The cosmetics industry is still able to surprise. Exotic products, from the name of which blows the spirit of the East, promises to turn hair into a sparkling cascade without much effort. Is it worth believing such a tempting prospect? Argan oil has come under the spotlight of “Well-groomed” today: hair properties, reviews and methods of using an unusual remedy will be examined in detail.
Argan Oil for Hair: Properties of Magic Fluid
To the average consumer, the name of the product says little, which is not surprising. Oil is obtained from the seeds of the fruit of a tree, the area of growth of which is limited to the territory of modern Morocco. Given the extreme limited distribution and low yield of the product, its high cost is understandable. The benefits of argan oil for hair becomes clear when considering its composition:
- Tocopherol. A powerful antioxidant known to us as Vit. E stimulates regeneration processes. Due to this, all tissues saturated with tocopherol are actively restored, which means that thin, weakened, damaged curls become healthy again.
- Polyphenols These substances of plant origin are widely used in anti-age cosmetology and trichology. The magical ability to excrete metabolic products and accelerate the rate of biochemical reactions stimulates hair growth, making them softer and more obedient.
- Organic acids. Natural anti-inflammatory components eliminate the itching and burning sensation associated with dry skin. Thanks to the removal of inflammation, concomitant peeling of the epidermis and dandruff are eliminated.
- Fatty acid. Essential substances that form the thinnest protective film on the hair shaft. This sticks together the scales and eliminates the problem of split ends, protects against the direct influence of damaging factors and prevents the loss of moisture through evaporation.
- Sterols Essential for awakening sleeping follicles and forming a healthy, strong hair shaft. If you regularly use argan oil for hair care, customer reviews suggest that the density of the hairstyle increases markedly.
The limited annual production makes argan oil literally precious. At the same time, in stores, the cost of a product of various brands differs dozens of times. Do not be seduced by the low price so as not to buy a fake, but pay attention to the country of origin. Real argan oil is produced only in Morocco (country barcode 611).
Composition and beneficial properties of argan oil for hair
For owners of hair that breaks, breaks and falls out, argan oil will seem a real salvation. If you use it methodically and regularly, it is possible to return the shine and smoothness.
As a result of the use of argan oil, the damage disappears and the hair structure is restored, due to this they become silky. An official list of alopecia aids also contains this product.
The effect of argan oil on hair:
- It neutralizes the effect of an aggressive external environment. Temperature extremes and jumps in humidity, cold, ultraviolet do not damage the hair structure.
- Aging of the scalp and hair follicles slows down.
- The oil quickly eliminates the problem of dryness, peeling of the scalp and dandruff. Thanks to the nutrition of the bulbs and the restoration of the structure, the problem of split ends and prolapse disappears.
- Strengthening hair leads to their rapid growth, they stop fluffing.
- Unlike other oils, argan oil is washed off quickly and easily.
Argan Oil Composition
Oil from Morocco has a rich composition. See for yourself how many useful components:
- vitamins A, E (agranic oil contains 3 times more vitamin E than olive),
- omega-3, -6, -9 fatty acids,
The healing properties of argan oil are also due to the content of fatty acids (80% of the total), of which approximately:
- 50% - linoleic,
- 15% - α-linolenic,
- 12% - oleic,
- 3% - γ-linoleic,
- 1% - arachidonic.
Argan Oil - Product Features
Scientists are still conducting various studies, trying to find out whether all the beneficial properties of argan oil are being used properly. And owners of problem skin or hair again ask questions about how justified the reputation of this natural cosmetic product is.
Is it really worth the money? How to use it to get the maximum benefit for beauty and health?
The trees from which this precious oil is obtained in Morocco, rightfully called "liquid gold", can grow for 200 years. Their wood is very durable and is usually used for furniture.
But the oily liquid itself, obtained from the nuts of this plant, has a bright red color and a slightly nutty flavor. In turn, the chemical composition of argan oil, according to researchers, includes a huge amount of a variety of polyunsaturated fatty acids and unsaturated fats.
It is worth paying attention to the rich vitamin composition. For example, vitamin E in this substance contains 2 times more than in the famous and popular olive oil. Polyphenols make the strands smooth and elastic, fatty acids enrich the hair structure from the outside, and sterols are famous for anti-aging functions.
How to use argan oil for hair: general rules
The ways to use this unique product are in many ways similar to traditional oils used to restore the beauty of curls (burdock, castor, linseed and others). If you plan to use argan oil for hair, the benefits and harms must be compared and the rules for use observed:
- The exotic product is completely unfamiliar to our immune system, and is potentially capable of causing allergies. Be sure to conduct a sensitivity test by applying a couple of drops of oil on the flexion surface of the forearm, rub it lightly into the skin and wait 12 hours, then evaluate the reaction. Even slight redness, itching, or a rash suggests that you should choose a different way of care.
