Since ancient times, walnuts have been considered the fruit of intellectual development and wisdom. Scientists in ancient Persia claimed that the fruit of a walnut is the brain, and the oil obtained from it is the mind. Modern research, however, did not find evidence of this, but nevertheless, the usefulness of walnuts is undeniable.
Walnut oil is obtained from kernels by cold pressing. The resulting product has an amber hue, an original flavor and a rich nutty smell. Due to such a pronounced aroma, walnut oil is not recommended for creating exquisite aromatic compositions.
Composition and properties
Walnut oil is produced in many ways. Depending on the technology, the preparation will have more or less useful components. The first squeeze is considered the most valuable and high-quality, when the crushed kernels are pressed with great force by the press. The resulting liquid has a fragrance and a weak taste of walnut, the color resembles dark amber. Then the cake is heated and pressed again. Second-pressed oil is no longer so healing as it was exposed to high temperatures.
The most useful oil of the first extraction has a unique composition, saturated with bioactive compounds. After taking a few drops, you will enter into the body:
- vitamins and minerals,
- organic acids, including omega-3 and omega-6,
The product is quickly absorbed, the components enter the bloodstream and are distributed to all organs. There, active compounds begin their activities to cleanse and improve the body.
Oil has a whole range of unique properties:
- restores cell membranes,
- lowers blood cholesterol,
- displays radionuclides,
- promotes sperm formation,
- restores cells of the nervous system.
The benefits of oil for the body
You can just eat walnut kernels, the oil included in their composition will fulfill its healing function. Squeeze acts stronger, but it must be taken in moderation and not exceed the recommended dose.
Use a unique product, and your body will gratefully respond to care. Soon it will be possible to notice that favorable changes have begun to occur:
- immunity will be strengthened
- foci of inflammation are eliminated,
- aging will slow
- metabolism will accelerate
- the healing of stomach and intestinal ulcers will accelerate,
- acidity will decrease, heartburn will pass,
- bile formation organs will strengthen
- increased elasticity of blood vessels,
- the body is freed from toxins
- lower cholesterol
- the pressure will bounce back
- your blood sugar will go down
- fatigue and stress will be relieved, working capacity will increase.
Walnut oil cleanses the entire body from toxins, toxins and bad cholesterol, so it can be used to prevent many diseases. The risk of heart attacks and strokes is reduced, and the blood supply to the brain is improved. When taking the drug in spring and autumn, immunity increases, and a person may not be afraid to wet his feet, colds will bypass him.
If you want to squeeze oil out of nuts yourself, keep in mind that without special equipment, the costs will be very high. In factory pressing, the yield after the first spin is about 30% of the weight of the cores; at home, such production will not work. Usually housewives chop nuts in a blender until large pieces remain. In the bowl gruel is formed, which is poured with vegetable oil and filtered. The concentration of nutrients is significantly reduced, but such a product can be used to improve health.
Indications for the use of peanut butter
Walnut oil can be used for general healing and strengthening the body. In the treatment of chronic diseases, the drug will not replace medicines, but can, in agreement with the doctor, be used in addition to the main procedures. Also, a healing drug will support the body in between courses of therapy.
Traditional healers recommend a squeeze out of the nuclei to treat almost all organs. It is advised to use oil if you have:
- stomach or intestinal ulcer,
- gastritis with high acidity,
- liver disease
- metabolic disorder
- nervous system diseases
- fatigue, fatigue,
- weakened immunity
- stones in the kidneys,
- cracks, wounds, ulcers on the skin.
Antioxidants prevent cancer cells from forming and multiplying. The oil can be used for the prevention of oncology or supplemented with this drug the main cancer treatment. In addition to inhibiting the growth of tumors, squeezing the nuclei will give the body strength to fight the disease.
How not to harm yourself
Oil is not subject to long storage. If you open a sealed package, the product will begin to oxidize in air. It is believed that after opening the oil can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 months, but it is better to use it for 30 days. Do not forget to smell the product before use: if the smell has become sharp and unpleasant, you can not use the drug.
When buying, carefully study the composition of the product. Walnut oil is not cheap, and some manufacturers take conventional vegetable oil as a basis and add squeezed kernels to it. Such a product will not bring harm, but there will be little benefit.
Keep in mind that peanut butter is much more active than squeezing from sunflower or olive seeds. The drug can not completely replace vegetable fats, especially if you like to water salads abundantly with oil. A small addition of squeezed food will benefit, and from excessive consumption can have negative consequences.
Application for women and men
Oil can be used to solve problems with conceiving and bearing children. The drug promotes the development of nerve tissue not only in adults, but also in the womb of the fetus. The baby was born, but mom doesn’t have enough milk? Once again, squeezing out the cores comes to the rescue. Lactation intensifies, breast milk becomes more useful and nutritious. The health of the baby is strengthened, its development is faster.
If the spouses do not have children, the reason is not always in female infertility. A man may have poor potency or a good erection, but there are few spermatozoa or they are very weak. To solve these problems, a walnut, which since ancient times has been used to increase male strength, will help. When with age the possibilities become wrong, and the desire for intimacy has not disappeared, oil will help make nights of love more frequent.
How to take walnut oil
Pure oil is taken 3 times a day 30 minutes before a meal with a dessert spoon. This dose is too high for children. The exact norms will be prescribed by the pediatrician, but remember that you need to start no more than 4 drops. It is better for babies not to give the drug in its pure form, but to mix it with food.
Not everyone can take a dessert spoon of oil; for some, using a pure product causes nausea. Use the drug for dressing salads, but carefully monitor the serving size so as not to exceed the dose. And in hot dishes, adding a squeeze does not make sense: when heated, the product loses many useful properties.
For external use, lubricate problem areas 3 times a day. If the skin began to fade, wrinkles began to appear, instead of a night cream, use a walnut squeeze. Add the drug to mask formulations and cosmetics, and soon you will look younger and fresher.
When sunbathing, coat your skin with walnut oil. The tan will acquire a beautiful shade and lie more evenly.
What is this nut kernel product?
Walnut oil, also called simply peanut butter, is a product obtained from the fruits of this plant by pressing. Oil is produced in this way:
- The fruits of the walnut are collected and peeled from the outer green shell.
- The peeled nuts are dried and stored for aging for 2-3 months. This is necessary in order to reduce the amount of milky juice in the core.
- After aging, the nuts are peeled, the kernels are crushed between the rollers or in a mortar.
- Crushed trifle sent under the press.
- After squeezing the first portion of the oil, the cake is again crushed, moistened with hot water and pressed again (sometimes under heating).
The result is an oil that, in consistency, is similar to sunflower or olive, but has a peculiar greenish-brownish tint and a pronounced bitter aftertaste.
The remaining cake is edible, but is usually used as a feed additive for livestock.
The oil itself can be used:
- For food (primarily as a salad dressing, as it polymerizes when heated, but at moderate temperatures provides a delicious and crispy frying).
- As an ingredient in cosmetics.
- For soap making.
- As an additive in printing ink (primarily for manual printing of prints and linocuts, as well as other artistic printing works where high-quality ink is required).
- As an integral part of mastics and impregnation for carpentry on wood (in this case, it is usually mixed with linseed oil in a ratio of 1: 1.5).
According to the formula KBZhU (Calorie-Protein-Fat-Carbohydrate), the composition of peanut butter per 100 g of pure product will be as follows:
- Calorie content - 898 kcal.
- Proteins, g. - 0. All proteins of the nut pulp remain in the cake.
- Fats - 99.8 g
- Carbohydrates - 0. They also remain in the cake.
