, sugar and sea salt should be added to the porridge to taste. During cooking, it is recommended to stir it periodically, otherwise the grains will stick to the bottom of the dishes and burn.
Cook semolina semolina preferably about 13 minutes. After the dish is ready, it needs to be removed from the stove, add a small piece of butter (directly to the pan), and then tightly close and leave it in this position for 5 minutes. During this time, cooking oil will completely melt, and porridge will reach the desired consistency.
Calorie semolina porridge
Supporters of a healthy diet, as well as people who are prone to gaining excess weight, often talk about the dangers of semolina porridge. They explain their extremely negative position by the fact that such a dish is high-calorie. But in fact, semolina is rather difficult to attribute to products with high energy value. After all, its calorie content is only 98 kilocalories per 100 grams.
So, why do many nutritionists do not recommend consuming porridge from semolina during weight loss? The fact is that in such a dish contains quite a lot of carbohydrates. And, as you know, it is this element that contributes to weight gain. However, in moderation, it will not be able to harm your figure.
It should also be noted that the caloric content of this dish is significantly increased due to the addition of various components to it. So, porridge boiled in rich village milk, flavored with fresh butter, sugar, jam, jam, honey, condensed milk, etc., really affects the figure, especially if such a set of products is used every day and before bedtime. That is why nutritionists recommend preparing cereals exclusively in half milk and without added sugar. Of course, such a dish is quite difficult to call very tasty. However, it is it that can preserve your sophisticated figure and bring maximum benefits to the body.
To cook delicious semolina porridge on their own, experts recommend adhering to the following rules:
- Porridge with semolina will not burn during heat treatment, if it is cooked not only in milk, but with the addition of a small amount of drinking water.
- Semolina porridge will turn out to be much tastier if cooked on low heat for at least ten minutes.
- The proportions of semolina porridge in milk should be as follows: 1 cup large liquid spoon should account for 1 incomplete large spoon of cereal. If you want to get a more liquid or, conversely, a thicker dish, then this number should be increased or decreased.
- In the finished porridge, you can add not only a piece of butter, but also any dried fruits, fresh berries or fruits.
With the advent of many diverse modern dishes, people often face such a problem as the inability to cook the simplest dishes. It would seem that it’s difficult to weld semolina? But, not knowing the cooking technology of this porridge, it is very easy to spoil it, and instead of a tasty sweet porridge, get a lumpy mass of incomprehensible consistency. The indisputable advantage of semolina porridge, of course, is the cooking time. From the start of cooking to serving, you will need no more than 15 minutes.By steps, we will consider all the features of making porridge and learn how to cook it no worse than professionals.
Proper semolina serving for breakfast
Now you know how to cook semolina without lumps in half milk. It should be noted that such a dish turns out to be very tasty, hearty and nutritious. Serve it to family members preferably in a hot condition. In addition to porridge, it is recommended to present a sandwich made from a slice of rye or wheat bread, a thin layer of butter and a slice of hard cheese. If desired, children can be offered fresh honey or jam.
Making breakfast in a slow cooker
How to cook semolina without lumps in a slow cooker? Perhaps this is the easiest and fastest method of all presented above. Moreover, a dish made in a modern kitchen appliance always turns out to be homogeneous and without a single lump. But this is only under the condition that for its preparation you use the special program “Milk porridge”.
So, to make such a delicious breakfast for your family and friends, you must prepare the following ingredients in advance:
- semolina - 5 dessert spoons,
- milk of maximum freshness - 1 faceted glass,
- filtered drinking water - 1 cup,
- medium-sized sea salt - a few pinches (to taste),
- fine sugar sand - 2-2.5 dessert spoons (add at will and personal discretion),
- butter - 35 g.
How to cook semolina - ingredients
To make porridge, we need:
- Milk - 400 ml.
- Semolina - 2 tablespoons with a slide.
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon.
- Salt is a pinch.
- Vanilla - optionally on the tip of a knife.
- Butter - to taste, 10-20 grams.
The indicated amount of products is designed for 2 servings of semolina, so if you need to cook more, increase all the ingredients proportionally.
How to cook semolina - cooking
Despite the apparent simplicity of cooking, carefully read all the points in the cooking process to get the desired result.
- Pour milk into the dishes for cooking and put on a small fire.
- Pour semolina, sugar and a little vanilla into a dry cup, stir well. Such a secret will allow when pouring into milk to avoid the formation of lumps.
- As soon as the milk begins to boil, reduce the heating to a minimum, add a pinch of salt to the milk, and begin to pour a mixture of sugar and semolina into the milk with a thin stream, stirring continuously.
- Cook for 5 minutes. All this time we do not stop stirring the boiling porridge in circular motions.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add oil and stir. This will make your porridge airy and tender.