- It can be used both for clean, just washed hair, and for not quite fresh. In the first case, the composition plays the role of a light indelible oil, and in the second, an intensive nourishing mask.
- If you are concerned about excessive fatness of the strands, apply argan oil for hair care only on the ends. To nourish the scalp and hair roots, prepare a mask with the addition of drying ingredients: egg white, alcohol or lemon juice.
- The healing composition should be applied to dry and normal hair starting from the scalp. Massage it in a circular motion of the fingertips, then add a little more funds in the palm of your hand and distribute it along the length, paying special attention to the tips.
- To enhance the penetration of beneficial components, add the thermal factor: warm the oil before application to 40 ° C, and then wrap your head with cling film or cellophane, and wrap a towel on top.
- If the selected recipe contains drying ingredients, the exposure time of the mask should not exceed 40 minutes. In other cases, a longer period of action is preferable, and you can apply argan oil to your hair for a period of 2 to 8 hours.
- The oil is very light and does not cause flushing problems. Soap the hair for the first time without first soaking, rinse and re-soap again.
- The best way to use it is through courses. At the stage of active treatment, use oil 2-3 times a week for 2 months, after which supportive care once a week is enough.
Hair damaged as a result of perm, heat styling or dyeing needs intensive restoration. In this case, a thick layer of the mask can be applied at night. Wrap the plastic wrap on top and put on a hat with a thick elastic band. Just in case, do not forget to put on the pillow an old pillowcase.
Nutrients in Argan Oil
Two varieties of oil are produced: for cooking and for cosmetology. Food is prepared from fried argan fruits, it is extremely beneficial for health. The result of the restoration of the body from the inside and saturation with useful substances is a more attractive appearance, including hair growth.
For hair care, oil is prepared from fresh fruits, it has a light shade and a neutral taste.
Substances in the composition that affect the health of the hair:
- natural tocopherols, compounds of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant,
- high molecular weight proteins that create a natural defense,
- 80% unsaturated fatty acids protect against moisture loss,
- Essential fatty acids, including linolenic, which the body does not produce on its own.
Vitamin Oil Mask
With the help of pharmacy vitamins, you can enrich the already rich in valuable substances argan remedy. Such vitamins are sold in pharmacies in the form of ampoules with oil solutions.
- Vitamin A - 1 ampoule.
- Vitamin E - 1 ampoule.
- Argan oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Heat the oil to a comfortable temperature.
- Add vitamins, mix.
- Apply for 30-45 minutes under a hat and a towel.
- Wash off with warm water and shampoo.
How to get argan oil
Argan oil is made from the fruits of the Argan tree (lat .: Argania spinosa). This tree is 8-10 m high with spiny branches, growing in extreme conditions. It grows over 200 years, bears fruit only after 15 years. Trees are found in southwestern Morocco, where they resist extreme heat and drought due to hydration from the ground through deep roots.
Argania bears fruit several times a year. The older the tree, the more often it produces fruit. They resemble green olives, which turn yellow when ripe. The most valuable component is the stone from which the precious oil is squeezed. For every liter of argan oil, up to 30 kg of fruit is consumed.
Since this is a tree that could not be grown in any other place, oil production is limited, and its cost is high. Argan oil is the most expensive in the world. Local tribes have a monopoly on production, and Berber women follow the traditional production process. The fruits are picked, the seeds are separated and manually fried.
There are 3 types of Moroccan oil:
- cold pressed from fried seeds (for cooking only),
- cold pressed from unroasted seeds (suitable for both therapeutic and culinary use due to the high concentration of nutrients),
- cosmetic oil from unroasted seeds.
The seeds of argan fruits are subjected to cold pressing in stone mills. The result is a creamy paste, which is kneaded by hand until oil leaves it. This process takes about 24 hours.
In 1998, thanks to UNESCO, the territory with the presence of argan became a nature reserve. The organization estimates that about 20 million trees remain.
How to use argan oil more effectively?
Of course, such a valuable substance can be used not only for the preparation of cosmetic potions, but also for a variety of dishes, but its extremely high cost can become a serious obstacle.
Even the local Berber population in Morocco, who produces such a product on their own, prefers to very selectively add it to food, sending it for export and making substantial profit.
The concentration of linoleic and oleic acid in this oil makes it the most valuable component specifically for the production of cosmetic and medicinal products necessary for those who suffer from various skin diseases, such as acne or eczema, and also tries to improve their hair and nails and improve their appearance view.
How to use for cosmetic purposes
To feel all the beneficial properties of a product, you need to know how to use it correctly.