- With regard to vitamins, walnut oil is a record among oils for the content of vitamin E.
- It also has many vitamins A, B, C, K and R.
- Among the trace elements, iodine is in the lead: it is so much in the walnut fruits that the green pulp has a distinct iodine smell.
- The oil content is many times less, but still there is a lot of iodine in it.
- The oil also contains iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and selenium.
Other trace elements are practically not expressed.
For fatty acids, peanut butter has the following composition:
- Linoleic Omega-6 - 49%.
- Linoleic Omega-3 - 15%.
- Oleic Omega-9 - 24%.
- Palmitic - 7%.
- Stearin - 5%.
This is the average composition of acids. Depending on the region, the conditions of cultivation and processing of raw materials, the composition of peanut butter can vary significantly.
The composition and calorie content of walnut oil
Useful walnut oil is made by cold pressing from ripened kernels. Its calorie content per 100 g is more than 800 kcal. All due to a whole complex of vegetable fats, which make up to 99% of all other components. It contains:
- B vitamins,
- Vitamin E
- vitamin C,
- vitamins K, P and PP,
- iodine, magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, selenium, calcium,
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids,
The product contains a high concentration of vitamin E - a powerful antioxidant and activator of many internal processes in the body. There are a lot of ascorbic acid in it. The most useful in the composition is considered the optimal ratio of polyunsaturated fatty acids, which play an important role in most metabolic processes.
Are the benefits and harms of drinking walnut oil comparable? Reviews are inconsistent. However, there is no doubt that this product has no analogues in the number of useful substances, as well as active components. Especially there is a lot of tocopherol in it, in other words, vitamin E. In addition, it contains a balanced complex of fatty acids, which are indispensable for our body. The main components are:
- fats, namely omega-3, palmitic and stearic acid,
- vitamins: A, groups B, C, choline, K and P,
- macro- and microelements. Walnut oil in its composition contains a certain amount of iron, iodine, calcium, cobalt, magnesium, copper, selenium, phosphorus and zinc,
- phospholipids (help the regeneration of biological membranes)
- beta-sitosterol (reduces the amount of cholesterol in the blood),
- sphingolipids (necessary for the health of nerve tissue),
- phytosterols (reduce the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine)
- entimyriasis (necessary for the formation of male seed),
- coenzyme Q-10.
As a rule, walnut oil is extracted by cold pressing. It has a wonderful dark amber color, as well as a light smack and nut aroma.
Benefits for the body
Due to the special chemical composition, it is used to eliminate inflammatory processes of the mucous membranes, as well as to strengthen immunity and resistance to various diseases. In addition, it is able to remove radionuclides from the body, which contributes to significant rejuvenation. This is due to the presence of antioxidants in the composition. It can help with various diseases. What happens if you regularly take walnut oil? Benefit and harm. How to use? Testimonials from satisfied patients can help.
If this tool is taken regularly enough, then you can significantly improve the digestive tract and, possibly, cure peptic ulcer. Walnut oil can also be used for gastritis, which is characterized by high acidity, since it helps to reduce acidity, while eliminating heartburn. This tool is widely used by traditional healers to combat cholecystitis and colitis. Its action is to increase bile secretion, increase the elasticity of the bile ducts, strengthen, and also restore the structure of the liver. That is why walnut oil, the benefits and harms of which are related to each other, is recommended for hepatitis and also as an anthelmintic drug.
Diseases of the cardiovascular and circulatory systems
Walnut oil: how to take? Reviews are controversial regarding these diseases. Positive properties are expressed by the normalization of the systems as a whole, in particular, the oil has a beneficial effect on blood vessels, namely it gives them elasticity and firmness, reduces the amount of bad cholesterol in the blood, and normalizes blood pressure. All this can be a preventive measure against strokes, heart attacks, atherosclerosis, as well as thrombophlebitis. In the daily diet of people suffering from high blood pressure or coronary heart disease, walnut oil should be constant.
Endocrine and nervous system diseases
The oil of this nut is able to restore the functioning of the thyroid gland, especially with goiter. Also, with regular use of the drug, there is a decrease in the amount of sugar in the blood, which is very useful for people with diabetes.
The complex of vitamins contained in the oil is able to affect the nervous system, in particular, it increases working capacity, normalizes the sleep process, and also relieves fatigue and energizes. When using the drug, brain cells are nourished, which leads to an increase in the elasticity of capillaries.
Walnut oil, the benefit and harm of which has been proven for men, is recommended for urolithiasis, and also as a means to stimulate spermatogenesis.
The benefits of walnut oil
A product such as oil, with regular use, can prevent the development of many diseases and alleviate the condition with existing ones. The beneficial properties of walnut oil have been widely used by ancient Greek and ancient Roman scholars. It was believed that it enlightens the mind and gives strength.
Today, the composition and beneficial properties of this product are well understood. It has the following properties:
- displays radionuclides.
It is used to treat ulcers and gastritis, tuberculosis, lymphadenitis, cholecystitis, vitamin deficiency, hypertension, goiter of the thyroid gland and other diseases.
Traditional medicine recipes
Walnut oil works great in combination with other ingredients. Ancient healers recommend using it as part of the following recipes.
- To increase potency. Grind 200 g of figs, prunes and raisins, mix with 2 tbsp. tablespoons of oil and take 2 tbsp. spoons for the night with kefir.
- Hair Mask. Beat the egg, mix with 4 teaspoons of oil and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- To strengthen the nails, take nut and lemon oil in a ratio of 3: 1. Rub daily into nails and cuticles.
Contraindications to the use of oil
As with any medication, the main reason to give up peanut butter is allergies. Also, you can not use it for exacerbations of diseases, high temperature, poisoning, vomiting. When breastfeeding, you need to start with a very small dose and look at the baby’s reaction.
With caution and only after consulting a doctor, you can use oil if a person:
- an ulcer of the stomach and intestines,
- low acidity
- high blood coagulability.
Walnut kernel oil is a very powerful drug. In order not to harm health, you can not abuse it. But with proper use, you will receive great benefits for the body. The drug will help slow down aging, maintain attractiveness and clarity of mind for a long time. Clean vessels will actively supply all organs with blood. Walnut oil will be beneficial, not harmful, if taken correctly.
Useful properties and medicinal use
Walnut oil - the benefits and harms of healing are undeniable in many cases. With the right and to the extent of application, you can not worry about the last paragraph.
Regular use of this product contributes to the excellent functioning of the entire gastrointestinal tract, when an ulcer can even heal. It heals gastritis and relieves heartburn, due to its ability to lower acidity. Many traditional healers are recommended to take it for cholecystitis and colitis.
The therapeutic effect is based on the fact that the separation of bile is enhanced and the duct duct elasticity is increased, and assistance is also provided in strengthening and restoring the liver structure. All this gives reason to correlate walnut oil, its benefits and harms among themselves, recommending in the treatment of hepatitis and used as an anthelmintic.
CVS and circulatory
The constant and stable intake of this oil normalizes the functioning of the heart and blood vessels, exerting a positive effect on their walls, making them more elastic and resilient, lowering the levels of bad cholesterol and normalizing blood pressure in the vessels.
This effect, in turn, protects against the onset of stroke, heart attack, atherosclerosis and thrombophlebitis. A person with coronary heart disease (coronary heart disease) should take this product daily.
CNS with endocrine system
In the restoration of the thyroid gland, the benefits of walnut oil are simply enormous, even with goiter. Its use helps lower sugar levels, providing indispensable assistance to people with diabetes. A large number of vitamins in its composition has a positive effect on the central nervous system, eliminating insomnia, helping to gain energy and greater performance.