- Cover and let stand for a couple of minutes.
- Pour into plates and serve.
- If desired, berries or fruits are added to the porridge, so it will become even tastier and more attractive.
Semolina porridge is not only tasty, but also a healthy dish. It is easily absorbed by a weakened body, it is semolina that feeds small children with a weight deficit. If the porridge is cooked exactly according to the recipe, then it will turn out to be unusually tasty, as if grandmother’s porridge from childhood. The main thing is not to eat too much porridge, as it is not only useful, but also very high in calories!
How to cook semolina in milk to make the best porridge in the world - tasty, fragrant, just an overeating? There are several tricks to cooking this simple dish, as well as many recipes - ordinary and with a twist.
How to serve porridge for breakfast?
Present semolina porridge to the table should only be hot. In addition to such a nutritious and healthy dish, you can serve any sweets (berries, fruits, honey, jam, etc.), a sandwich with butter, tea or freshly brewed cocoa.
- Liquid semolina turns out to be more tasty than thick. Although the tastes do not argue. If you want to make a more viscous dish, then in the main liquid you need to add more cereal (1 cup - about 4-5 dessert spoons of semolina).
- Porridge from semolina will turn out without lumps if you pour the cereal into cold milk or water. If the liquid is hot, then it should form a cycle and only then add the bulk product.
- To make semolina porridge breakfast more nutritious and nutritious, you can add fresh fruits, berries, as well as honey or jam to it.
- Cook semolina porridge should not be 2-3 minutes, but at least 5-8 minutes. Indeed, only with prolonged heat treatment, the grains will completely boil, and the dish will turn out more delicious and uniform.
With the advent of many diverse modern dishes, people often face such a problem as the inability to cook the simplest dishes. It would seem that it’s difficult to weld semolina? But, not knowing the cooking technology of this porridge, it is very easy to spoil it, and instead of a tasty sweet porridge, get a lumpy mass of incomprehensible consistency. The indisputable advantage of semolina porridge, of course, is the cooking time. From the start of cooking to serving, you will need no more than 15 minutes. By steps, we will consider all the features of making porridge and learn how to cook it no worse than professionals.
A secret step-by-step recipe without lumps
I will share a secret cooking technology that involves pre-soaking semolina. During the “water treatment”, the grains absorb moisture. As a result, lumps do not form.
- Milk - 1 cup.
- Semolina - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Butter - 10 g.
- Salt and sugar.
- Jam or jam.
- Pour a glass of cold milk into the pan. I recommend making semolina in a small pan with a long handle. It will allow you to control the capacity when the semolina begins to rise.
- Add sugar and salt to milk. The amount of ingredients depends on your preference. If you intend to use jam, fresh berries or preserves, do not add sugar to milk.
- The next step in making lumps without lumps is extremely important. To make the finished dish a homogeneous consistency and without lumps, add cereal to cold milk. As a result, semolina absorbs liquid and swells, and the grains do not stick together.
- Put the pan with milk and semolina on a small fire. During the cooking process, mix the contents constantly. If this is not done, the grains will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After boiling milk, reduce the fire to a minimum, and put the pan on the edge of the burner. After about two minutes, the semolina will thicken and can be removed from the stove.
- It remains to pour the porridge into a plate, add a little butter and mix slightly.
You can improve the taste of the dish by adding fresh berries or jam.
You just learned how to cook semolina without lumps. The ingredients provided for in the recipe are enough for making semolina porridge intended for the child. If you want to please an adult with a dish, I recommend proportionally increasing the number of products by about one and a half times.
Cooking semolina porridge on the water
Culinary fashion welcomes the preparation of diet and low-calorie dishes. In order to keep up with the times and not deviate from trends, I propose to talk about how to cook semolina porridge in water.
Semka is a unique cereal, for the production of which soft grades of wheat are used. It is rich in phosphorus, calcium and nutrients for the human body.
Semolina is a dietary product, especially if cooked without the addition of milk and sugar. It will get a freshish porridge, so add some raisins. The recipe for water is extremely simple. Just remember, semolina has the ability to stray into lumps. Therefore, stir constantly during cooking.
The most crucial step in the recipe is mixing cereals with water. To prevent the appearance of lumps, decoy often and quickly.
- Groats - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Butter - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Raisins - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Sugar and salt.
The ingredients are indicated per serving of semolina porridge.If you are afraid to gain weight or use sugar is contraindicated, exclude this ingredient. If there are no restrictions, the use of sugar is mandatory.
- Pour the cereal into the pan and evenly distribute along the bottom. This is a must. Semka is constantly knocked into lumps, and in the case of water, their number is much larger.