The basic rules for using argan oil for hair:
- the product is applied to washed, slightly damp hair, first on the scalp with massaging movements, and then from the roots to the ends,
- Grease damaged hair with a heated substance, comb with a rare comb, put on a warming cap. Keep on your head for at least 40 minutes, you can leave it all night, and in the morning wash your hair with shampoo. You can additionally use a balm to facilitate rinsing,
- you can use the product in its pure form 2 times a week for 3 months. Then you need to take a two-week break,
- the color of the substance can range from golden to dark yellow. The color difference on the product’s properties is not reflected in any way,
- from a quality oil should come a light nutty flavor. If the product smells unpleasant, then this is a fake.
How to use argan oil for hair:
Argan oil for hair: a method of application for every taste
The uniqueness of this product is in its especially light structure. Unlike many vegetable oils, it does not oxidize in air, and does not form a dense, oily hair film. Thanks to this, the curls after it become soft and flowing, without typical weighting. You can use argan oil for hair in various ways, which allows you to choose the most comfortable one for you.
Mask with honey for shine
Honey will add softness and ease the flushing of oil. Liquid honey is preferred. But if it is candied, it can be melted in the microwave or steamed. Keep in mind that honey is a strong allergen - be sure to check for a negative reaction to it.
- Honey - 1 tablespoon.
- Argan oil - 3 tablespoons.
- Heat honey to 40-50 degrees in a glass bowl.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Apply to wet hair for 30-60 minutes.
- Rinse with shampoo, there is no need for a balm.
How to avoid buying a fake
Argan oil is gaining popularity, even in the composition of simple shampoos from the mass market, it gives a noticeable effect. Unfortunately, unscrupulous manufacturers are trying to fake it. A few recommendations for choosing a quality product will protect your wallet and hair.
- Natural argan oil is packaged only in glass; it is not stored in plastic.
- If you smear a drop of oil on the skin, it instantly absorbs without greasy marks or stains.
- The mild recognizable herbal smell of argan cannot be confused with another. The first time you should buy oil from a trusted seller or ask to smell in a good salon.
- It has a rich light golden color.
- Each jar contains information on the composition, production date, expiration date on wax wax or a paper label. It should not include silicones, dyes and aromatic additives, such a composition will disappoint after use.
The benefits of argan oil for internal and external use
Argan oil is a source of healthy fat that has a beneficial effect on the body.
Benefits of internal use:
- Immune System Support. Vitamins, antioxidants, “good” fats - this is a combination that improves the body's defenses, protects it from many diseases.
- Protection and restoration of cells from free radicals. Phytosterols are antioxidants that eliminate the effects of free radicals in cells.
- Cancer PreventionPhytosterols, vitamins and other substances increase immunity, protect cells, thereby preventing their damage to cancer cells.
- Detoxification of the body, antiseptic and antibacterial action. Vitamins in combination with "good" fats provide a natural cleansing of the body, eliminate inflammatory elements, bacteria. Argan oil is also suitable for the prevention of inflammation, flu, colds.
- Supply of healthy fat to the body. Fatty unsaturated acids (omega-3, -6, -9) are an effective way to remove harmful fats from the body. They lower high cholesterol, high blood pressure.
- Support digestion and metabolism. Healthy fats and acids are responsible for these properties.
Most often, argan oil is used externally.The benefits of argan oil for external use:
- Preservation of youth, skin tightness. A high percentage of vitamin E, necessary for youthful skin, provides skin hydration.
- Elimination of fine wrinkles. Vitamin E makes the skin supple, eliminates small wrinkles. To achieve this effect, regular use is required.
- Skin restoration, support for wound healing. Vitamins A, E, acids contribute to the regeneration, disinfection of skin lesions, diseases.
- Improving the healing process of burns. Healthy fats moisturize burned skin, promote quick healing.
- Recovery, growth support, improving the quality of hair, nails. Argan oil is an enveloping oil, so even a drop of oil applied to clean, damp hair can transform curls.
- Moisturizing the scalp (eliminating dandruff). Fats, acids and vitamins are responsible for these properties.
Argan oil is rich primarily in unsaturated fatty acids, which are very important for the normal functioning of the protective mechanisms of the human body.
Regular replenishment of the internal reserves of such substances helps to improve blood circulation, and also helps to cope with inflammatory processes, simultaneously preventing excessive platelet aggregation and providing a preventive effect on the cardiovascular system.
A significant amount of vitamin E allows you to use this drug even as a natural supplement to homemade masks and creams designed for dry and problem skin.
Recipes and uses
The substance can be used as a standalone product or added to hair masks.
It helps to actively moisturize, nourish the scalp.
With anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects, the product protects it from the development of infections, fungal diseases, calms, softens.
Effectively restores weak, brittle, dull hair.
The beneficial substances that make up the chemical composition also strengthen, stimulate their growth, returning them to a flowering appearance.
Mask for active hair growth
Use this once a week or once every 10 days for a month. Then take a break for at least a month. Although to nourish the ends of the hair and prevent split ends, you can continue to apply argan oil on them immediately after washing or already dry. It is useful to preheat it to 40-45 degrees, in the form of heat it will give the hair even more nutrients and will be much more effective.