Walnut oil nourishes the brain cells, increasing capillary elasticity. Men feel the benefits of walnut oil in that it has a stimulating effect on spermatogenesis and helps fight urolithiasis.
Respiratory tract and skin
For a long time this product is used for people suffering from tuberculosis.In addition, this product increases the protective functions of the body, which makes it resistant to colds. For prevention, it is worth taking walnut oil in the autumn and winter seasons.
It also helps to solve problems with skin inflammation, healing wounds, cracks and burns, while at the same time coping with such complex ailments as psoriasis, eczema and furunculosis.
This product is recommended for women who wear under the heart of the child, due to its ability to form the nerve cells of the baby in the womb. In addition, the oil enhances the flow of breast milk, making it even more nutritious and healthier. But in these cases, this product should be used with caution so as not to provoke an allergic reaction in the baby.
If the child has a weakened body or poor development, then walnut oil will also help here.
Walnut oil and possible harm
Getting harm from walnut oil is possible only in the presence of personal intolerance. In this case, even for external use it should be approached with caution.
Pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding are a very responsible time with the possibility of an allergic reaction in the baby to this product. You can not use it during an exacerbation of diseases of the stomach, in particular gastritis and ulcers, as well as people with low acidity.
It is up to a person to decide whether or not to use such a product in his life as walnut oil, but for example, vegetarians and raw foodists use it without fail due to the high percentage of protein in it - 15, in addition to all of the above.
While following a strict diet, a certain amount of walnuts eaten reduces the desire to use something flour or sweet.
Useful properties of walnut oil
Even in ancient times, walnuts and products made from it were considered very useful for most human systems and organs. Herodotus claimed that he gives a lot of strength, both physical and mental.
Walnut oil is rare. It is one of the most unique vegetable oils with unique healing properties. Its use is widespread in different countries and all kinds of spheres of human life.
The use of walnut oil has a beneficial effect on the body of both a young woman and an elderly lady. This is due primarily to the anti-aging properties of the product and the presence of antioxidants in its composition.
- According to the results of the research, it is stated that women with walnut oil in their diets look several years younger than their calendar age. They are less likely to get sick and become depressed.
- In addition, the components of the oil (folic acid, vitamins K and B4) are involved in the process of proper formation of the neural tube of the fetus and the development of its circulatory system.
- Vitamins K, E, B9, calcium, magnesium and potassium increase lactation and prevent the development of breast cancer.
- Phylloquinone allows you to recover from childbirth by improving blood coagulation, preventing large losses.
- Iron and vitamin B9 in vegetable oil are preventive components of iron deficiency anemia.
- The complex of vitamin and mineral components of the product improves the woman’s skin, strengthens and heals her hair.
It is equally important to consume oil, saturated with fatty acids, and men. Even Avicenna discovered the life-giving force of this product for representatives of a strong half of humanity. This is due to the presence in the product of zinc, magnesium and potassium, which are part of the hormone testosterone. This hormone is responsible for both potency and the acceleration of sperm movement. In addition, the healing and anti-inflammatory components of the product reduce the risk of infections of the urogenital area in men, improve potency.
Walnut oil reduces the body's toxic reactions with tobacco and alcohol.
Although the components of walnut oil can relieve spasms, have an anti-inflammatory effect, improve metabolic processes in the body of a pregnant woman, it is recommended to use it only in the first trimester. It is during this period that the product can help in the formation of the nervous and circulatory systems of the unborn baby, and also reduce the risk of miscarriage.
In the 2nd and 3rd trimester, oil is recommended to be consumed only a few drops per day. Plus, you should pay attention to the high calorie content of the product. This is highly undesirable for a pregnant woman.
Walnut oil is several times able to increase lactation. Therefore, it is always recommended for nursing mothers. But you should be careful in taking this supplement, as it is highly allergenic. In this case, allergies can occur after a few weeks (cumulative). It is not recommended to use vegetable oil and mothers of babies with colic in the intestine and increased gas formation.
In the absence of any reactions to the life-giving product, the oil that enters the newborn’s body through breast milk will strengthen its immunity, optimize the circulatory system, increase hemoglobin and improve mood.
You can also apply oil during breastfeeding externally, rubbing the nipples into the cracks.
- Vegetable oil from Voloshsky nut is recommended for children with weak immunity, brittle hair and teeth, and underdeveloped vision.
- The use of this product is recommended by pediatric gastroenterologists for the prevention and treatment of constipation, colitis and dysbiosis of various etiologies.
- Pediatricians prescribe the drug to children with poor blood coagulation.
When losing weight
Despite the high caloric value, walnut oil is used to reduce weight. Squeezing from walnut kernels contains all the necessary elements to improve metabolic processes in the body.
Inside, oil is recommended to be taken as a dietary supplement for 1 tbsp. 20 minutes before meals 2 times a day. Thus, metabolic, fat-burning processes in the body are activated, the intestine absorbs all the vitamins and minerals of the product. It gives strength and gives life energy to a person on a diet.
Also, oil can be added to various dishes in the form of dressing. Allowable amount - up to 2 tbsp. per day.
Oil from walnut kernels is often used externally, for example, for anti-cellulite massage.
Walnut oil is able to give salads an original flavor as a dressing. Since heating can change the taste of the product not for the better, it is better to make only cold sauces with it. A great option is a salad of your favorite fresh vegetables, where a couple of drops of walnut oil are added. Meat snacks with butter can be a more nutritious dish. For example, adding poultry, grapes, salad, nuts and butter to meat, you can get an unusually delicious holiday dish.
If before cooking the dough for baking cakes, pastries, pies, add a spoonful of oil to it, the product will also have a distinguished taste. The taste of meat and fish dishes prepared in any way will help to tone up greasing with peanut butter before cooking or using them with a sauce based on this healing plant product.
It is worth noting that the unsurpassed aromas of oriental and French cuisines are largely due to the addition of walnut oil. Not everyone knows, but this product is added in the manufacture of kebab and kebabs. Also, in Mediterranean cuisine, peanut butter is used to season a wide variety of pastas, added to desserts and a variety of seafood.
Walnut oil is also advised to mix with other, not so aromatic oils, to soften its taste.If you mix a spoonful of peanut butter with spices and add to the pasta, you get an original and simple dish.
Respiratory and skin diseases
Even in ancient times, this tool was used as a medicine against tuberculosis. It can increase immunity and, as a result, resistance to colds. As a prophylactic, it is recommended to use it in the fall and winter.
Walnut oil is very often used to treat various inflammatory processes of the skin. In particular, it is able to heal wounds of various origins, cracks and burns as soon as possible. In addition, it copes with psoriasis, eczema and furunculosis.
It is advisable to use it for pregnant women, since special components contribute to the formation of fetal nerve cells. The product will enhance milk production during lactation and make mother's milk especially nutritious. For children, it is useful in that it promotes full development, especially if the child is slowly developing or is weakened.
Oil Helps Lose Weight
We continue to consider such a product as walnut oil (benefits and harms). How to take for weight loss? Everything is very simple. Subject to a certain diet, this oil should be taken 30 minutes before breakfast every morning on an empty stomach. This procedure will allow the body to receive absolutely all the necessary substances. You will have plenty of vitamins and energy. To bring the weight back to normal, it is enough to drink one spoonful three times a day. Doing this is advisable until you are completely satisfied with yourself.