- Add water to the pan and mix. I recommend using warm water. Constantly stirring, bring semolina to a boil.
- After boiling water in a pan add a little sugar. Salt to taste.
- Boil semolina porridge in the water for at least five minutes, stirring all the time. Do not digest, otherwise the cereal will fall apart.
- Add butter. It is not necessary to remove the dish from the stove. Together with the oil, send a little raisins to the pan and mix thoroughly.
Now you thoroughly know how to cook semolina porridge on the water. If you like butter, put as much as you like, do not spoil the porridge with butter.
How to cook semolina in a slow cooker
Many housewives cook milk porridges and soups. Each of them knows well that in the process of cooking these dishes must be carefully monitored. Otherwise, the milk will simply “run away”. Modern kitchen appliances help to avoid this problem, if you know the recipe for semolina in a slow cooker.
Semolina is perhaps the only dish that accompanies a person throughout his life.
- Groats - 0.5 cups.
- Water - 1.5 cups.
- Milk - 2 cups.
- Sugar and butter.
- Semolina is famous for its ability to absorb liquid. For this reason, the ratio of semolina to liquid should be at least 1 to 7.
- Pour semolina into the container of the multicooker with a small amount of sugar and mix. As a result, lumps do not form during cooking.
- Pour milk into a slow cooker and put a piece of butter. If you want to cook for a child, dilute the milk with water. For adults, cereal in one milk is excellent.
- Activate the "Multi-cook" mode. At a temperature of 90 degrees, semolina is cooked for about a third of an hour.
- After the specified time, semolina is ready. Perhaps, after opening the lid, the porridge will seem a little liquid, then just mix the semolina carefully.
Not all children like this dish. If you cook it in a slow cooker, they will be satisfied. I have tested this in practice many times.
Semka cooked semolina has a pleasant texture and delicate taste. If you spice it up with a few tablespoons of honey, you get a real masterpiece that no one will refuse.
The benefits and harms of semolina porridge
In the final part of the article, we consider the benefits and harms of semolina porridge.
Semolina contains a small amount of magnesium, calcium and phosphorus, since useful substances are concentrated in the shell of wheat grain, which is removed during manufacture. At the same time, each grain contains a lot of potassium and vitamins.
Children's doctors recommend giving decoy to babies after a year. There is no fiber in the porridge. Consequently, the baby’s stomach easily copes with these products. Up to one year, children should not be given semolina. It contains a lot of gluten, which in babies causes an allergic disorder. There is a lot of phytin in semolina that interferes with the absorption of calcium. That is why berries or fruits are added to the porridge that neutralize this substance.
Manka helps cleanse the body of mucus and remove fat. It acts as a source of energy and has a beneficial effect on the muscles and bones of a person. Doctors recommend semolina for people suffering from exhaustion, bowel ailments, after operations on the intestines or stomach, and people with poor digestion. Even a special diet designed based on milk and semolina has been developed.
- carrots - 250 g
- semolina - 100 g
- sugar - 50 g
- oil - 30 g
- milk - 0.5 liters
Peel, wash, grate the carrots.
Then add sugar, butter and simmer on low heat - 1 hour.
Then pour milk into the carrots, boil, pour semolina, salt, stir and put in the oven for stirring.
Serve porridge with berries.
Semolina porridge recipe: how to cook semolina porridge with apple juice and raisins
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 2 + 1/2 cup apple juice
- 50 g raisins
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- lemon zest
- granulated sugar
Boil apple juice, add sugar, butter, lemon zest, washed raisins and semolina.
Stir, cook porridge.
Serve cold with fruit sauce.
Semolina - proportions of milk and semolina
For 1 glass of semolina you will need:
- 5 glasses of milk
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Cooking semolina porridge in milk:
Pour the groats into boiling milk with a thin stream and, stirring continuously, cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
Then put sugar, salt and stir. In porridge, you can put 1 - 2 tablespoons of oil.
Done. Bon Appetit!
Semolina porridge - recipe with apples
- 250 g apples
- 100 g semolina
- 1 liter of milk
- 25 g butter
- cinnamon, salt, sugar - to taste
Delicious semolina porridge in a slow cooker on milk- video recipe
As you can see from the article, semolina is cooked according to the rules and without following the rules - that's why it is good. No special science is required for cooking porridge. If it is thick cooked - it can be corrected and diluted with hot milk or water. Semolina is loved not only at home, but it is in demand in hospitals, resorts, resorts, canteens and other places of public catering.
The granny porridge most beloved by grandmothers up to a year is the most harmful, as modern pediatricians and nutritionists say. How so, you say? We grew up on semolina. Why shouldn’t it be given to our children?