Mask with essential oils
Essential oils have a strong effect on curls. They help argan oil to penetrate as deep as possible, and also warm the scalp, nourish and enhance shine.
- Em. cinnamon - 1 drop.
- Em. hit - 2 drops.
- Em. Lemongrass - 2 drops.
- Em. lavender - 1 drop.
- Argan oil - 3 tablespoons.
- Heat argan in a water bath.
- Add all the oils, mix and immediately apply to the entire length of the hair.
- Put on a hat, wrap a towel.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse thoroughly with shampoo.
The use of argan oil for hair
For care, you can buy ready-made products - shampoos or masks, or pure oil. There are many ways to use it:
- can be added to a shampoo or conditioner rinse in a single serving immediately before use,
- used to prepare masks in pure form or with other components,
- neatly sprayed or rubbed into the tips for speedy recovery.
The easiest way to revitalize damaged hair is to rub a couple of drops of oil in the palms and quickly rub into the ends. Rinse it off is not required, it does not leave greasy spots.
The method is suitable for any type of hair, and gives an excellent moisturizing and firming effect. In this embodiment, the product is used in accordance with all the rules of oil masks:
- Preheat it to a temperature of 40⁰, which corresponds to a well-hot but not burning oil. Do not wash your hair beforehand.
- Apply to the roots and massage the scalp with your fingertips. The standard massage time is 10-15 minutes, so if you have the patience, stick to such a duration.
- Wrap your head in cellophane and a towel and leave for an hour or more, then rinse your hair thoroughly.
When you apply the mask to your hair, an oil film will cover your hands. Do not rush to wash it off, it is better to lubricate the face, hands and neck, because the healing properties of argan will be useful to your skin and nails.
How to choose real argan oil
Determining the quality of argan oil is not easy. The main characteristics of a quality product will help in choosing:
What cosmetic argan oil should look like:
- color - golden, transparent after sedimentation,
- aroma - delicate, characteristic, with a pleasant nutty tinge, after some time after application to the skin, the aroma almost disappears,
- effect - the oil has an average density, is well absorbed, leaves a distinct velvety sensation on the skin,
- Recommended packaging is dark, preferably glass (does not release chemicals into the product).
For culinary use:
- the color is a little darker than golden
- aroma - intense nutty aroma reminiscent of roasted peanuts,
- the taste is expressive, resembles the taste of roasted nuts,
- Recommended packaging is dark, preferably glass (does not release chemicals into the product).
The oil should not contain preservatives - it already contains a high percentage of natural vitamin E, a natural preservative. In addition, a quality product should not contain flavorings. Only one component is indicated on the package, namely 100% pure argan oil (in the INCI nomenclature - Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil). Any added substance can mask imperfections, cause harm in the form of allergic reactions.
Protect argan oil bottles from direct sunlight. Store the product in sealed bottles. Use the oil for 6 months after the first opening.
Smaller bottles are recommended, as over time, the quality of argan oil may deteriorate.
Moisturizing the skin and hair
The powerful potential of argan oil is also successfully used in the process of caring for the whole body. This is especially true for hair, nails and facial skin. The structure of this substance allows the components contained in it to easily penetrate the body's external protective barriers, moisturizing and nourishing the skin, hair and nails well.
For this method of application, the high price of this natural drug will not be an obstacle, because only a few drops of it, applied to the washed and moistened skin of the neck, face, and decollete, can make it soft and supple, having a truly wonderful effect.
Important! With regular rubbing into the skin of the head, the work of the sebaceous glands is normalized, dry locks are moistened, damaged ones are restored, falling out are strengthened, weakened are protected from the negative environmental effects.
When buying a product, you need to pay attention to the country of origin, if it is not Morocco, then this is a fake with dubious qualities of components.
Mask with yolk for nutrition and dandruff
Yolk and oil are a classic homemade mask. To get rid of dandruff, you need to do it once a week for two months. Then give the hair a month of rest and continue the procedure.
- Yolk - 2 pcs.
- Argan oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Em. Tea tree - 3 drops.
- Separate the yolks.
- Mix with argan and tea tree essential oil.
- Apply to the entire length, but pay special attention to the roots. You can do a light massage for 2 minutes.
- Wrap with cellophane or put on a hat.
- Wash off after 30 minutes with mild shampoo.
How often can argan oil be used
A tangible result from the use of the product appears after three months of use. The oil is so rich in nutrients that one or two uses per week in any form are sufficient. Spoil hair with this substance does not work, since the excess is not absorbed, but contraindications exist:
- in rare cases, individual intolerance to the components of the product may be observed,
- allergies can occur if there are wounds, scratches, or scratches on the scalp.