Despite all the positive aspects, the oil also has contraindications. Walnut oil, the benefits and harms of which are known to many, is undesirable for people who have an ulcer and also have low acidity. In addition, if you have an erosive stage of gastritis, fever, vomiting, nausea, as well as possible food poisoning, refuse to use walnut oil.
For men's health
Due to its composition, saturated with vitamins and minerals, walnut oil is good for anyone who suffers from:
- thyroid disease (thanks to iodine),
- reduced body weight (due to calorie content).
- Specifically for men, unrefined peanut butter is useful for reduced potency: peanut butter is a natural stimulant (especially in combination with honey).
- It will also be an effective tool for maintaining normal well-being for those engaged in hard physical work - and, oddly enough, for people with mental labor (although whole kernels are more useful here than oil).
- Finally, peanut butter has pronounced properties for the prevention of hemorrhoids.
There is practically no harm from use, except for:
- Possible allergies and intolerances.
- Increased calorie content, dangerous for men with increased body weight.
- Gastrointestinal diseases, in which the use of oils should be limited.
How to store walnut oil
The technology for extracting oil from their walnuts is very simple: first, the kernels are crushed, and then the resulting mass is passed through a press. The output is unrefined cold-pressed oil - the most saturated, aromatic and tart. The refined version undergoes greater technological processing, has a milder taste, but contains less nutrients.
The process of obtaining valuable plant matter at home is not very different from industrial. For grinding kernels, it is best to use a meat grinder, and for pressing - a special nut press or crush for garlic.
It is recommended to store the resulting product in a dark, cool place for no more than 12 months in a closed container. After opening, it is best to keep the oil container in the refrigerator for no more than 2-4 months.
Walnut oil, which has useful properties and some contraindications, must be stored in the refrigerator for up to 8 months. The home remedy is stored for up to 3 months. Before sending to the refrigerator, tightly screw the bottle cap. It is forbidden to leave raw materials in a sunny place where direct rays penetrate. This will reduce its shelf life and contribute to the loss of healing properties. An alternative to the refrigerator can be a basement or cellar.
Important! Periodically, the product must be checked for taste and color. If he began to smell bad or changed color, it is better to refuse further use.
To choose the right walnut oil, you need to check it according to several criteria.
- Color - from light yellow to amber, transparent.
- The smell is bright nutty.
- The consistency is thick, viscous.
- Sludge - light natural.
- Composition - 100% squeeze from walnut kernels.
When choosing a product, you should pay attention to its price. 100 ml of a useful substance costs about 500 rubles. If the price is underestimated, the likelihood that the product is diluted increases.
Oil can be stored at a temperature not exceeding 20 degrees. The container in which it is located should be glass. It is best to store it in a dark place. The shelf life of industrial unrefined walnut oil in a closed form is up to 6 months. Self-prepared oil is stored for no more than 3 months.
The use of walnut oil
- anti-inflammatory drugs
- emollient creams for elbows and feet,
- wound healing balms,
- milk and suntan oil,
- sedatives after sunbathing,
- anti-cellulite products
- anti-aging creams for face and body.
Walnut oil for the body is used in a pure (undiluted) form, used as the basis for massage oil mixtures and dissolving essential oils, and is also introduced into cosmetic product recipes in the following dosage:
- anti-inflammatory drugs - from 5% to 15%,
- healing balms - up to 50%,
- tanning products, as well as after tanning - up to 30%,
- anti-aging creams - from 5% to 15%.
Useful properties of walnut oil for the skin:
- antibacterial and antiseptic effect,
- reduces inflammation and irritation,
- fights various fungal infections
- restores skin cells, including age-related changes,
- saturates the skin with collagen,
- moisturizes and nourishes
- brightens age spots,
- improves skin color
- strengthens the walls of blood vessels, preventing the manifestation of vascular networks,
- helps in wound healing
- helps get rid of scars and scars of various origins.
Also, a cosmetic product is used during massage or aromatic therapy.
The product can be used by making special masks or adding a couple of drops to the usual shampoo, lotion for washing or nail polish.
Walnut oil is a unique, healthy and natural product that effectively helps restore, strengthen and nourish face and body skin, and is used for hair and nails. It is important to strictly follow the recommendations and consider contraindications.
This vegetable fat is usually not used for frying, because under the influence of high temperature it develops an unpleasant bitterish taste, and many useful substances are destroyed.
The specially processed walnut oil is used by craftsmen in woodworking, and compounds for impregnating and polishing wood are made from it. It was also used by Renaissance artists, and as a diluent for oil paints it is still popular.
- The medicine should not be mixed with food or drink, it is better to take it on an empty stomach, half an hour before a meal.
- For prophylaxis, cleansing the body of toxins, strengthening immunity, 1-2 teaspoons at bedtime will be enough, you can distribute 1 teaspoon three times a day.
- When treating, portions are determined already, depending on the disease.
In children, the dosage of the medicine is different:
- from a year to 3 years - 3-5 drops,
- from 3 to 6 years - 5-10 drops,
- from 6 to 10 years - 1 coffee spoon,
- from 10 years - 1 teaspoon.
Walnut Butter Recipes
Cosmetic masks, balms are applied only on a clean surface - this guarantees the speed and quality of the result, and prevents clogging of pores.
Walnut oil in cosmetology is used in the following formulations:
- The miraculous mask for aging, sensitive and dry skin consists of several components: an oil nut elixir, squeezed peach, almond extract or any essential oil of your choice. Mix all the oil components in equal proportions, add a few drops of the essential agent. Distribute the mixture over the entire surface of the face with massage movements and pressures according to the Asahi technique.
- An effective composition for problematic skin is a combination of a base - a nut remedy and essential extracts of tea tree, thyme, rosemary and lemon balm. In one tablespoon of the base, add 5 drops of essential tea tree, 3 drops of thyme and 2 drops of rosemary, lemon balm. Lightly, in a circular motion, apply the product to the problem areas, massage, wipe the residue with a paper towel.
- Peerless universal express mask is prepared from butter and peanut butter (6-7 drops each) and yolk (1 tsp) combined with honey. The mixture is applied for 30-40 minutes.
- For deep cleansing of pores and giving freshness to the skin, use a mask from one walnut kernel crushed into slurry, 1 tsp. potato starch or rice flour, 1 tsp liquid honey, 1 protein and 0.5 tsp. grated lemon. Combine the protein to a thick foam with the rest of the ingredients. Put the mixture on the steamed surface. After 20 minutes, roll up the remains of the mask in massage directions, rinse with water and apply a nourishing care product.
Face walnut oil
Walnut oil is used for the face, it helps to improve the condition of the skin.
The tool has the following effect:
- retains moisture
- eliminates itching and irritation,
- nourishes the skin
- improves complexion
- relieves signs of fatigue,
- tightens the oval of the face,
- relieves peeling.
Also, the product effectively fights against acne, smoothes shallow wrinkles, and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Walnut Oil - 15 ml.
- Almond extract - 5 ml.
- Peach ether - 5 ml.
How to cook: Combine all the ingredients together.
How to use: Apply on cleansed face with massage movements.
Result: Improves complexion
For problem skin
- Walnut Oil - 20 ml.
- Ether of tea tree - 5 drops.
- Melissa oil - 2 drops
- Thyme ether - 3 drops.
- Rosemary ether - 2 drops.
How to cook: Combine the oils together.
How to use: Massage the composition on problem areas of the skin, massage. Remove excess with a tissue.
Result: Elimination of rashes.
Body Walnut Oil
Walnut oil helps to make the skin supple and hydrated.
The tool can be used for tanning. It will help to get a beautiful and even chocolate shade. Half an hour before going out, distribute a small amount of oil throughout your body - this will protect you from burning your skin.