In accordance with the results of recent studies, pediatricians do not recommend starting infant feeding with cereals, vegetables, fruits and natural juices. This is justified by the fact that the gastrointestinal tract is not yet ready to digest such food, and enzymes secreted by the pancreas can digest large carbohydrates, ripen only by the first year. Do not rush with complementary foods for up to 6 months in general, because for babies the best source of vitamins and useful nutrients is mother’s milk, and for children - art venniki up to 5 months are good highly adapted mixtures.
What is semolina?
In fact, semolina is a by-product from the production of wheat flour. After grinding, always 2% of small fragments of grain remain, which are only slightly more than flour dust - this is semolina.
The first drawback: semolina has a lot of starch in the semolina, it has a high calorie level, so frequent consumption of semolina by the baby (especially if you feed it more than once a day, but replace it with mixtures) leads to caloric overfeeding and the development of obesity. In addition, protein, vitamins, minerals and other useful substances in it are few, so the body will not be able to develop in a full way.
The disadvantage of the second. Manka is rich in phytin, and phytin contains phosphorus, which binds calcium salts and prevents them from entering the bloodstream of the baby's intestines. As soon as there is less salt, the parathyroid glands “wash” them from the bones and send them into the blood. It turns out that semolina porridge robs kids of calcium, which is so needed by the growing body. If the body of children has little calcium, the muscles work poorly (hypotonus develops), the heart, and blood coagulates worse. A striking example of calcium deficiency is increased excitability of nerve cells and the appearance of seizures. Therefore, children who are heavily fed with semolina porridge (2 to 3 servings per day) often get rickets and spasmophilia.
Phytin changes the environment in the intestines of the child so that calcium and vitamin D, supplied with food in sufficient quantities, are simply not absorbed. Parents may have questions.But do other cereals bind calcium too? Yes, but to a lesser extent than semolina. That is why doctors now recommend feeding infants with mashed vegetables first, and then cereals and meat.
The disadvantage is the third. Semolina is prepared in cow's milk, which, in turn, makes iron absorption more difficult. This leads to anemia, disruption of the gastrointestinal tract, rickets, as well as frequent colds and constant runny nose, which in the future can affect the health of the child in school years.
The fourth drawback is the most serious. The semolina contains a substance harmful to the child's body - gliadin or gluten (a special cereal protein), which can cause a disease such as celiac disease or celiac enteropathy. This protein is also called gluten. It is gluten that gives elasticity to the dough and soft splendor of bread. Gluten and similar proteins are found in five grains: in wheat, rye, oats, millet (millet) and barley. Under the influence of gluten in patients with celiac disease, the intestinal mucosa becomes thinner and absorption of all nutrients, especially fats, is disturbed. The disease manifests itself when a small child begins to give semolina (less often - oatmeal) porridge. The stool becomes abundant, mushy or thin, light, with a shiny (greasy) surface. The child ceases to gain weight, his stomach increases, and muscles, on the contrary, decrease. If the disease manifests itself at an older age, the child complains of abdominal pain, intestinal dysfunction, but the disease does not manifest as violently as in infancy. Intolerance to cereal proteins has a hereditary predisposition.
Violation of absorption processes in the intestine leads to a decrease in the level of trace elements, proteins and vitamins in the blood. A lack of calcium and phosphorus causes severe bone pain, tooth decay, brittle nails, a lack of iron leads to iron deficiency anemia, zinc - to hair loss, up to baldness. Protein-vitamin deficiency can lead to frequent acute respiratory viral infections, increased bleeding, roughness, dry skin, furunculosis.
I must say that gluten can cause another disease - allergies. It also manifests itself as a disorder of stool. Due to a violation of intestinal permeability, allergens (substances that cause allergic reactions) are absorbed. At the same time, the substances needed by the body transit through the intestinal tube without being absorbed.
Therefore, complementary foods start with the so-called gluten-free cereals - buckwheat, rice or corn. If the baby responds well to the first cereals (buckwheat, rice, corn), then oatmeal can be introduced.
It is not difficult to determine if the reaction to gluten in your child is not difficult - with a negative reaction, skin rashes appear, the nature of the stool changes.
Of course, semolina is far from useless. This is a great diet product. The only question is whether it can be given to young children? At least, it is not recommended for children of the first year of life. After a year, it can already be gradually included in the diet, when the normal functioning of the intestine is already established and its enzymatic system has matured enough. Up to three years, semolina can be given to babies in strictly limited quantities.
In semolina, 70 percent of starch and few proteins, and since it is quickly prepared, all its nutritional properties are preserved. It has little fiber, and it is recommended in the postoperative period and with exhaustion. In chronic kidney failure, for example, dishes prepared from protein-free cereals are recommended - in this case, semolina is indispensable.