The shelf life of the product is two years maximum, it is dangerous to use expired. This can lead to dry scalp, redness and dandruff.
Dry, split ends of the hair after standard washing and styling do not look the best. To moisturize them and hold the hair shaft flakes together, Moroccan Argan Hair Oil is used as follows:
- Put 3-4 drops of oil on your palm, and hold for a minute to warm up.
- Rub the product on the palms and stroke the ends of the hair between them, saturating them with moisturizers.
- Comb yourself and use your favorite styling method, you do not need to wash off the product.
This method can be used after each hair wash, because the natural structure is not inferior in lightness to cosmetic oils, the formula of which was created specifically for these purposes.
Ways to use Argan Oil for Hair
Since the product has a high concentration of active substances, an allergic reaction test is mandatory before applying it - apply to the bend of the elbow and check the skin. The only contraindication may be individual intolerance to the components of natural raw materials.
To moisturize the scalp, argan oil is used as an independent product - it is rubbed into the scalp after washing the hair, aged for 20 minutes and washed off with running warm water using mild shampoo. After it is recommended to apply a moisturizing balm.
To accelerate growth
The following nutrient mixture will help accelerate growth and get rid of dandruff: 1 tbsp. spoonful of mustard powder pour 3 tbsp. tablespoons of warm cranberry juice, leave for half an hour.
Also, for rapid growth, it is recommended to rub an oil mixture into the scalp. Take 1 tbsp. teaspoon of olive oil, mix with 1 teaspoon camellia and argan oil, 10 drops of lavender.
Blue clay mask for oily hair
If you want to use argan oil for hair, but it is worried about their excessive fat content, it is recommended to try this recipe.
- Blue clay - 1 tablespoon.
- A decoction of oak bark - 1 tablespoon.
- Argan oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Prepare a decoction of oak bark.
- Pour the clay with a decoction, mix.
- Add oil, mix everything and apply on the head under a hat and a towel.
- Wash off after 45-60 minutes.
For the treatment of damaged curls
How to use argan oil to restore damaged hair? The mask is somewhat difficult to prepare, but It has a very intense regenerative effect: 2 tbsp. spoons of blue clay dilute 3 tbsp. spoons of a nettle broth, leave for half an hour.
Combine 1 teaspoon of argan, burdock, castor oils and honey, heat them in a water bath. Beat 1 egg yolk with 1 tbsp. a spoon of sour cream. Combine all ingredients, stir until smooth.
If the hair is intensively showered, you need to act as soon as possible to stop this unpleasant process. To preserve the density of the hairstyle, use this recipe:
- Mix argan and burdock oil in equal proportions.
- Lightly warm the composition and apply it according to the standard scheme.
- Duration of action is from 3 to 8 hours.
Do burdock-argan masks daily until they fall out, and then switch to supporting weekly use.
Argan oil in masks
Argan oil can be actively used as part of home masks.
For hair growth, the following composition is used:
- Castor spoon
- A spoon of argan oil,
- A spoonful of lemon juice
- A spoon of honey melted in a water bath,
- 3 ampoules of vitamin E,
- 8 drops of vitamin A.
Mix the composition to a homogeneous consistency, apply massage movements to the root of the head and distribute the product through the hair. Create a greenhouse effect on your head. Wash off the mask after an hour.
To normalize the sebaceous glands:
- One spoonful of argan oil, avocado, grape seed,
- 3 liters of cedar and peppermint essential oil.
Mix all the components and apply to the scalp for 30 minutes. Wash off in the usual way.
Argan oil for damaged hair and for alopecia:
- Take 1 teaspoon of argan oil,
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil,
- Beat egg yolk
- Add 7-10 drops of lavender essential oil and 5-7 drops of sage essential oil.
Rub the resulting mask into the hair roots and distribute along the entire length of the hair. Leave on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with plenty of warm water and shampoo.
Attention! It is recommended to add a few drops of argan oil with a cosmetic balm or mask, keep on your head for several minutes. Use regularly.
Only in the absence of an allergic reaction to a natural product will it be possible to make hair smooth, healthy, silky, and nourish the skin with useful trace elements, regulating the sebaceous glands in the deep layers of the epidermis.
Colorless henna mask for volume
Another recipe for oily and normal hair. Henna will make them thicker, give volume, accelerate growth.
- Colorless henna - 2 tablespoons.
- Water - 20 ml.
- Argan oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Pour henna with boiling water, leave to brew for 20 minutes.
- Add oil, mix.
- Apply to hair, wrap with cellophane.
- You can rinse off after 30-45 minutes.
For strengthening and hair growth
You can use this recipe:
- take a teaspoon of argan oil, castor oil, as well as lemon juice and honey,
- add 5 capsules of aevita.
After mixing the components, the mixture is rubbed into the hair and scalp. They make a warm compress, from time to time they heat it with a hairdryer. The procedure takes about an hour.