- Walnut Oil - 15 ml.
- Rosemary ether - 5 drops.
How to cook: Combine the products.
How to use: Use the prepared composition for massage.
Result: Increased skin tone.
Walnut oil for hair
Walnut oil can be used for any type of hair, it strengthens the roots and returns a healthy glow.
Experts recommend using the product if the hair is excessively dry, falls out or splits, as well as if you suffer from dandruff.
Hair Growth Mask
- Kefir - 110 ml.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Yeast - 1 packet.
- Dry mustard - 5 g.
- Walnut Oil - 40 ml.
How to cook: Heat kefir in a water bath, add the rest of the ingredients.
How to use: Apply the resulting mass to the roots, rinse after 30 minutes.
Result: Accelerated hair growth.
Mask with milk
- Homemade milk - 110 ml.
- Walnut Oil - 40 ml.
How to cook: Heat milk to make it warm, add butter to it.
How to use: Apply the resulting mask for 20 minutes on the hair, then rinse.
Result: Nourishes the scalp, restores the structure of the hair.
For the prevention and maintenance of immunity, it is recommended to replace vegetable oil with walnut oil. First you need to make sure that there is no intolerance or allergy by trying 0.5 teaspoons of the mixture. If we are talking about external use, smear the inside of the wrist, hold for half an hour, redness and itching are considered a forbidden unit.
There are different dosages on how to take walnut oil:
- with diabetes - 1 teaspoon three times a day,
- for cleaning the bile ducts - 1 dessert spoon, drink at night, 2 hours after eating,
- with problems with the liver, thyroid gland, colitis - 0.5 tbsp. spoons for the night
- with constipation - 20 g at bedtime, 2 hours after dinner,
- with weight loss - 1 teaspoon three times a day.
Composition and availability of nutrients
Walnut oil is a real storehouse of useful trace elements and substances. It contains polyunsaturated fatty acids, including linolenic and linoleic, carotenoids and retinol, which in the body are converted to vitamin A, E, C, group B, micro and macro elements, such as iodine, calcium, as well as iron, magnesium , copper, zinc, etc.
In addition, it is this oil that is considered the record holder for such beneficial vitamin E and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which make up 77% of the product.
Useful and healing properties
Traditional medicine uses peanut butter as a cure for many diseases. Walnut oil is recommended to be used as an adjuvant for treatment of inflammation of mucous membranes, oncological diseases, tuberculosis, arthritis, colitis, otitis media, diabetes, constipation, stomach and intestinal ulcers.
So, with arthritis, oil can be rubbed into the joints in the evening, before bedtime. Massage of the joint with nut oil diluted with cedar oil (1: 1) is also considered beneficial. The same mixture can also be used for rubbing into diseased veins with thrombophlebitis, varicose veins.
Useful massage and swelling of the legs. To do this, mix a spoonful of nut oil, 2-3 drops of rosemary and cypress oils. With varicose veins and for its prevention, this mixture can be used for gentle massage twice a day. In this case, massage is done with movements directed upward from the affected area. You can not massage the affected vessels and areas next to them.
If you mix 3 tablespoons of nut oil, peanuts and cedar, then the resulting mixture can massage the painful areas with swelling of the joints and viral infections. This massage will alleviate pain and nourish the skin with beneficial elements.
As a prophylactic, it is indispensable for those who have a predisposition to atherosclerosis, heart disease, liver disease, metabolic disorders. It can be consumed during recovery from operations and serious illnesses.
If blood pressure and cholesterol are elevated, doctors recommend drinking half a tablespoon of oil in the morning, biting it with a spoon of honey. To restore the functioning of the liver, to cope with hepatitis and thyroid diseases, colitis, constipation, you can take the same amount of product at night.
The constant use of oil can prevent cancer, asthma, and alleviate toxicosis in pregnant women. It is also useful for pregnant women because vitamin E in its composition plays an important role for the development of the fetus.
With suppuration of wounds, infection of the eyelids, prolonged unhealing of cracks, with burns, you can lubricate damaged areas of the body or face twice a day with nut oil.Treatment of affected areas will also help with eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, acne and herpes.
In addition, peanut butter is a true aphrodisiac. Its special plant enzyme is able to enhance blood circulation in the genitals, as well as stimulate sperm formation.
Unlike walnuts themselves, which are prohibited for use in chronic and acute pancreatitis, oil from this fruit is recommended for the treatment of the disease.
- it improves metabolism, accelerates the release of bile, making ducts elastic,
- oil relieves inflammation of the pancreas,
- vitamins, minerals and coenzyme allow the patient to recover faster.
With this disease, doctors recommend consuming oil 3 times a day half an hour before meals.
For the treatment of pancreatitis, it is necessary to prepare the following solution: 1 tbsp. walnut oil, 2 tbsp decoction of chamomile pharmacy, 1 tbsp. from a decoction of peppermint. Heat the solution in a water bath without boiling. Cool and take on an empty stomach in the morning and before bedtime.
Use in cosmetology
Walnut oil is also used in cosmetology, because thanks to microelements and vitamins in its composition, it is suitable for any skin, moisturizing, nourishing and toning it. This product is part of many creams, hygiene products and balms.
The pure oil used is easily distributed on the skin, absorbing it as quickly as possible and making the skin silky and soft. It is especially recommended for owners of irritated and sensitive skin, as the oil soothes and cools.
Due to the contained fatty acids and antioxidants, walnut oil has anti-aging and regenerating properties, which means that it can be used to combat age-related skin modifications, in particular to get rid of fine wrinkles. To enrich the day or night cream with useful substances, you can add a couple drops of peanut butter, after which any product will be suitable for anti-aging care.
For each skin type, you can use your own face mask with the addition of nut oil. So, for oily and combination skin, a nourishing, brightening mask, which is prepared on the basis of cosmetic clay, is suitable. Add 10 ml of walnut oil and 3 drops of lemon oil to it. The resulting mask is kept on the face for 20 minutes.
For owners of dry skin, a tonic, nourishing mask is suitable. For her, you need to mix cedar, nut and sea-buckthorn oils in equal parts. Skin with such a composition is wiped in the evening, removing excess with a napkin after 15 minutes.
Useful for any skin type and anti-inflammatory mask. For her, you need to prepare an infusion of chamomile, pour two of his spoons into 10 ml of oil, add half a teaspoon of colorless henna. To sustain such a mask on the face for at least 10 minutes.
This product can also be used to lubricate the lips during peeling, dryness, cracking. In winter, 30 minutes before going outside, you can treat your lips with oil.
Walnut oil is also used to effectively strengthen hair. It will help strengthen hair follicles, restore damaged hair, make hair really shiny, protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation, prevent hair loss and accelerate hair growth.
Oil can simply be added to shampoos and balms when washing, but the use of masks will be more effective. So, you can mix 150 ml of kefir with a bag of dry yeast and keep this mixture for about an hour in a warm place, then add the yolk, 5 g of mustard powder and 2 tablespoons of oil to the mass. Such a tool is applied to the hair under the film and fabric, and after 30 minutes it is washed off. You can use another recipe, for which you need to combine a beaten egg, a spoonful of oil and the same amount of honey. This mass is also applied for half an hour.
With constant application to the body, nut oil will tighten the skin, make it smooth and supple.For the body, the product is often used with other oils - almond, apricot, olive. If you apply this mass on wet skin after bathing, it will be moisturized and fragrant for a long time.