Another version of the mask to accelerate growth is to mix an equal amount of oils of argan, castor and burdock. It must be rubbed into the scalp for 12-15 minutes, then wrap under a film and a towel for an hour.
Curls that have lost their beauty and have faded require additional application of nutritional components. In this case, argan oil for hair is used in this form:
- In 4 tbsp. slightly warmed product, add 1 egg yolk and 1 tsp. sage essential oil.
- Whisk with a whisk until smooth.
- Immediately proceed to application, since after a short standing the mask will exfoliate.
Rinse off the mask with cool water so that the yolk stays liquid. If your hairstyle tends to get dirty quickly, use a whole chicken egg without separating the protein from the yolk.
Apply argan oil to dry, dirty hair. Work the length and tips. Wrap your hair with polyethylene and insulate with a hat or towel.It is enough to hold the mask for half an hour, then you need to rinse with shampoo. After such a mask, the hair will be smoothed, and you will do without a balm or conditioner.
Revitalizing mask with avocado and lemon juice
After such a mask, the hair will become soft, acquire a mirror shine. If you keep the composition on your hair for more than 3 hours, you can lighten the curls slightly.
- Avocado - 1 pc.
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons.
- Argan oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Mash avocados with a blender.
- Add lemon juice and oil. Mix.
- Apply under a hat, insulate.
- Rinse off after 1 hour.
For general strengthening
To strengthen and restore the original structure, you need to prepare a highly effective prescription drug: 1 teaspoon of dry yeast, pour 1 tbsp. a spoonful of warm milk. Let them swell.
Beat 1 egg with 2 tbsp. tablespoons of cognac, 1 tablespoon of argan oil to combine with 1 tbsp. spoon of honey, slightly warm them in a water bath.
Grind 1 medium onion, squeeze the juice from it.
Mix all prepared components, beat them with a blender.
For dry hair
A combination of argan oil and coconut will help moisturize over-dried hair. Lavender has a strengthening effect, but it is undesirable to use esters for pregnant women, as they can cause allergies. Lavender ether can be removed from the composition without compromising the quality of the mask.
- 11-12 drops of argan,
- 2 drops of lavender ether
- unrefined coconut oil - from 10 milliliters or more (depending on hair length),
- film for wrapping.
The oil mixture is heated in a water bath until the coconut melts. The mask is applied along the entire length of the hair without touching the skin. Then they are thoroughly combed, wrapped in a film or put on a shower cap. Wrap the head with a towel and leave the mask for at least half an hour.
It is allowed to leave the mask for the night, the main thing is to protect the pillow in case the hat comes off in a dream. The advantage of this composition, in addition to action, is a magical aroma incomparable with castor and burdock. The mask is washed off with shampoo.
This procedure combines care and pleasure, so that it has every chance of becoming a daily ritual.
- Add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil to argan. For oily hair use citrus or coniferous options, for dry - lavender or sage.
- Apply the resulting composition to the comb. It is most convenient to do this from a spray bottle.
- Thoroughly and slowly, lock the hair through the lock, periodically adding oil, if necessary.
This method can be used both in the morning and in the evening, before bedtime. In addition to the direct application of nutrients, you also get massage, which positively affects hair growth.
For split ends
If the ends of your hair are split, then no means will help. But significantly improve the appearance and soften the ends will help argan oil. Rub a couple of drops between your palms and treat the ends of your newly washed hair. It is not necessary to wash off the oil, it is completely absorbed, and after drying the hair nothing will be noticeable. In the same way, use oil to prevent cross-section.
Creamy mask for moisturizing hair
This recipe will welcome porous, damaged hair that needs to be moisturized and taken care of. Sour cream is a natural moisturizer, it contains lactic acid and healthy fats for curls. For oily hair, sour cream can be replaced with kefir.
- Sour cream 20% fat - 1 tablespoon with a slide.
- Argan oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Em. Bergamot - 3 drops.
- Sour cream to room temperature.
- Add argan, beat with a fork.
- Add 3 drops of bergamot essential oil, mix.
- Apply to hair, lay them in a bun and wrap with cellophane.
- You can keep it on your hair for up to 1 hour, then rinse.
In the form of masks
- For the preparation of therapeutic agents, only fresh products should be used, do not leave the mask in storage, since it becomes useless,
- Before starting the procedure, test the composition for allergies, applying it to the inside of the wrist. In the absence of reaction, you can put it on your head,
- after applying the remedies, you need to wrap the hair with a film of polyethylene and warm cloth,
- the exposure time of the masks can be from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the availability of free time and individual sensations from the procedure. Of course, in this case, a longer exposure has a better effect,
- it is desirable both during treatment and after it to switch to a healthy diet, which will include a minimum amount of canned, salted, fried, smoked products. At the same time, you need to add as much fruit, vegetables and greens to the diet as possible,
- it is recommended to dry and style the hair in a natural way, using the hair dryer and other heating devices as little as possible, which affect them very negatively, sharply reduce the effect of the treatment.