Walnut oil is great for massage. For this purpose, it is advised to use it as a base oil, adding additional components if necessary. So, for sensitive skin, it is recommended to add ylang-ylang, mandarin, patchouli oils. For those who have problematic skin, you can add healthy thyme, tea tree, peppermint, rosemary essential oils for massage in peanut butter.
Walnut oil is also used to give the nail plate hardness and evenness, as well as to prevent delamination and lightening of nails. To do this, you can perform such a mask 3 times a week: 2 tablespoons of nut oil, 1 spoon of lemon oil and a couple of drops of lemon juice. This mixture should be rubbed into the nails and cuticle for 20 minutes, after which you just need to wash your hands.
To combat age-related pigmentation on the hands, you can make a mask of mashed potatoes with peanut butter. And for dry skin of the hands it is additionally “flavored” with sour cream.
The use of oil for tanning is also interesting. So, it can be taken with food, thereby protecting the body and skin from the inside, since the product has a truly unique photoprotective property, and can be applied directly to the body as a tanning oil. It is believed that the oil effectively preserves the already acquired tan.
Hazardous properties of walnut oil
There are practically no special reasons for abandoning this product. Often and often you can’t use this oil only to those who suffer from peptic ulcer of the stomach and intestines, gastritis with low acidity (only during exacerbation), and liver dysfunction.
You can take peanut butter during pregnancy only with the permission of a doctor, and while breastfeeding it is better not to use it for food purposes, since peanut butter can provoke an allergy in the baby.
And, of course, you should not use this product for people with individual intolerance to nuts.
The video will show the whole process of producing walnut kernels and healthy oil from this product.
The healing properties of walnut oil
Walnut oil is useful for every human organ system. So, for blood vessels, it is a source of substances that increase elasticity and break down cholesterol. It can be taken with atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, varicose veins, hypertension. Additionally, the oil stimulates the production of red blood cells.
For the stomach and intestines, this is also a useful product. It prevents the development of stomach ulcers, reduces high acidity, and is effective for constipation. Doctors recommend it for hepatitis and other lesions of the liver and gall bladder. The components of the oil increase the outflow of bile, cleanse the liver of toxins, protect hepatocytes from cancer.
The benefits of walnut oil for the health of the respiratory and urinary systems are as follows:
- protects against inflammatory processes during the flu period,
- enhances local immunity,
- helps with tuberculosis, pneumonia, bronchitis,
- relieves the condition with urolithiasis,
- enhances blood flow to the pelvic organs,
- facilitates the exit of small stones from the kidneys.
The product contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system, improves the transmission of nerve impulses, the blood supply to the brain, soothes and normalizes sleep.
For cancer patients, this is a means to improve well-being and combat the further growth of tumors. Oil carries out the prevention of cancer of the mammary glands, ovaries, prostate.
This is an indispensable tool to deal with a delicate problem. Walnut oil envelops the intestinal walls, making them supple and resilient, which improves its peristalsis. Therefore, it is recommended to use it for 1 tsp. on an empty stomach in the morning, 1 hour before meals, until the process is restored.
How to take walnut oil
The official instructions for use of deodorized walnut oil indicate the following regimen:
- adults 3 times a day for dessert or tablespoon depending on weight,
- children from 1 drop to 1 tsp. in a day.
To cleanse the liver, oil is drunk 1 hour before bedtime. For the treatment of diseases of the stomach and intestines, once in the morning on an empty stomach, 1 dessert spoon.
With varicose veins, walnuts and pine nuts are mixed, and problem areas are lubricated. When skin diseases are applied to the face undiluted. For arthritis and other joint diseases, traditional medicine recommends rubbing oil into painful areas and massaging until completely absorbed.
Homemade peanut butter
Since the product is rare and expensive, and walnuts are quite affordable, there is a way to extract oil from them at home. To do this, whole kernels are crushed in a blender or coffee grinder to the smallest particles. Ideally, you should get a mass similar to a cream, but do not be discouraged if the composition of your mass is grainy.
Walnut oil is a rather rare product, and also very expensive. But you can cook it in various ways.
A useful product can be made at home. But, it is worth noting that a home remedy has a shorter shelf life than purchased. Step by step recipe:
- Peel about 1 kg of nuts, chop into small pieces.
- Grind raw materials with a blender.
- The crushed solution must be squeezed with gauze.
- Pour the resulting product into a glass container and send to the refrigerator.
It is better to use dark glass, so the finished product will be able to preserve its useful properties for longer periods of time. Store a home product for no more than 3 months.
You can easily make oil at home if you use the recipe below.
You will need: walnuts - 0.2 kg.
- Pass through a meat grinder or crush walnut kernels in a mortar.
- Take a small gauze and place the resulting composition in it.
- Squeeze the chopped nuts thoroughly to make peanut butter.
Moisturizing, nourishing and toning the skin occurs after applying masks, which are based on walnut oil. It helps moisturize the face, while saturating it with vitamins, which are well absorbed inside.
- Recipe 1. After evening washing, it is necessary to apply a few drops of oil on a dry face with a cotton pad, rub it into the skin with light, massaging movements. Leave on for 5 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel. This procedure will not only improve the complexion, but also moisturize it, and heal small wounds.
- Recipe 2. In 1 tablespoon oil add 5 tbsp. strong broth of chamomile, 5 tablespoons decoction of oak bark and 1 drop of lemon juice. Moisten cotton pads with the resulting and carefully filtered solution and spread them over the face, paying attention to the area around the eyes. Leave the mask for 10-15 minutes. After that, wash yourself with cold water and pat your face with a towel. The procedure is done before bedtime once a week. Such a mask smoothes expression wrinkles, evens out skin color, heals microcracks and eliminates age spots.
- Recipe 3. Grate two medium cucumbers in a deep bowl, add 2 tsp to the mixture. peanut butter and mix everything thoroughly. Spread the gruel on the face in the form of a mask for 20 minutes. After time, remove the mixture from the face with cotton pads. Do not flush. Such a mask will replace a nourishing night cream. You can apply it up to 3 times a week.
- Recipe 4. 3 tbsp dilute honey with 3 tbsp of walnut oil. Steam your face. Apply a thin layer of the mixture on the face with a wooden spatula. Leave on for 30-40 minutes. Rinse with warm running water. Blot with a soft towel. Such a mask deeply moisturizes the skin, relieves inflammation, improves its color and elasticity. The anti-aging effect will be visible after the first use of the mask.Use once every 2 weeks.
- Recipe 5. 1 tsp ginger gruel, 1 tbsp. ether from walnut and 3 tablespoons mix cucumber juice in a non-metal container. Use the solution as a moisturizing tonic, apply with light movements, as if wiping the skin of the face. You can use this recipe once a month.
How to choose and store walnut oil
For the purchase of funds it is better to use trusted stores or pharmacies. In such retail outlets, it is less likely to stumble on a fake or poor-quality product. You can also order goods on the Internet at various trading floors. What to look for when buying:
- It is better to choose a cold-pressed product, it retained all the properties of a walnut.
- You need to buy the product in a small package. When the oil is opened, its shelf life is sharply reduced, so the purchase of small volumes will help to avoid spoiled residues.
- During the selection, you should focus on the smell. The natural remedy has a nutty flavor that does not have tart flavors.
- The hue of natural oil is yellow or golden.
- The natural product has a viscous and thick consistency, a pleasant taste. Liquid is fake.
Using these rules, the chance of buying low-quality goods is reduced.
Walnut oil is used in masks. In the simplest case, it is simply applied to the skin. As a result, you can count on the following positive effects:
- Deep hydration of the skin.
- Saturation of cells with nutrients.
- Removing inflammation, reducing acne.