The recipe for a mask with argan oil, which can be used as a hair conditioner:
Irritants are known for their ability to enhance hair growth and awaken sleeping hair follicles. This is due to the expansion of capillaries and activation of local blood flow, which ensures the supply of nutrients to the bulbs. To prepare such a hair mask will be easy:
- 2 tbsp mix heated argan oil with 2 tsp. vodka and 0.5 tsp pepper.
- Immediately, avoiding delamination, apply the mixture to hair and skin, wrap them to maintain heat.
- Soak the mask for 30-40 minutes, then wash your hair with shampoo.
During the procedure, a slight burning sensation will be felt, this is completely normal and should not confuse you. Growth enhancement results can be seen after a couple of months of regular use.
Now you know exactly how to use argan oil for hair, and it remains only to put the acquired knowledge into practice. Indulge your curls with magic care, and they will thank you with obedience and a magnificent view!
Express mask with a decoction of herbs
This method is convenient to use when there is no time for a full mask. For example, before a morning shampoo. This two-phase mask is ideal for cases requiring special grooming and a radiant hairstyle.
- Argan oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Nettle broth - 2 tablespoons.
- Chamomile broth - 2 tablespoons.
- Prepare decoctions of herbs in advance, brewing them with boiling water and strain.
- In a small bottle, mix the oil and decoctions, shake thoroughly.
- Immediately after shaking, apply and distribute through the hair.
- After 5 minutes rinse with shampoo.
For damaged hair
- To restore the structure, you can prepare a mixture of a glass of coconut milk and a tablespoon of argan oil. The mixture is not cheap, so for economical application use a bottle with a spray. After applying the mask, the head is wrapped with film and left overnight. The composition is washed off easily.
- If the hair is damaged from frequent dyeing, then restoring masks from argania, camellia and olive are suitable. Oils are taken by teaspoon, rubbed into hair and left for a couple of hours.
All oil masks should be washed off only with warm water and shampoo. Hot water will nullify all efforts.
How to quickly and properly rinse argan
Often when using argan oil it is quite difficult to completely wash it off with a regular shampoo.
To avoid such a problem, you can flush in the following ways:
- add 1 teaspoon of hair balm to the prepared mask,
- before applying medicinal products, rub the egg yolk into the skin and hair,
- rinse your head after washing with water, in which a little apple cider vinegar or lemon juice is added.
The use of argan oil for the face
Argan oil restores natural beauty by actively changing the epidermis and normalizing the natural balance. It restores skin elasticity, visibly smoothes fine and expression lines. This oil is considered one of the best tools to prevent dehydration and loss of skin elasticity. Due to the complex effect on connective tissues, it restores natural elasticity. The unique ability to use high molecular weight proteins as reducing and compensating elements creates a lifting effect. The product provides effective care for all skin types, protects from environmental influences, slows down age-related changes.
You can cook creams in argan oil, you can wash your face with it, you can prepare hydrophilic gels with it, it can be added to face masks. First things first.
Unlike salon lamination, home lamination with argan oil has a cumulative effect. It precisely heals curls, and does not hide problems. After procedures in the salon, over time, the condition of the hair can only worsen. When laminating with oil, this is excluded. To carry it out, you need foil and a hairdryer.
- Argan oil - 3 tablespoons.
- Burdock - 1 tablespoon.
- Almond - 1 teaspoon.
- Mix everything and warm up to 40 degrees.
- Comb dry hair, divide into strands (about 10 pieces).
- Alternately apply the oil to the strand, immediately wrapping it with foil and warming it with a hairdryer for 15-30 seconds.
- When all the hair is wrapped, warm it again with a hairdryer for a minute.
- Wash off with shampoo after 1 hour. Repeat no more than 1 time in 2 weeks.
Ready-made cosmetics with argan oil
All manufacturers of cosmetics are closely monitoring the popularity of products, so they are ready to write on bottles that it is argan. Not all of these tools are worth buying.
For a natural product, it is better to go to stores with professional tools.
Self-respecting manufacturers of professional cosmetics of budget lines and expensive brands offer shampoos and masks, serums and balms that are convenient to use.
- Kapous produces Arganol shampoos, available for any budget,
- Gremymy uses Moroccan oil in almost every medium
- Prodigta - Moroccan manufacturer of the highest quality oil.
Judging by the rave reviews on the net, many girls save their hair with this tool. If you look at the pictures before and after argan treatment, the difference is impressive. If in nature there is a natural and effective remedy, then this is argania, and it is worth trying it.
Argan oil has practically no contraindications for use, except for individual intolerance and allergies to it.
This can cause additional irritation and festering.