- Softening the epidermis. This is especially important in areas where it needs to be removed (feet, hands, elbows, etc.).
- Acceleration of regeneration and smoothing of wrinkles.
Walnut oil is not an elixir of youth, but it provides the skin with nutrients, slowing aging.
Masks with walnut oil help strengthen and repair damaged hair. They are best suited for very dry and brittle hair. Oil masks relieve inflammation of the scalp and hair follicles, heal wounds and relieve dandruff. Moreover, fatty acids give strength and shine to any type of hair.
- Recipe 1. Before each shampoo, intensively rub walnut oil into the skin in a circular motion, leaving such a mask for 10-15 minutes, wrapping your head in a towel, creating a greenhouse effect. After that, wash off the oil with warm water and wash your hair as usual. You may need to repeat the washing procedure a second time. Such a mask activates hair growth, healing and moisturizing the scalp, thereby eliminating dandruff.
- Recipe 2. In a deep cup add 1 tbsp. walnut oil and 5 tablespoons cucumber juice, add honey. Heat the resulting mixture in a water bath without boiling. Add 1 tablespoon to the solution. shampoo. Apply to hair, wrap head with cling film and a towel, leave for 30 minutes. Wash off the mask and wash your hair in the usual way. Such nutrition for hair and scalp will have a beneficial effect on strengthening hair follicles, relieve itching and inflammation of problem areas, and also protect hair from drying out.
- Recipe 3. Mix oil with shampoo. Wash your hair with this mixture daily for a week. This procedure will strengthen the hair, create a protective film, get rid of split ends and save from ultraviolet rays. In addition, the curls will become more docile and shiny.
Can I take for weight loss?
Despite the high calorie content of peanut butter, it can help if you need to lose weight. The fact is that a low-calorie diet does not mean a complete rejection of fats - on the contrary, to lose weight without harming yourself, you need to eat a balanced diet.
Nut oil, with its nutrient-rich composition, optimally saturates the body even in small quantities, without losing balance in calories.
For weight loss, walnut oil can be taken as follows:
- In the morning before breakfast, on an empty stomach, drink a teaspoon of walnut oil about half an hour before meals. In this case, it will have time to fully assimilate. It is best to use in this way the first cold-pressed, unrefined oil.
- Use it as a salad dressing. However, here it is necessary to take into account the calorie content of peanut butter and not overdo it with the amount. And it’s completely useless to fry something in walnut oil: the food will not go bad, but almost all the valuable vitamins will be lost.
- Finally, it is extremely important when using weight loss to use oil and mixtures with it for wraps and rubbing. If you lose weight dramatically, the skin loses its tone and sag. Additionally, external nutrition will help maintain its elasticity.
To tan evenly and stay until autumn, beauticians recommend using walnut oil before sunbathing. When using oil in the solarium or on the beach, the secretion of melanin is activated, due to which the skin becomes darker, acquiring a bronze tint. In addition, such a cream protects the skin from overheating and burning, moisturizes it, nourishes with vitamins and minerals.
- A tan recipe. To get a bright tan of 5 tbsp during vacation walnut ether add 1 drop of tea tree oil, 1 drop of lavender oil and tea rose oil. To apply such a tanning cream is necessary without the use of cotton or gauze disks. So the drug will lie evenly without oversaturated the skin.
- Recipe after tanning. To soothe and cool the skin after sunbathing, walnut oil must be mixed with 2 drops of orange juice, cool and then apply. After 30 minutes, take a contrast shower without using soap or gels.
The oil is useful for cracks in the heels, rough skin on the elbows and hands, with scars and scars after surgery. They can lubricate the body after shaving to prevent irritation. If the body has a pronounced capillary network and varicose veins, it is applied every evening to problem areas until the condition improves.
If there are age spots on the body, they are also lubricated with oil. Weathered lips with cracks in the corners are useful to lubricate with a clean product. If you mix the sleeping coffee grounds with oil, you get a good natural scrub that not only removes dead skin particles, but also evens out its color.
Walnut oil is used in the culinary traditions of the countries where the plant grows. This is the Balkan Peninsula, the Mediterranean. Eastern and Caucasian cuisines also use it very often:
- in salads and cold dishes,
- dressings and cold pasta or pizza sauces,
- marinades for poultry and fish,
- pies and cakes.
Among the most famous dishes using walnut ether are Caucasian mamalyga, French vinaigrette, Italian pizza with arugula and walnut oil, Neapolitan walnut paste, Georgian salad with green beans.
Do not forget that the nutty taste in the oil is quite pronounced, so when adding it to the dishes, it is worth observing the proportions so that the taste of the main product does not disappear.
Using Walnut Oil in Cooking
This product is used in cooking along with olive. It is especially appreciated in Asian countries. It is added to dressings for salads, marinades for meat and fish. On its basis, cold sauces are prepared for second courses.
When preparing the dough, you can add a little of this oil to give the baking a light nutty flavor. But it is best to use it fresh without heating. So it retains all the beneficial properties and is easily absorbed by the human digestive system.
Is it possible to fry walnut oil
It is important to note that when heated, walnut oil acquires a bitter aftertaste, while the nutritional properties of the product deteriorate. Therefore, its use for frying is not common.
Some cooks still use a mixture for roasting meat and fish, which includes walnut oil.
Harmful walnut oil and contraindications
There is a minimum of contraindications for such a valuable oil. You can not take it with an exacerbation of peptic ulcer, as well as gastritis with low acidity. Serious liver damage, including cirrhosis, is also a direct contraindication. There are people with individual intolerance to this product.
It can also cause harm with colitis, diarrhea, intestinal infections, fever, psoriasis. For the rest, you can safely use oil, starting with a small dose to monitor the body's reaction.
How to choose?
A high quality product has the following features:
- A characteristic greenish brown hue.
- Lack of sediment and delamination. Dregs settled to the bottom of the vessel are a sign of a violation of the technical process and poor cleaning.
- Light and natural aroma. Too pungent odor is a sign that the oil has passed at least one heating cycle.
Truly useful only peanut butter of the first cold pressed, heat-treated, it is slightly better than ordinary sunflower.
In case of doubt, you should ask the seller for a quality certificate and verify its authenticity.
How to drink?
In the case when walnut oil is used as a medicine, it is taken orally in the following dosage:
- 1 teaspoon.
- At least half an hour before meals.
- The number of receptions is 2-3 times a day.
Do not be afraid of an overdose. If there is no allergy or gastrointestinal diseases, walnut oil will not cause harm to the body.
In addition, you can use nut butter for 1 dessert spoon on an empty stomach in the morning before breakfast, or on the contrary, before going to bed 2-3 hours after dinner.
For children, a different dosage is used:
- At the age of 1 to 3 years - 3-5 drops 1 time per day.
- From 3 to 6 years - 10-12 drops.
- From 6 to 10 years - 15 drops.
- Older than 10 years - 1 teaspoon once a day.
In addition, from this age, oil can be used simply as a food product, seasoning it with cereals and salads.
Harm and contraindications
Walnut oil has bright healing properties, but there are still contraindications to its use. Neglecting them can cause serious harm to your body.
- Individual intolerance. Nuts of any kind can cause allergies. Therefore, it is worth taking oil with caution, and best of all, gradually, following the reaction of the body.
- Acute diseases are also a contraindication to the use of such a remedy, since a weakened body does not always adequately respond to high-calorie foods. This is especially true of peptic ulcer of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute stage.
- Severe poisoning, nausea and vomiting are a contraindication to the use of oil.
- It is also worthwhile to refuse to take walnut oil for people with high blood coagulability, since phylloquinone in the composition of the drug increases this function of the circulatory system.
- An elevated temperature of unknown etiology is the reason for refusing to use the drug until its occurrence is clarified.
Particular attention should be paid to the therapeutic use of oil in preschool children. An unformed child’s body can unpredictably respond to the medicinal properties of the product. Therefore, before using it, consult a pediatrician.
The benefits and harms of walnut oil are individual for each individual. It must be remembered that this is a vitamin-rich product that comprehensively affects human organs and systems. It shows high efficiency in the fight against chronic diseases, protects against the action of free radicals and helps to prolong youth.
What do they usually eat?
- In cooking, peanut butter is combined with almost any product. Many even like to eat it, just dripping it on a piece of bread. In dishes, it is used as dressing for salads and cereals.
- In cosmetology, it is combined with boiled crushed potatoes, cosmetic clay and glycerin.
- It can also be added to any hair mask.
- The intake of this vegetable fat can be carried out directly through dishes by adding it to salads, soups or snacks.
- For preventive and therapeutic purposes, a medicinal product should be taken after consultation with a doctor.
- Most often, adults are prescribed 1 tsp. half an hour before meals 2 times a day.
- To normalize digestion, the oil is used in the morning on an empty stomach, 1 tbsp.
- To cleanse the liver, kidneys and other organs and systems, 1 tablespoon is prescribed. oil before going to bed.
Caution is prescribed for children. Since nuts and their derivatives are highly allergenic products, it is worth starting the intake with 1 drop after breakfast. Gradually, you need to increase the dose to 3 drops 2-3 times a day (in the absence of an allergic reaction).
Children under 5 years can take up to 5 drops at bedtime, from 5 to 10 - 10 drops, over 10 years - 1 tsp. at bedtime.
Georgian green bean salad
It will require the following products:
- A pound of green beans.
- 3 cloves of garlic.
- Parsley and cilantro - 1 bunch each.
- Walnut oil - 4-5 tablespoons.
- Wine vinegar - 2 tablespoons.
- Black pepper and salt to taste.
- Green beans are washed, her ponytails are removed, after which they are put in pots and heated over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Then the pan is removed from the heat and left for another 20 minutes to reach (therefore, it is better to take thick-walled dishes that give less heat).
- While the beans arrive, dressing is being prepared: cilantro and parsley are chopped finely, mixed with oil and vinegar, pepper and salt are added.
- After that, the beans are seasoned and mixed - and the dish is ready.
Oil is rubbed into damaged, dry skin with light movements, do not rinse.
Like many drugs, walnut oil should be taken in courses, intermittently.
One of the most common treatment regimens for this product looks like this.
- 1 week - 1 tablespoon each on an empty stomach in the morning.
- 2 weeks - 1 tsp. 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
- 3 weeks - 1 tsp. 4 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
- 4 weeks - 1 tbsp. 2 hours before bedtime.
This is followed by a 1 month break, after which you can repeat the course again. It is possible to use no more than 4 courses per year.
Green Sea Salad
Will require the following ingredients:
- 200 g of lettuce.
- A bunch of green onions.
- 200 g. Balyka.
- Walnut oil - 4 tablespoons (can be cut in half with olive).
- A third of lemon (juice and zest).
- Ground black pepper, sea salt to taste.
- Seasoning - Provencal herbs or similar.
It is prepared as follows:
- Juice is squeezed out of the lemon, the zest is rubbed.
- Oil, zest, salt and seasoning are mixed.
- The balyk is finely cut and mixed with dressing.
- Salad and half the onion are finely chopped and mixed, then added to the balyk.
- On top of the finished dish sprinkled with the remnants of green onions.
How and how much to store this food product?
The oil is stored exclusively in the refrigerator away from sunlight (like flaxseed, peanut butter polymerizes under ultraviolet light). The shelf life of an opened bottle is not more than 60 days, therefore, it is better to buy oil in small quantities.
Walnut oil is a unique product both in calorie content and in composition. Therefore, it can be used not only in cooking, but also in cosmetology and even medicine. The main thing in this case is only to use it correctly.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter.
Most walnut oil producers use a press.At the same time, walnut kernels are peeled and no longer processed. There is a squeezing of them. Thus, unrefined cold-pressed oil is obtained. It is the most useful, since it does not heat up and does not lose its useful properties.
In Mediterranean countries, where hazel is grown in whole gardens, eco-friendly walnut oil is produced using special wooden mortar presses. Such a production helps to obtain the highest class oil, since each drop of a unique product is in contact only with a tree.
In modern mass production, metal presses are used, therefore, during squeezing, some oxidation of the product occurs, which reduces its storage time.
In some cases, to give the caramel nutty taste to the oil, the kernels are fried and only then put under the press, squeezing a useful and nutritious product. This method is called hot pressing and is rarely used.
At home, you can also make several varieties of walnut oil.
The most common of them is the preliminary grinding of the kernels in a meat grinder, and then in a blender to a fine substance. A few tablespoons of vegetable oil are added to the resulting mass, wrapped in 3 layers of gauze and squeezed homemade nutty potion. The resulting oil is stored for no more than 3 months in a dark place.
Some housewives make butter nut butter. The kernels crushed in a blender are mixed with butter. Beat the resulting mass for about 15 minutes at medium speed, obtaining a lush, pasty product. It is added to the fillings for tartlets, meat sauces, as well as creams for cakes.
Interesting facts about walnuts
Walnut is unique not only for its nutritional component, but also for historical facts and legends.
Many walnut botanists call Voloshsky. The history of such a nickname comes down to the Romance peoples who called the Volokh. Some sources claim that the oldest finds of this plant were found precisely in the possessions of the Volokhs. Hence the name Voloshsky nut.
Not a nut
Many people are mistaken in considering a walnut to be a nut. In fact, it is a strong spherical bone (drupes) with several partitions and a core inside.
Not from greece
One of the erroneous allegations is that the name "walnut" occurred precisely because of the historical homeland of this plant - Greece. This is completely wrong. Historians point to Persian origin, although archaeologists note that traces of walnuts were found in both India and China.
The Greeks themselves called the bones a Persian nut, and the Persians, believing in their magical power, called the kernels the king nut. But the name "Greek" nut originates in Italy, when it was the Greeks who brought this fruit to a Mediterranean country.
In Russia, the word "Greek" did not take root. It was reduced to a convenient "Greek". This name of the nut began to spread.
The legend of Caria
Many researchers associate the name "walnut" with the legends of Greece. There is a belief that the walnut tree is the beloved of the god Dionysus, the daughter of King Laconia, who died. Loving and heartbroken Dionysus turned her into a tree. Since then, the word "hazel" the ancient Greeks began to call "nut" or "hazel". This tree was considered a sacred protector.
In ancient times, more than 8000 years ago (the approximate date of the origin of the walnut), ancient people learned about the unique properties of this plant. In ancient Persia, the nut was called "royal." Only kings could eat it. Thanks to beneficial effects on the brain, he relieved headaches, added strength, helped to recover quickly after an illness, and concentrated.The servants were by no means allowed to eat such a product so that they would not become smarter and not make a coup.
Currently, residents of the Caucasus consider a walnut a sacred tree. In cities and villages you can see trees that are more than 400 years old.
It is believed that walnut is the oldest cultivated plant.
Thus, it is safe to say that walnut kernel oil has a range of healing properties. Its use in various areas of human life is justified by nutritional and regenerative characteristics. But do not forget that any food supplement can cause great harm if it is used incorrectly. Before using the product, consult a specialist.