Only a fake, expired or spoiled product can cause harm to health. How not to purchase a fake and prevent premature deterioration of high-quality expensive substances:
- acquire the substance in dark containers with drip caps (dispensers). In transparent bottles with ordinary caps, fakes are most often sold,
- a real quality product can only be of Moroccan production, as argan trees grow only there,
- the shelf life of argan oil cannot exceed 1 year. If it is larger, it means that there are preservatives in the composition that can cause significant harm to the hair, and not restore it,
- It is recommended to keep the bottle with this substance in the refrigerator. If at the same time the consistency thickens, then it contains extraneous, possibly harmful additives,
- to purchase the product only in large pharmacies with a solid reputation, remembering that it cannot have a low price.
When using low-quality or expired argan oil severe dryness of the scalp, peeling, itching, and the formation of dandruff can be observed. When these symptoms appear, you must immediately stop using the product and consult a trichologist.
When to expect an effect
The effect of using argan oil depends on the extent of hair damage. If they are insignificant, then, perhaps, recovery will come after the first course of treatment, which lasts for 2 months.
When the hair regains a healthy, attractive appearance, becomes shiny, elastic, you can carry out one procedure weekly, maintaining their condition in proper form.
At that time you can simply add the product to regular shampoo based on 50 milliliters of argan oil per 300 milliliters of shampoo.
Argan oil has recently become known in our country, although it has been used by oriental women for a long time to maintain beauty and health. It is a very effective hair care product.
Watch a video about the benefits of argan oil, there are a few more recipes for using this wonderful hair product:
Additional ingredients included in the mask based on it, help to strengthen its effect, adjust the purpose of the product. According to these recipes, you can restore the structure and appearance of the hair, save the effect of their use, beauty and health for a long time.
Argan oil wash
Argan oil can gently cleanse your face. There is such a thing as washing with oil, and argan oil is well suited for such purposes. Apply oil with clean hands on the entire face, massage along the massage lines. Leave the oil on your face for a while. Now take a clean towel, soak it in hot water and begin to slowly remove the oil from your face. Due to the fact that the towel is hot, the effect of steam is created, and thus the oil is removed from the face, drawing along with itself the dirt from the pores.
I like to use such washing in the bath, because there you do not need to use a towel. I put oil on my face before entering the bath, massage my face. The oil remains on the face in the steam room and does its job: it dissolves and draws dirt from the face and is slowly washed off by itself. As a result, the skin remains soft and refreshed. This is better than any scrubs. Now you know the benefits of argan oil for washing your face.
Pour argan oil into a container with a pipette and use dropwise for the face and skin of the eyelids. Apply the oil to the skin after washing and using the tonic, and after the oil, apply the cream. Use in the morning and evening for 10 days. After a while, the course can be repeated. More advanced can make a serum mixture by combining natural oils with a rejuvenating effect.
Argan oil for body
Argan oil along with gassul clay is used throughout the body in eastern hammams. After steaming and massage procedures, a paste of clay gassul and argan oil is applied to the body. This wrap is left on the skin for a while, and then washed off. Also, argan oil in a small amount can be applied to the body as a milk after washing. Take the oil in your palm, rub it and apply on the skin while it is wet after a shower or bath.
Body Cleansing Paste
- Clay rassul (gassul) 3 tablespoons
- Argan oil 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Tree essential oil ho 20 drops
- Water until paste
Make a paste of all the ingredients. Use to wash your body in a bath or bath instead of a shower gel. Such a tool perfectly cleanses the skin, does not dry it, leaves a lingering aroma. Apply with massage movements, leave for a while, then rinse. Cook the pasta 1 time.
Stretch Mark Prevention Oil
- Argan Oil 5 ml
- Rosehip Oil 15 ml
- Essential oil of myrrh, geranium, cistus, immortelle 1 ml each
- Mandarin essential oil 2 ml
- Hazelnut oil supplement to 50 ml
Combine everything in a bottle, mix. Use in areas at risk of stretch marks in the morning and evening.You can not immediately go outside after using the product - mandarin essential oil is photosensitive.
Anti wrinkle mask
- Argan oil 1 tablespoon
- Whole wheat flour 1 tablespoon
- Avocado Pulp 2 Tbsp
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil 2 drops
- Carrot essential oil 2 drops
Mix all the ingredients. apply the mask on the cleansed face and leave for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Sprinkle your face with hydrolyte and apply cream.
When I talk about argan oil, I mentally move to the eastern countries, where women from ancient times use this oil in personal care. So it seems the beauty and elasticity of their skin, the shine of hair. Despite the fact that the fruits of argania cannot be exported from Morocco, we can easily use oil, because buying it today is not difficult. The benefits of argan oil for the face, body and hair are obvious, it is universal and should be at home for every beauty.
Have you tried this valuable oil? And how was it used?